Iran: Protest intensified repression against labour - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Online petition here:
Act NOW!
Iran: Protest intensified repression against labour activists - No to whippings and executions!
Repression against labour activists in Iran is intensifying. In recent weeks, there have been numerous cases of arrests and jailings. Most shocking perhaps was the sentencing of two women labour activists (Sousan Razani and Shiva Kheirabadi, pictured) to 15 lashes and four months in prison -- for the "crime" of participating in a May Day celebration.

Additional cases which concern us include:

Mr. Abdullah Khani, 40 lashes and 91 days in prison
Mr. Seyed Qaleb Hosseini, 50 lashes and 6 months in prison
Mr. Khaled Hosseini, 30 lashes and suspended prison sentence
Mr. Farzad Kamangar, a Kurdish teacher, sentenced to death
Mr. Afshin Shams, arrested
Mr. Mansour Osanloo, leader of Tehran's bus workers, in prison since July 2007

We call on the Iranian government to immediately release these prisoners and to cease all repression of labour activists.

You can help! Type in your name and email address, then click on 'Send Message' on the bottom of this page.

"Regime change" from the proletariat, not from the Pentagon!
By stannis
"Regime change" from the proletariat, not from the Pentagon!

That's not likely, though, is it? In the end, the Pentagon may be the only thing can bring regime change in Tehran. Not to say that they should.
By Dave
I am not Iranian so I see no reason why I should participate in a protest regarding their internal affairs.
By Erebus
I am not Iranian so I see no reason why I should participate in a protest regarding their internal affairs.

Indeed, are there many people outside of the Iranian nationality that join in this?
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

THere's lots of giddy-ness and support around it.[…]

Not well. The point was that achieving "equ[…]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]

Watch what happens if you fly into Singapore with […]