A peaceful call to the World from protesters in Iceland - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Iceprotester
canadiancapitalist wrote:
Whate state action(s) / inaction(s) are you so angry about? I generally approve of overthrowing the government but if this is some hissy fit about not getting a stimulus package so help me God...

Please read the former messages from me regarding not doing anything about correcting people lost their savings when the three banks where taken by the central bank, etc.

There is much much more we are angry about! For excample the sudden rise of inflation and not doing much to help people from loosing jobs, loosing their homes.

Hallo. Never before has been such strong reason to throw of the government as now! Yet they will not go. The politicians in Iceland tend to take no responsebility of their actions. The act of being in power is so strong in them :(
By Potemkin
There is much much more we are angry about! For excample the sudden rise of inflation and not doing much to help people from loosing jobs, loosing their homes.

Hallo. Never before has been such strong reason to throw of the government as now! Yet they will not go. The politicians in Iceland tend to take no responsebility of their actions. The act of being in power is so strong in them :(

They're politicians, what else do you expect? What never fails to astonish me is the respect with which politicians are regarded in many European countries. In Britain, we regard them as venal liars and thieves until proven otherwise. We barely tolerate them. This is one of the reasons why the British are not responding with the same outrage and anger as other nations' populations - we sort of expected this sort of thing to happen. We just heave a deep sigh, roll our eyes and grit our teeth. The bastards have done it again. Other nations seem to have an absurd, naive respect for their politicians. Maybe the current crisis will wake them up for once.
By Iceprotester
Potemkin wrote:
They're politicians, what else do you expect? What never fails to astonish me is the respect with which politicians are regarded in many European countries. In Britain, we regard them as venal liars and thieves until proven otherwise. We barely tolerate them. This is one of the reasons why the British are not responding with the same outrage and anger as other nations' populations - we sort of expected this sort of thing to happen. We just heave a deep sigh, roll our eyes and grit our teeth. The bastards have done it again. Other nations seem to have an absurd, naive respect for their politicians. Maybe the current crisis will wake them up for once.

We too regard them as liars and bearly tolerate them. But we Icelanders are so few and we never seem to give up raising our expectations in them.

And we must try to build expects in a new government with new idealogy. We have to believe in that there must be something better.:eh:

Although my idealogy is without political parties.
By Potemkin
We too regard them as liars and bearly tolerate them. But we Icelanders are so few and we never seem to give up raising our expectations in them.

Don't worry. One day your nation will grow up and become jaded and cynical just like Britain. ;)

And we must try to build expects in a new government with new idealogy. We have to believe in that there must be something better. :eh:

Er... what 'new ideology' would that be? The ideology that the economy should be looted by people who wear grey suits instead of by people who wear blue suits?

Although my idealogy is without political parties.

There's your problem right there - lack of ideology identity. If you don't know what you stand for, then you'll stand for anything. :roll:
By Iceprotester
Reposted:
A peacefull call to the World from the protesters in Iceland

Hello all,

I am writing here to let you all know of a message we protesters in Iceland are sending to the whole World. Please read this with peace in mind Smile

We are sending this message to all peaceful minded people we find Wink And we are sending this to many Newsagents and Newspapers around the World. Why we are sending it? Because we are expressing that we are peaceful people who have had nothing to do with the economy and the banks coll in Iceland and abroad. We are just the public in Iceland and we want our government to resignate as this all origianted from one of the two parties in the government.

here is the message:
The Icelandic Government is the most unpopular government since the Icelandic democracy started in 1944.

The majority of the Icelandic public is against its government. Each and every week and many times a week, a large group of protestors meet in front of the Icelandic parliament to protest. They are protesting what the government is not going to do and what they are going to do to revive Iceland out of the financial crisis.

We the protesters and protesters on the Blogs want to expose the mistrust in the government by writing to news agents and newspapers and peaceful people around the World. Many times we have demanded the resignation of our government, yet they decline to do so.

Icelandic protesters have not been aggressive through history when feeling a strong need to protest. Our Country is known to be one of the most peaceful nations in the World. Therefore it is doubtful that there will be a revolution in our Country. But still we are at the brink of more aggressiveness against the government and who knows what might happen early next year?

It is safe to assume there would already have been a revolution in some other countries if they were in a similar situation like we are in now.

We Icelanders, the people, a majority which is against its government; call for support from peaceful minded people from around the whole World.

So is there anyone with a great idea on how to throw out the government? serious suggestions welcomed.:) 8)

By Iceprotester
Potemkin wrote:
There's your problem right there - lack of ideology identity. If you don't know what you stand for, then you'll stand for anything.

The protesters in Iceland are more than one group from quite a few parties that came together to protest and ask for a new election! Even new parties and people on the left and the right.

I on the other hand have build my own idealogy wich is based on people re-changing power and without political parties. Yet I protest as I am seriously willing the government to resign like we all protesters want. My idealogy then perhaps must been elected upon I think.
By Potemkin
So is there anyone with a great idea on how to throw out the government? serious suggestions welcomed. :) 8)

I've already told you: Molotov cocktails and AK-47s. There's really no other way. Srsly.
By canadiancapitalist
The first step is to convince everyone of the illegitimacy of the state. The second step is to stop paying taxes. The third step is to develop libertopia and send me a damn invite!
By Praetor
When I was in Iceland last April, truckers and cops were fighting each other over gas prices.

