A brief introduction - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Classical liberalism. The individual before the state, non-interventionist, free-market based society.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Husky
Good evening, wherever you might be.

I have had "moderate" political views since I got into politics, but as the years have gone on I have drifted further and further towards being a Libertarian.

I would describe myself as a minarchist. I look forward to interesting discussions in this sub-forum, and hopefully the anarcho-capitalists can persuade me to drift further towards an anarchist.
Husky wrote:I would describe myself as a minarchist. I look forward to interesting discussions in this sub-forum, and hopefully the anarcho-capitalists can persuade me to drift further towards an anarchist.

They have worked their anarchist wiles on me, I was also a minarchist when I showed up here, only to be convinced that no government however small and however constrained will remain so for long.

Welcome, Husky.
By Husky
Rainbow Crow wrote:Welcome, I too like husky dogs.

They are rather aesthetic:

Rojik of the Arctic wrote:Moderate, eh?

That means you are probably insane.

Not to worry - we'll sane you up alright.

Joe Liberty wrote:
They have worked their anarchist wiles on me, I was also a minarchist when I showed up here, only to be convinced that no government however small and however constrained will remain so for long.

Welcome, Husky.

It was the charismatic Milton Friedman that introduced me to the concept of liberty. I have read a number of books since then; sharpened my economics, and whatnot. I guess it's only a matter of time...

Thanks for the welcoming, everyone!
By Someone5
ronimacarroni wrote:anarcho capitalism?
You mean the system where people pay lords for protection?
Kind of reminds of something
Oh yeah feudalism

Who doesn't want to be a serf?
By Husky
ronimacarroni wrote:anarcho capitalism?
You mean the system where people pay lords for protection?
Kind of reminds of something
Oh yeah feudalism
Someone5 wrote: Who doesn't want to be a serf?

It's not personal, it's just business.

By Eran
Welcome.

I will be delighted to try and show you the light.

We can start with you telling what your concerns about anarchy are. After all, being a libertarian, you are already well aware of the problematic nature of government rule, of the advantages of the market, of the dangers of monopoly, etc.

Government operations become neither more ethical nor more efficient when it comes to provision of law and security.
By Husky
I would say my main concern is that, under anarchy, private protection agencies would become a de facto government.
By Soix
Husky wrote:I would describe myself as a minarchist.

Don't let Eran seduce you to the dark side...

You may be interested in a minarchist's rejection of anarchism (here). (Okay, this is self publicity).
World War II Day by Day

April 19, Friday Allied troops land on Norway co[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@late If you enter a country, without permission[…]

My prediction of 100-200K dead is still on track. […]

When the guy is selling old, debunked, Russian pro[…]