New Project to promote libertarian ideals - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

I would like to share with everyone here some information that would strengthen the libertarian position in polls around the world. My name is Bob LLewellyn and I am part of a project that is pioneering the concept of ocean colonization, or seasteading, if you prefer. The Marinea Project is not in itself a libertarian project, it is a solution to Earth over population. We have over 7 billion people on this planet fighting over just 12% of the Earth's surface. By 2050 that number will be in excess of 10 billion. The wars and rummer of wars that you hear in the background along with riots and terrorist plots all have a common source, over population.

Once we prove to the world that ocean living is a viable option to war, people will quit killing and start colonizing. The technical capabilities required to begin this project have already been found and ready for deployment. However, the plan calls for people living in boats at first, then in specially designed floating sea homes in an intentional community. That means some form of government will need to be developed. Several of the key members of that project are libertarians and suggested that we didn't have to worry about designing a government if we invited the third largest political party in the US to join us.

Marinea already has the endorsement of the South Carolina Libertarian Party and is seeking endorsements from other state parties and countries as well. The benefits to the Libertarian Party and members are many but the four that stands out the most is having an actual working libertarian government to point to as an example how liberty can work. Also advertising that will come as a result of the projects news capability. Remember many people still have never even heard of libertarianism. This first libertarian government will also be a test bed to see how different aspects of the libertarian ideal behaves in real life. Plus the insurance factor, a place to run in case of a zombie attack.

The benefits to individuals are significant as well. Memberships become citizenships when there are enough members to form our own floating country. In addition, founding members will be given basically a gift certificate called a Sea-Note for the same amount as the membership, to be used for future products or services at Marinea once it has been established. Now after Marinea does become its own nation, cost to become a citizen will be much higher than memberships are now - yet one sea-note will still be the whole cost for citizenship for one person. You will be able to purchase additional Sea-Notes to sponsor additional family and friends, while knowing that your purchases are helping to create some place special.

You can read more about the project at marinea.org If you like what you see and would like to help us, would you please ask your state or country's party to look at the information and send us your states endorsement and mention our project to any libertarian talk-shows and media outlets in your area. Thanks in advance...
Bob
When our collective civilization finally crashes, the world will have nothing at all to blame but the liberal orthodoxy that constrains every aspect of our existence, from birth to grave. The purest and most refined version of this poison is libertarianism.

I, for one, would be proud to launch the cruise missiles that target the floating libertarian nation. Once it hits the fan (as it inevitably must), no one will be able to escape justice. The furthest island, the remotest ship, a quonset in Antarctica, a ranch in Costa Rica, or a villa in Switzerland...none will be far enough away to protect you.
Was it Japan or China that was suppose to have a floating city already? Wonder what happened to it?
quetzalcoatl wrote:Yes, Donald.

Just an observation. In my experience that kind of preoccupation with what other people are doing is not spiritually healthy. It might even be a slave morality. Just be thankful to God that the lawfulness of creation allows you to point out the hypocrisy of bad rulers.
"What do you think of Plaid Cumru Bob?"

I am Welsh by linage but I was born in America. I respect the the integrity of my people so I won't take a position either way but instead will support what ever the good people of Wales decide.

As to the poor warped soul that publicly states in print that he wants to use violence against a large group of peaceful people, I would would like to remind this youngster that our friends in the FBI has a computer program monitoring every thing written and most of what is spoken and they take terroristic threats very seriously. A word of wisdom, "Tis better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt."
Peace to all,

Bob
Back to the project though, the village at sea government is being set up by libertarians. Instead of just talking about our beliefs, we could be working too make them happen in real life in the freest and safest place on the Planet. We have the endorsement of the South Carolina Libertarian Party and would appreciate any help that you can afford us getting the endorsements from other libertarian concerns.

The Marinea project will happen because our population on Earth is already 7 billion and we can't feed everyone now and in 35 years that population will be 40% more at 10 billion plus. The question is what type of government will it have. If we get early support from libertarians then it will be libertarian. If not, it will end up being just another democracy where the libertarians are arguing about how to get in.

Marinea has given an invitation to libertarians to have a for real government, do they want it? That is what we intend to find out.
Bob
"They have tried this before."

To my knowledge, no one has tried to colonize the oceans prior to this however, to answer the question as to why it will work is because the Earth's population needs it to.

In the next 35 years, Earth's population will grow from 7 billion which we can't feed now to 10+ billion. If we don't want a divesting war, we need to thin the herd by getting more living space. Outer-Space will take to long and we have run out of land and luck. We need answers and we need them quickly. Thus the Marinea Research Project intends to show that living in the oceans is safe and profitable and a great place to call home.

We know how to do all of this but we didn't really want to get into developing a government, which a village at sea would need if we want to keep it free of warlords. Several members of our group are libertarians, including me so I was given the job of offering Libertarians their first structural government if they would be responsible for creating it.

This is why we are asking all freedom loving people to contact any local or state parties or news programs that would fit our project and ask them to look our website over. We are looking for more endorsements and of course members.
Thanks in advance,

Bob
Any kind of neo-feudal island-state established by libertarians where they can rape and pillage their workers without fear of laws should be destroyed and its tyrants who lord over thhose masses in the insane delusion of property rights and extreme, autistic selfishness should be killed just like any other group of tyrants.
Mariner Bob wrote:"They have tried this before."

To my knowledge, no one has tried to colonize the oceans prior to this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasteading

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... tup-nation

Libertarians have been trying to do this for a while.

however, to answer the question as to why it will work is because the Earth's population needs it to.

So, does that mean we are going to get rid of fossil fuels in the near future? Because we need to do that too.
From the wiki article
"Proposed structures have included modified cruise ships, refitted oil platform, a decommissioned anti-aircraft platform, and custom-built floating islands. [4]
No one has yet created a state on the high seas that has been recognized as a sovereign state. As an intermediate step, the Seasteading Institute has promoted cooperating with an existing nation"

The proposed structures have no method of growth, no business plan, and no way to supply needs of the community. This can't seriously be considered an attempt to colonize the oceans.
The second line above also claims that "No one has yet to create a state on the high seas", which I think backs up my belief.
The third part mentions a project that the Seasteading Institute is doing. But we do a lot more than Arranging for that halfway measure in the French Polynesia in the pacific. The west coast guys are doing that. The east cost bunch had a different philosophy, to use the American west as a role model, start small and grow over time. That barge will be the town square. Its expandable by tying a second or third barge together, but before we get to that point we will have phase two ready for launch.

West coast design is for calmer waters like a bay or gulf, somewhere protected and under the protection of some government. The east coast design will be with much higher walls or some other form of wave breaker that will handle up to 50 ft waves. Semi-submersible homes design to duck under big waves. Away from existing nations and actually expect to create one of our own.

Randy and the west coaster are perfectly capable of building a floating island close to Tahiti but what kind of business will they have? That is a place for the rich and famous. Marinea is close to the US markets and Cuban. We are the working class.

Oh, what I wanted to say was, we are sort of part of the Seasteading Institute, but we are working on a pilot project that does somethings the Polynesian efforts don't cover.

Anyway, no one has created an actual community at sea as yet but we are on track to be the first.

Bob
One of the scifi writers I like based his stories on what he thinks he needs to make libertarian governance feasible.

To his way of thinking, it takes a hell of a lot.

There are no libertarians, just posers. But give it a few centuries, that just might change towards the end of the millennium.

We have totally dominant hate filled ideology. T[…]

I got my results: https://moralfoundations.github[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...We have bottomless pockets and Russia does not[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving […]