A Message from a prominent Libertarian - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Classical liberalism. The individual before the state, non-interventionist, free-market based society.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The Obama you’ve seen for the last four years is nothing like the radical man who will be unleashed for the next four. The first Obama term was just a small taste of things to come. Without having to answer to voters again, Obama will be his REAL radical self. Without restraint, Obama will ignore Congress, and govern by Executive Order. These radical Executive Orders from "Obama unleashed" will change America forever.

Is this the new Republican conspiracy theory? :lol: "Now he doesn't have to answer to the voters the red flag will be flying over the white house any day now Bil Bob."

I can't wait for him to abolish the state governments and devolve power to the local workers Soviets.
Fuck that moron author. And fuck the Libertarian party too

I'm the most extreme libertarian that this forum has ever seen and I don't believe that voting or democracy is compatible with liberty. I wrote in Thomas Jefferson for everything. Maybe some government poll worker will read it and look up the Declaration of Independence.

(I went to the polling station for time off :D)
Sarkozy several months ago tried to pander to the anti-immmigrant FN vote during the second round of the Presidential election, omitting the fact that he never reduced immigration and probably wouldn't have done so if elected. This scenario has never worked and will never work since they would renege their policies after being elected. It never ceases to amaze me how so many people fall for this trick over and over again.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Obviously, the libertarian quoted is not concerned with social issues, only economic ones.

What do you call a "libertarian" who only supports economic libertarian views and not social ones? Other than "a conservative"?

I call anyone that sees a difference between economic liberty and social liberty extremely confused. This is a false distinction. If I'm not free to do what I want to with my body, then I'm not free. Whether in this context I'm talking about using my body to speak my mind, to use 'substances', or to acquire property is entirely irrelevant.
Rothbardian wrote:I call anyone that sees a difference between economic liberty and social liberty extremely confused. This is a false distinction. If I'm not free to do what I want to with my body, then I'm not free. Whether in this context I'm talking about using my body to speak my mind, to use 'substances', or to acquire property is entirely irrelevant.

There's stuff that you do because you enjoy doing it and are even willing to pay for the chance, and there's stuff that you do because people are willing to pay you to do it and you need the money. There's a difference between what you do in your business suit and what you do in your birthday suit. People who make this distinction aren't the ones who are confused.

If you'd like to become un-confused, try living in Singapore. It's very business-friendly, but smoking pot can get you the death penalty. So it's like Texas, but full of Asians instead of cowboys.
Elect G-Max wrote:
There's stuff that you do because you enjoy doing it and are even willing to pay for the chance, and there's stuff that you do because people are willing to pay you to do it and you need the money. There's a difference between what you do in your business suit and what you do in your birthday suit. People who make this distinction aren't the ones who are confused.

If you'd like to become un-confused, try living in Singapore. It's very business-friendly, but smoking pot can get you the death penalty. So it's like Texas, but full of Asians instead of cowboys.

This is exactly what I meant about people being confused. What I do with my body, and why I do it, is none of your business. Assigning a 'business' label to some of my activities doesn't change the fact that to interfere with my choices about what I do, and why (as if it's any of your business) is wrong.
Rothbardian wrote:What I do with my body, and why I do it, is none of your business.

Or as Thomas Jefferson would have put it
What I do with my body or the bodies of my 150 slaves, and why I do it, is none of your business.
Rich wrote:Or as Thomas Jefferson would have put it

I'm completely confused about what anything Jefferson had to say has to do with my argument?

You seem to feel that it was wrong for Jefferson to use violence to force his will on those slaves, just like I feel it's wrong for you to do to me. Are you intentionally comparing your position to that of a slave owner? If so, kudos on your honesty, it's rare to find a statist as upfront and honest as yourself.

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Settlement program is an example of slow ethn[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]