Open Challenge: From The Ground Up - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

I've spent a lot of time recently thinking about the ideal theory on which to found a state. Not the best way to react to this crisis or that, not the best policy to determine the future given the current situation, but the best principles and policies upon which to found a country. Would you go with a current country's constitution or other founding document? Would you write your own? Would you have no formal declaration of principles, and instead simply go with whatever was enacted? Would you set up some form of controlled or uncontrolled anarchy?

THE CHALLENGE: Write a coherent plan that would result in the "best possible" (by whatever means you choose to define that) society. Include, if possible, an explanation of why you believe that plan would be effective, and what your target conditions were.

I will post my own solution at a later date, but I'd like this thread to consist of multiple proposals and discussion of them, not simply discussion of my own, so it will be in a separate post. In addition, I'm not done with it yet. :P

The Rules:
1) The theorized state you are planning can be a hypothetical country that is equal to or greater than the population and geographical area of present-day Germany or any current state that meets that restriction.
2) You have infinite, one-time 'political capital'; you may enact any plan you wish, but you may not intervene at any later time.
3) Your proposal must, at minimum, include the rights a citizen is entitled to, the structure of the government, and whatever restrictions or lack thereof will constitute your nation's economy (if you expect a laissez-faire capitalist economy, that should be at least implied somewhere and stated in your explanation; if you expect a communist economy, that will probably need to be laid out more explicitly).

Knock yourselves out!

You should put the full quote I am of the o[…]

Muscovite’s Slaughter of Indigenous People in Alas[…]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's prom[…]

No, it doesn't. The US also wants to see Hamas top[…]