Demo in support of Gaza.London.Saturday 9th August. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

National Demonstration for Gaza
Saturday 9 August. Assemble 12 noon
outside BBC, Portland Place
(tubes: Great Portland Street/Oxford Circus)
marching to rally at Hyde Park via US Embassy
demonstration
Please ask all your family and friends to join the demonstration on Saturday. Be a part of it!

At the time of writing (Tuesday) over 1,814 Palesnians have been killed and 9,536 injured.

UN OCHA says "Children continue to bear the brunt of the crisis". The number of children killed stands at 408 with at least 2,877 children injured.
An Israeli missile attack on Sunday against an UNWRA school has been condemned by the UN as 'criminal act.'

Yesterday (Monday), Israel broke its own ceasefire, killing an eight year old Palestinian girl and flattening her family home. The Israelis then launched an attack on another home>

Whole neighbourhoods have been flattened, and almost half of the Strip was already a 'no go zone', before the bombardment of Rafah.

Palestinians are struggling to dig out the bodies of the dead, hospitals struggling to cope with the bloodshed and death, and shelters struggling to cope with the hundreds of thousands attempting to seek refuge. Ambulances, hospitals and UN schools sheltering refugees have all been targeted by Israeli bombs.

International outrage has escalated, with thousands blocking the streets outside the Israeli Embassy in London over the weekend, and protests taking place across Britain. But even now, the BBC is determined to 'defend Israel'

We need to increase the pressure even further - and ensure that our voices are heard. Please ensure that nobody can say that they didn't know about the demonstration this coming Saturday - forward this email on to family and friends, and bring them along.

Tell Cameron - NOT IN MY NAME! STOP ARMING ISRAEL! STOP THE MASSACRE!
The Palestine Solidarity Campaign works for peace & justice for Palestinians, in support of human rights & against all racism
National Demonstration Saturday 9 August
Assemble 12 noon, outside BBC HQ, Portland Place, London
marching to Hyde Park via US Embassy twitter#GazaA9
The latest figures from UN OCHA are sickening:

At least 1,849 Palestinians killed, with more still be recovered from the rubble of destroyed buildings.

373,000 children needing psycho-social care due to the trauma.

And materially, 65,000 displaced people have had their homes destroyed or damaged beyond repair.

Pressure is mounting on the government over its silence over Israel’s massacre in Gaza, and the arms trade.

In the last few weeks, we’ve already marched twice through the streets of London, with 100,000 people. All round the country, PSC branches have organised demonstations, protests and vigils.

National Demo Sat 9 August, assemble outside BBC, Portland Place at 12 noon
Politicians have been deluged with complaints from voters, calling for action to stop Israel’s massacre. Over 60,000 PSC supporters used one of our e-tools to write to their MP.

This pressure is already making a real difference. Labour leader Ed Miliband has said the government must oppose Israel’s actions in Gaza, and called Prime Minister David Cameron’s silence ‘inexplicable’.
On 5th August, Baroness Warsi, the senior Foreign Office minister, resigned from the government, saying its ‘approach and language during the current crisis in Gaza is morally indefensible’.
Now, Deputy Prime Minister, Nick Clegg has called for an arms embargo if the ceasefire doesn’t hold.

Read more about the situation>

The BBC has even agreed to air the Disaster Emergency Appeal (DEC). However, a BBC reporter admitted on the Today Programme that Israel admitting Gaza was a 'humanitarian disaster' was a key part of the BBC's decision to run the appeal.

The pressure is being felt – and now is the time to turn up the heat.

JOIN US THIS SATURDAY 9th AUGUST IN LONDON

Let’s make this a massive show of support for Palestine.

Twitter #GazaA9

Details of coaches to London from around the country and details of local protests available on facebook>
Baroness Warsi
I was given half a dozen "NOT IN MY NAME" T shirts. They were sponsored by Mecca Cola. An old Arab man gave them to me. Quite touching. I was at the massive march in London days before the start of the Iraqi War ( part two).

In regards to the demo.It is all about raising public awareness especially among the young. They need to be politicized.
Goldberk wrote:Yeah I was there, it's a bit disappointing in hindsight, a bit more organisation could have kept the crowd there

^
Kept them in Hyde park for the rally? What it proved to me was that there are many political compassionate people around.
^
At least it would have put pressure on Blair and publicized the obscenity. You are right,I did not see any violence.
In my teenage years I would have been up for confrontation. The youth need to be politicized. They are more interested in Xbox and instagram.
danholo wrote:I hope you have fun at your pro-terrorist/Islamist/genocide protest. I won't expect to see many anti-ISIS flags, just the usual anti-Semitic and genocidal rhetoric by the 'pro-freedom' crowd.

^^^^
Are you serious? But you are serious. We have a few dozen zionists in PoFo, so I presume there is a competition for the most infantile post. Does your post win?

Saturday 09 August 2014
Thousands of people opposed to Israel’s bombardment of Gaza have taken to the streets in London in a mass demonstration to try and intensify pressure on the British government. Arranged by a compendium of anti-war campaigners and religious organisations, the march, from the BBC’s headquarters near Oxford Circus to Hyde Park, was claimed by organisers to have had as many as 150,000 in attendance. The Met Police said that it was entirely peaceful and no arrests were made. Protesters’ travelled past the US Embassy en route to the central London park, waving “Free Palestine” placards and flags, while chanting that the Israeli offensive is a “massacre.”
Are you serious? But you are serious. We have a few dozen zionists in PoFo, so I presume there is a competition for the most infantile post. Does your post win?

Of course I'm serious. You hypocrites couldn't spot a real massacre even it was at your doorstep. I find it pathetic that 150,000 people are protesting a two sided war when Christians are being ethnically cleansed in Iraq, some minorities facing genocide.

Anti-war campaigners who are merely selectively anti-war when Jews defend themselves from genocidal (and inept) terrorists are a bunch of hypocrites who shouldn't be taken seriously. I've never seen such a foolish bunch.
You hypocrites couldn't spot a real massacre even it was at your doorstep. I find it pathetic that 150,000 people are protesting a two sided war when Christians are being ethnically cleansed in Iraq, some minorities facing genocide.

To be fair, Israel is held to a higher standard because it is part of the 'democracy club'. I am not saying these protests have a big impact on Israeli actions but it is far less of a waste of time than protesting ISIS Assad.
layman wrote:To be fair, Israel is held to a higher standard because it is part of the 'democracy club'. I am not saying these protests have a big impact on Israeli actions but it is far less of a waste of time than protesting ISIS Assad.

Granted. Says much about some of the protesters then, that they hold others to a higher standard than their own.
danholo wrote:Of course I'm serious. You hypocrites couldn't spot a real massacre even it was at your doorstep. I find it pathetic that 150,000 people are protesting a two sided war when Christians are being ethnically cleansed in Iraq, some minorities facing genocide.

Anti-war campaigners who are merely selectively anti-war when Jews defend themselves from genocidal (and inept) terrorists are a bunch of hypocrites who shouldn't be taken seriously. I've never seen such a foolish bunch.

Indeed - but then empty vessels make the most noise?
ISIS does not have the support of the UK government, it is being attacked by US forces, what would be the point of protesting against it?

Israel does have the support of the UK government, the US supplies the ammo used to murder children, when the US reduces Tel Aviv to rubble then I will stop protesting.

It is interesting you ignored all the other measu[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]

Indeed. It is strange, but they're all over the in[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ay43E94W58 :D […]