RNC arrests action - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Zyx
I got this in an email:

Recent arrests at the Republican National Convention have included illegal raids of activist groups and the arrest of many transgender folk. They have been denied medical care, including hormone therapy, and are not being placed in appropriate cells.

Call the mayor and the sheriff and demand:
- that everyone arrested receive medical attention as needed including hormone therapy
- that those arrested anonymously be allowed to meet as a group with a lawyer
- that transgendered people be placed in the cells of their choice
- the immediate release of all minors.

St. Paul Mayor Chris Colen
(651) 266-8510

Sheriff Bob Fletcher
(651) 266-9333

It's probable that the calls won't get through until Monday, but call and leave a message anyway. Then call again on Monday.

The more messages they receive the more likely they are to follow the demands.
By bayano
There were an estimated eight hundred arrests related to the RNC protests, including some pre-emptive and some re-arrests. Many reporters were among them, but I feel worse for most of the protesters who were brutalized (in a way that the police state does all the time in communities of color) who didn't deserve the violence or detention. Protesters cars were totalled, doors were kicked in, children were traumatized. It was a particularly rough week for protests, and yet they still had the strength to keep marching, and keep trying in the face of... well, whatever's behind those gas masked, riot helmeted fronts.
BRICS will fail

BRICS involves one of several configurations emplo[…]

So you do justify October 7, but as I said lack th[…]

Not well. The point was that achieving "equ[…]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]