Protest against Israel - National Rally Sat 3rd - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By redcarpet
Who cares about the UN?

Pro-Israel hawks do, on occasion. Apparently describing Israel as "a member of the United Nations" gives it credibility ;)

So like, when it comes to Iran bashing, the hawks say "Iran has a leader who's threatened to wipe off the map a member of the United Nations".

And of course, when it comes to say.,....the conflict in Gaza atm it's "Hamas is hiding its forces in urban concentrations in violation of international law" etc.
By timel
boycott Israeli goods.
By Dave
redcarpet wrote:Pro-Israel hawks do, on occasion. Apparently describing Israel as "a member of the United Nations" gives it credibility ;)

So like, when it comes to Iran bashing, the hawks say "Iran has a leader who's threatened to wipe off the map a member of the United Nations".

And of course, when it comes to say.,....the conflict in Gaza atm it's "Hamas is hiding its forces in urban concentrations in violation of international law" etc.

In other words, when it suits their purposes.

I consider the UN to be an illegitimate, internationalist organization. I think the United States should withhold all funding from the UN and veto every single resolution so that the body becomes entirely worthless and crippled.
By Nets
timel wrote:boycott Israeli goods.

Collective punishment? You do realize that would just hurt the common people, lead them to think the world is against them and make them vote for even more hardline, right-wing parties.

Or so the logic goes.
By timel
Collective punishment? You do realize that would just hurt the common people, lead them to think the world is against them and make them vote for even more hardline, right-wing parties.

Or so the logic goes.

Seems like you are doing a description of what Israel did to Palestine.
Hamas wasn't in power before.
By Tailz
There was a rally here in Sydney over this, lots of people being very passionate over something that as far as I could tell, most only seemed to have a grasp of the newspaper headlines, and missed reading the newspaper article.

This nice fellow caught me looking at the buttons on sale and tried to talk me into signing a petition against the conflict - which i told him I didn't want sign as I don't agree... which obviously didn't sit well with him and he attempted to engage me in debate over the subject... the poor fool (I love a good debate)!!

We had a nice long talk where he tried to convince me of the error of my ways, to which my rebuttals must have confused him as I maintained a position that both Israel and the Palastinians were in error - which lead to a situation were I agreed with his accusations against Israel, but also countered with accusations against Palestinian aggression as a counter argument - this seemed to confuse the poor fellow more as he started to blame American imperialism, or some conspiricy that Israel is a British and American puppet state against the poor Arabs. Anyway, after a discussion of the history of the conflict, American and Israeli political interaction, and informing the fellow (who was Polish by the way, and seemed to think Poland is under attack??) that he should go and research the White Australia policy and the concepts of race based states and why their a bad idea, plus the origins of Zionism and where the term Palestinian comes from - I think I made it clear that I didn't support, nor was I against, Israel or the Palestinians. But in the end, he was a nice guy, if a bit misguided... Hopefully the fellow I talked too will show up on PoFo as I invited him to come and join the discussion here.

As the crowd got thicker, I moved off to watch from the sidelines. Everyone seemed to be getting into the chanting and flag waving. Then i got bored and wandered off....

By the way, I did snag myself a neat button that says: URANIUM, leave it in the ground!

Nets wrote:

Or so the logic goes.

But most Zionists already think most of the world hates them, you know, fear of a second holocaust at the hands of the gentiles and thus the need for a secure homeland....
By Sephardi
Seems like you are doing a description of what Israel did to Palestine.
Hamas wasn't in power before.

He was probably mocking you.
By Red Rebel
Philadelphia had a good turnout for our march on the 3rd of Jan. Thanks to everyone who showed up in solidarity for the people of Gaza. Local media showed up 30 minutes before the rally started and marked that many people showed up, 1 hour and 30 minutes before the march even began.

War Angel wrote:Our leaders? We elected them, they work for us. WE are the ones who have to deal with whatever happens, so we're the ones making the shots.

Elected leaders acting in the interest of the people? Unimaginable.

timel wrote:boycott Israeli goods.

1. Boycotts hurt working class people way before the people they are intended at.
2. Boycotts are extremely difficult to organize.
3. I can't think of any Israeli goods off the top of my head. Humus?
By War Angel
3. I can't think of any Israeli goods off the top of my head. Humus?

How about you stop using your computer, mmm? Oh, and no medicine for you, either!
By Red Rebel
I didn't mean that as an insult. I just can't think of any products I use or that my friends use that have a "made in Israel" tag on it.
By War Angel
I didn't mean that as an insult. I just can't think of any products I use or that my friends use that have a "made in Israel" tag on it.

I didn't take it as an insult. If you have an Intel processor, I suggest you toss it aside. Same goes for many, many medications. Hell - I can't be arsed to check for patents of scientific registries now, but I'm willing to bet a vast number were developed and\or invented by Israeli\in Israel.

So, yeah -- it's more than just hummus and oranges.
By sploop!
If you have an Intel processor, I suggest you toss it aside.

No longer true. Modern Intel processors are not Israeli. Although obviously Intel still has interests in apartheid Israel, which may lead one to conclude that they would be better off spending their cash elsewhere.
By War Angel
Although obviously Intel still has interests in apartheid Israel, which may lead one to conclude that they would be better off spending their cash elsewhere.

Oh, if you're aiming to boycott any company that holds commerce with Israel, well... good luck. :lol:

Watch what happens if you fly into Singapore with […]

Chimps are about six times stronger than the aver[…]

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]