a libertarian governor - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Classical liberalism. The individual before the state, non-interventionist, free-market based society.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By mikema63
http://reason.com/blog/2012/04/08/reasontv-governor-luis-fortuno-on-how-pu

Luis Fortuno addressing the reason foundation, he isn't explicitly a libertarian but he did say he shared his values with the reason foundation.

puerto rico will be voting on statehood in November so he might even run in the republican primary next time around.
Last edited by Cartertonian on 08 Apr 2012 23:48, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Spelling
PFT I'd hardly call 15% unemployment, and a 16% drop in GDP per capital (Note America's GDP per capital is up .6%) a success. Also note that this does not count Americas 2% GDP growth in 2011, or Rico 4% GDP decline in 2011
for the life of me i cant see what carter changed. :eh:

the man had to go to New York before he was inaugurated just to keep Puerto Rico from being downgraded to "junk" status by financial agencies, now it has a triple A rating. it also has more corporations starting than ever before in Puerto Rico's history.

Puerto Rico was in deep trouble before he came in to office, i dont expect him to work a miracle, unlike what some people would like to think i dont believe in magic.
Libertarian policies are sure to increase the number of corporations, but unemployment and GDP are another story... how long has this guy been in office for and what are the changes since he started?
he got in as governor in 2008, the GDP was negative about two years before the housing crisis and has done a lot of cutting in government spending (higher deficit than California remember) and government spending also factors into GDP so that helped it down as well. he also cut government jobs which made him quite unpopular, the unemployment numbers went down to 15% and have started to go down.

his numbers were really bad because of the job cutting but recently his numbers show him winning a second term and his election is in November i believe.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/LuisFortuno-puerto-rico-deficit/2011/02/16/id/386344 some more detail on what he actually did

he still has more cutting to do he says since there is still a small deficit but things are looking good for his reelection.

he also talks about this stuff in the video from reason as well.
mikema63 wrote:http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/LuisFortuno-puerto-rico-deficit/2011/02/16/id/386344 some more detail on what he actually did

he still has more cutting to do he says since there is still a small deficit but things are looking good for his reelection.

he also talks about this stuff in the video from reason as well.

Newsmax sounds like a crappy source given that they claim Fortuno is the first republican governed since 1969. Clearly they slept through the yeas 1993-2001, 1977-1985
your right newmax isn't very good, i just copied the first link that had a list of things he has done.

there aren't that many, well in the reason.tv video he talks about some of the things hes done, its probably more reliable. :p
mikema63 wrote:your right newmax isn't very good, i just copied the first link that had a list of things he has done.

there aren't that many, well in the reason.tv video he talks about some of the things hes done, its probably more reliable. :p

Yea I've found it hard to find information on Peurto rico as well.

He did not occupy czechoslovakia. The people ther[…]

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just ha[…]