End Affirmative Action! Sign NPI's Petition Today - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

End Affirmative Action!
Sign NPI's Petition Today

Affirmative action is unfair, un-American, and just plain wrong. A bill to end it has been languishing in Congress since 1995.

Join NPI in demanding that Congress finally take action, and pass the Equal Opportunity Act of 1995. (http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/ ... t-of-1995/)

Read—and then, please sign—NPI's Petition

http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/petition
By Dr House
*signed*

My comment at the bottom:

"Affirmative action is not based on equality of opportunity. It is not based on equality under the law. It is, quite simply, race/gender-based equality of outcome. It cannot be described in any other way except racist."
By Mercutio
Affirmative action is unfair, un-American, and just plain wrong.

I can see how the right-wing would say that. Their idea of fair is to ship our jobs overseas as long as it benefits stockholders. Same thing with affirmative action. If it benefits anyone at a disadvantage from the day they're born, well, of course that's an outrage.

Everything about the right-wing is based on selfishness... whenever it's not based on outright lies.
By Kasu
I'd rather have nothing at all that way we can force them to comply!
By RonPaulalways
Every one should sign this.
By learningcurv
From your NPI Petition:
Racial and ethnic minorities now account for 43 percent of Americans under 20 years old. Among people of all ages, minorities make up at least 40 percent of the population in more than one in six of the nation's 3,141 counties. (1)

First Racial and Ethic minorities? What are they including in their ethnic definition?

What the hey kind of a statistic is 1 in 6 of the nations 3,141 counties?

I read further, but these misleading first sentences were enough to discredit these whiney bigots.
By Zyx
Kasu wrote:I'd rather have nothing at all that way we can force them to comply!

The world does not work like that. If you have nothing then you have nothing; like money.
By Kasu
But it's just a sad excuse. It's like they said "here take this, now stfu and gtfo!"

Maybe if they didn't pass affirmative action, there'd still be an even stronger civil rights movement and anti-capitalist movement.
By Zyx
Kasu wrote:But it's just a sad excuse. It's like they said "here take this, now stfu and gtfo!"

That is precisely it, though. It was (likely) the greatest attainable concession; if the past activists had rejected it then it is very probable that whatever they would accomplish would be less. It is something that was conceded by the higher-ups and thereby should be kept. Until you amass a force that can gain more, it's stupid to throw away what you have.

Ibid. wrote:Maybe if they didn't pass affirmative action, there'd still be an even stronger civil rights movement and anti-capitalist movement.

I doubt it. It would be senseless to not make an accomplishment and yet get stronger as opposed to making an accomplishment and getting stronger. The movement was likely, assuming that it had rational leaders, in its last throws and took the best that it could get.

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]

Lies. Did you have difficulty understanding t[…]

Al Quds day was literally invented by the Ayatolla[…]

Yes Chomsky - the Pepsi-Cola professor of Linguis[…]