It was a riot.
By guzzipat

The first step is to convince everyone of the illegitimacy of the state. The second step is to stop paying taxes. The third step is to develop libertopia and send me a damn invite!

In Iceland like most developed countries income tax is stoped at source by the employer, they have no means of not paying it.
Took about 10 seconds on the net to find that out, you could have done the same.
By Potemkin
In Iceland like most developed countries income tax is stoped at source by the employer, they have no means of not paying it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Molotov cocktails and AK-47s.
By FallenRaptor
"Not believing in force is the same as not believing in gravity" - Leon Trotsky

In other words, listen to Potemkin. ;)
By Sephardi
I dont know much about this topic but why the hell would you want to protest? You're spoiled by freedom (which Iceland has a lot of). You can protest if you live in Saudi Arabia, or Iran, but not in Iceland. Why the hell would you want to protest?
By forexguy
in regards to the problem in Iceland. I applaude the effort in a non violent change of government. But you have to understand that if you just sit their and do nothing physically(Large Strikes, Boycots) your not going to get anything done. In every revolution their has been violence to get the point across( American Revolution, African American Rights, or the overthrow of government in Iraq). You are not gonna beable to change your government without force because they CONTROL THE MONEY, THE CONTROL THE POWER. Have them lose money and they will lose power quick. Take money out of Banks, do not invest into the economy, Buy only what you need do not give them an advantage. AND CHANGE WILL COME. IF THAT DOES NOT WORK THEN DESTROY ALL THE RICH SHIT!! LIKE THE GREEK TEENS ARE DOING THEY HAVE OVER MILLIONS IN DAMAGES. THEY KEEP DOING WHAT THEY ARE DOING SHIT WILL CHANGE. Another thing you have to be aware of is that you have to be willing to die for the change you can not half ass it because if you do nothing will get done. U have to realize that its going to get worse and you have to assume the worse but you need to b willing to take the risk.! REVOLT AGIANST THE NWO!! The same thing is happening to every country. Government buying banks gives them great power and funding. TRY TO STOP IT BEFORE IT GETS TOO OUT OF HAND!!! SORRY FOR THE SPELLING ERRORS
By Potemkin
Iceprotestor, pay careful attention. I shall say this only once....

By Dave
Chemical fire bottles can also be made in the home but are much more portable.
By Noelnada
I think i'm gonna phone Dominique to tell him we should change our plans.

REVOLT AGIANST THE NWO!!

When finally there's something good coming, the people are revolting. How despicable...
By Iceprotester
Sorry for the late reply ;)
in regards to the problem in Iceland. I applaude the effort in a non violent change of government. But you have to understand that if you just sit their and do nothing physically(Large Strikes, Boycots) your not going to get anything done. In every revolution their has been violence to get the point across( American Revolution, African American Rights, or the overthrow of government in Iraq). You are not gonna beable to change your government without force because they CONTROL THE MONEY, THE CONTROL THE POWER. Have them lose money and they will lose power quick. Take money out of Banks, do not invest into the economy, Buy only what you need do not give them an advantage. AND CHANGE WILL COME. IF THAT DOES NOT WORK THEN DESTROY ALL THE RICH SHIT!! LIKE THE GREEK TEENS ARE DOING THEY HAVE OVER MILLIONS IN DAMAGES. THEY KEEP DOING WHAT THEY ARE DOING SHIT WILL CHANGE. Another thing you have to be aware of is that you have to be willing to die for the change you can not half ass it because if you do nothing will get done. U have to realize that its going to get worse and you have to assume the worse but you need to b willing to take the risk.! REVOLT AGIANST THE NWO!! The same thing is happening to every country. Government buying banks gives them great power and funding. TRY TO STOP IT BEFORE IT GETS TOO OUT OF HAND!!! SORRY FOR THE SPELLING ERRORS.

Nice. I think the protest will get new heights very soon! Until now this has been only many protests with speeches etc.
I like your advise of taking money out of the Banks. That really might be our next step! The aggressiveness has to really build up now I think. By reading into it all I really think this will end in a Revolution in February or Marz.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Molotov cocktails and AK-47s

Ye! I geti it! Molotov coktails and AK-47s!

Molotovs we can make! But who will be the supplier of the AK-47s?
Do you know of anyone from abroad willing to assist us?
Or do you know of any Gun trainers eh?
"Though I am not saying I will be part of that, just passing it along"
By Dave
No shortage of guns here in America my friend. ;)

Of course with your worthless currency buying them could be difficult. :lol:
By Kiroff
Geez wow and you guys wonder why everyone thinks that Iceland is the equivalent of Ralph in the Simpsons. What has liberalism done... :hmm:

As for AK-47s, Viktor Bout is currently arrested but I'm sure there are other paths. Contact your local communist party and if it doesn't exist/has become completely pussified, start a new one.

Though you really only need guns if there is an active resistance. And I mean they are liberals after all. :lol:
BRICS will fail

BRICS involves one of several configurations emplo[…]

So you do justify October 7, but as I said lack th[…]

Not well. The point was that achieving "equ[…]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]