Do many people really genuinely believe in Liberalism? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Classical liberalism. The individual before the state, non-interventionist, free-market based society.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Well just from what I'm seeing now of what's been taking place in the world, I've started to think that Liberalism has always been sort of a ruse all this time. I have to wonder if perhaps as well whoever came up with the ideas had honest intentions, I cannot help but think it's become something much different then what it was intended to be in theory.

The problem I see is basically the old adage of "The oppressed become the oppress" and "absolute power corrupts all" and thus I would conclude those who are oppressed today and fight for their rights to "equality" and maybe even things like property ownership, quite often because the oppressors of the tomorrow. Thoughts?
I don't think many people are very interested in waving ideological flags around, it is generally only a minority that gets off on that sort of thing. That goes even for "interesting times" when politics is spilling out on the streets and the blood is running in the gutter. The ideology of normal people is to make a living, raise a family have a little fun now and again, that goes no matter which kooks are ruling over them: democrats, kings, commies or generalissmos.
SolarCross wrote:I don't think many people are very interested in waving ideological flags around, it is generally only a minority that gets off on that sort of thing. That goes even for "interesting times" when politics is spilling out on the streets and the blood is running in the gutter. The ideology of normal people is to make a living, raise a family have a little fun now and again, that goes no matter which kooks are ruling over them: democrats, kings, commies or generalissmos.

Agreed.

Most people just want laws and regulations that benefit them.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I think future vice-president Kushner has the fact[…]

As someone that pays very close attention to Amer[…]

I (still) have a dream

...Kids don't need to drive anywhere to play with[…]

Jared Kushner is inspired by the real estate pote[…]