Demo in support of Gaza.London.Saturday 9th August. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Granted. Says much about some of the protesters then, that they hold others to a higher standard than their own.

Why is it strange or wrong for members of a democracy to hold other democracys to a higher standard than tin pot dictatorships?

It isnt really double standards. It is just focusing energy where they think they will get results. Dont get me wrong. Obviously Israel gets way more attention from these types than is justified. My point is that the reason they target you is that they relate to you more than the other side. Many of their arguments pretty much suggest that the other side is what it is and doesnt know any better.

Also, this specific case is to influence the British governments position and the British government is already anti-ISIS. You will demonstrations such of this with the tamil 'genocide' too. Its just much smaller obviously because they dont have the PR.
layman wrote:Why is it strange or wrong for members of a democracy to hold other democracys to a higher standard than tin pot dictatorships?

It isnt really double standards. It is just focusing energy where they think they will get results. Dont get me wrong. Obviously Israel gets way more attention from these types than is justified. My point is that the reason they target you is that they relate to you more than the other side. Many of their arguments pretty much suggest that the other side is what it is and doesnt know any better.

Also, this specific case is to influence the British governments position and the British government is already anti-ISIS. You will demonstrations such of this with the tamil 'genocide' too. Its just much smaller obviously because they dont have the PR.

It isn't strange or wrong but I'm not convinced that this is the reason. Most of Israel's detractors don't even think Israel is a democracy, and argue against that point when the issue of democracy is brought up. It is only characterized as a racist and murderous regime, worse than other racist and murderous regimes. Even Muslim regimes don't get that sort of flak and considering that most of these protesters are Muslim, it even enforces my point.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls No. Your perception of it is not. I g[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'd be totally happy for us to send ground troop i[…]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's promo[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]