Support Israel now. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Oxymoron
Today Israel faces its greatest challenge to her survival. Both at home with Hamas and Hezbollah trying to push the Jewish people into the Sea, and abroad with Iran developing Nuclear weapons and calling for Israel to be wiped of the map. Yet the greatest threat is Global anti semitism, which gives those terrorist players Hamas,Hezbollah and Terhan a free pass, while focusing its wrath against the small Jewish state. So show your solidarity with Israel a fellow free state which is fighting for its surivival. You can do so by donating to charities, writing letters of support, and if possible actively demostrating to show support for human dignity and freedom.

By War Angel
Oxy my friend, this isn't the 'greatest challenge', Hamas has no chance of pushing us anywhere... we are merely doing a bit of pesticide in the Strip, so we can live more comfortably (that is, without explosive rockets falling on our heads).

We'd appreciate all support, but it's important to realise what this is. We've been through way, WAY worse shit before. This is just another trial.
By Dave
I'm sure Israel can weather even the combined efforts of Sploop, Maas, and tailz :lol:
By War Angel
I'm sure Israel can weather even the combined efforts of Sploop, Maas, and tailz

Don't list tailz with those two... :hmm:
By Dave
Tailz is one of those Westerners obsessed with Israel, is he not? Besides, I like Sploop and tailz.
By War Angel
Tailz is one of those Westerners obsessed with Israel, is he not? Besides, I like Sploop and tailz.

Yes, but Maas and sploop! are haters and have a very clear agenda, tailz doesn't.
By Dave
Tailz has an internationalist, multicultural agenda. This is just as serious of a problem to me, but as I am not an Israeli obviously I'm not concerned with the special anti-Israeli animus (and I'm anti-Israeli, but in a wholly different and fairly benign way) as espoused by the other two.
By Maxim Litvinov
While I'm all for Americans acting against their own national interest, even I baulk at them being entreated to act for the sake of death, destruction and oppression for millions of people.
By Oxymoron
While I'm all for Americans acting against their own national interest, even I baulk at them being entreated to act for the sake of death, destruction and oppression for millions of people.

:*( Im sure you dont sleep at nights because of this.
Tell me are you Anglo?
By Dave
Maxim Litvinov wrote:While I'm all for Americans acting against their own national interest, even I baulk at them being entreated to act for the sake of death, destruction and oppression for millions of people.

Why would you be opposed to a country so close to your own acting against its national interest, except where those interests are opposed to your country's interests?
By Maxim Litvinov
Because stronger than whatever ever-so-slight personal benefit I might get out of Americans not being stupid is my schadenfreude, spurred on by my wish for celestial justice.

Really, the bigger question for non-Jewish Americans out there is why they continue to support a tiny country on the Mediterranean at the cost of peace, American security and billions of taxpayer dollars.
By Dave
Maxim Litvinov wrote:Because stronger than whatever ever-so-slight personal benefit I might get out of Americans not being stupid is my schadenfreude, spurred on by my wish for celestial justice.

I'm not talking about your personal benefit, but of the commonweal of the larger brotherhood of Anglo-Saxon countries. We're the most closely linked group of separate nations in existence as far as I'm aware, and I'm certainly eminently concerned with the welfare of other countries in the "Anglosphere".

Maxim Litvinov wrote:Really, the bigger question for non-Jewish Americans out there is why they continue to support a tiny country on the Mediterranean at the cost of peace, American security and billions of taxpayer dollars.

1. Propaganda (God Bless America and Israel bullshit, drumming up the Holocaust, etc.)
2. Anti-racism (you don't like Israel?! why, you must be an anti-semite!!!)
3. Racism (no one likes Arabs)
4. Inertia (we've being doing it for 50 years, it's the default now)
By Maxim Litvinov
I'm certainly eminently concerned with the welfare of other countries in the "Anglosphere".

I think a concern for global justice is more important than some sense of mutual gain and suffering based on language or skin colour or whatever ever-so-slight links an individual in Australia supposedly has with one in the UK or Canada or the US.

1. Propaganda (God Bless America and Israel bullshit, drumming up the Holocaust, etc.)
2. Anti-racism (you don't like Israel?! why, you must be an anti-semite!!!)
3. Racism (no one likes Arabs)
4. Inertia (we've being doing it for 50 years, it's the default now)

That sounds about right.
By Oxymoron
Really, the bigger question for non-Jewish Americans out there is why they continue to support a tiny country on the Mediterranean at the cost of peace, American security and billions of taxpayer dollars.

Israel has never caused America to get involved in a war. Britain has, France has, Saudia Arabia has, Kuwait has, even god damn Cuba has. While Tel Aviv was being bombed by Scuds, the IDF did not respond because that would have jeopordized Desert Storm. Billions of tax dollars in exchange they get Military development cooperation, they get intelligence, they get a Pro American Nation in the most important strategic area in the world.
By Dave
Maxim Litvinov wrote:I think a concern for global justice is more important than some sense of mutual gain and suffering based on language or skin colour or whatever ever-so-slight links an individual in Australia supposedly has with one in the UK or Canada or the US.

Slight links? We have common origins for goodness sake! At any rate, I think this is a fundamental difference between left and right. Left is concerned with justice, whereas right is concerned with kith and kin.

Maxim Litvinov wrote:Israel has never caused America to get involved in a war. Britain has, France has, Saudia Arabia has, Kuwait has, even god damn Cuba has. While Tel Aviv was being bombed by Scuds, the IDF did not respond because that would have jeopordized Desert Storm. Billions of tax dollars in exchange they get Military development cooperation, they get intelligence, they get a Pro American Nation in the most important strategic area in the world.

Let's compromise and bomb them all
By walkingbeard
Israel doesn't cause a war, but I think the US has to work break-neck to stop it, pretty much all the time. As soon as the US is gone, Israel's done for. It's like the goon that goes, "Nyerrrr" to the victim from behind the back of the school bully.
By Calanen
Israel's done for. It's like the goon that goes, "Nyerrrr" to the victim from behind the back of the school bully.

Israel did pretty well on its own in 1948, 1967 and 1973.
By Sephardi
Exactly. Muslim population of Israel/Palestine in 1947: 58%. Jewish Population of Israel/Palestine In 1947: 33%. They fought very important wars and won a revolt again the Palestinians before America helped them.
By Donna
America is not the 'life support' of Israel. Israel is an industrialized nation and as such, globalism pretty much sustains Israeli dominance in the Middle East. If the United States were to pull the plug on its policy toward the Jewish state, Israel's developed economy would still provide the country with the most superior military capabilities in the region. The idea that Israel would become a sitting duck for neighboring Arab states if the U.S. divorced itself from Israel is a masturbatory fantasy.
By Dave
Fear not, Donald. The same people furiously campaign Israel are also hard at work to end globalization.

Me too, I have seen Docs be critical of them. I[…]

@Deutschmania Not if the 70% are American and[…]

What confuses me much more is the question what t[…]

I said most. A psych prof once said that a colleg[…]