What US sanctions will do to Russia, Iran and North Korea - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Oxymandias wrote:@One Degree

That's more of a pipe dream thing. And if you did read that you would know that I said Iran only had influence over Iraq and Syria, just like every other country in the MidEast.

Yes, I understood. I was just pointing out all government has similar goals. The US is only different because of the amount of resources we have devoted to our military. We are therefore simply better equipped to get our way. Iran would be no different with the same resources.
@One Degree

Not every country sets out to influence others. Iran needs to do this for it's own protection since the Middle East right now is essentially Medieval Europe. The US doesn't need to do this at all.

@Zionist Nationalist

That is hyperbole and you know it. I gave you proof that women do have more opportunities after the Iranian Revolution, you just refuse to accept it. Therefore you aren't being rational, your as irrational as a child.
Oxymandias wrote:@Zionist Nationalist

No, Iran is what it's traditional name was, the name it's people called their country. The idea of "Aryans" started back in the Sassanid Empire and Aryans didn't represent a race but just a country.

maybe but the timing of the name change was suspicious

In 1935, Reza Shah requested the international community to refer to the country by its native name, Iran. As the New York Times explained at the time, "At the suggestion of the Persian Legation in Berlin, the Tehran government, on the Persian New Year, Nowruz, March 21, 1935, substituted Iran for Persia as the official name of the country." Opposition to the name change led to the reversal of the decision, and Professor Ehsan Yarshater, editor of Encyclopædia Iranica, propagated a move to use Persia and Iran interchangeably.[43] Today, both Persia and Iran are used in cultural contexts; although, Iran is the name used officially in political contexts
@Zionist Nationalist
Actually Iran and Israel were friendly during the 80s and early 90s. And there were attempts to further and closer relations between the 2 countries under president Khatami, however the US actively worked against it and rejected that there is any relation between the two countries which is why Israel withdrew from any offerings.
So, no, your government and that of the US were the ones to reject any good relations and peace.
Thats why president Khatami actually described Israel as backstabbers, because you withdrew from what was in many ways an alliance and became friendly with our enemies.
And i do recall that the Israeli prime minister was of Iranian origins and that he and Khatami came from the same place, just don't remember who was the Israeli prime minister nor where the hell they come from in Iran.

For the dress code in Iran, its application depends on the area you're in. Not all apply it, and some apply too much of it.

For the name Iran, thats been the native name for a very long time while Persia is the name the Greeks called it. The name Iran comes from the name Arya which is what the Parthians (us) called the land. Arya means the land of the Aryans because the major tribes who formed the nation are actually Aryans who migrated from the UKraine- south Russia regions to central Asia and colonized the area. So they called the land Arya refering to them selves. And Aryan symbols which include religious symbols like the Swastika goes back to around 4500 years in various ruins and historical digs in Iran as well as in India and central Asia.

Its Europeans who stole the symbol and the name, not the other way around.
anasawad wrote:@Zionist Nationalist
Actually Iran and Israel were friendly during the 80s and early 90s. And there were attempts to further and closer relations between the 2 countries under president Khatami, however the US actively worked against it and rejected that there is any relation between the two countries which is why Israel withdrew from any offerings.
So, no, your government and that of the US were the ones to reject any good relations and peace.
Thats why president Khatami actually described Israel as backstabbers, because you withdrew from what was in many ways an alliance and became friendly with our enemies.
And i do recall that the Israeli prime minister was of Iranian origins and that he and Khatami came from the same place, just don't remember who was the Israeli prime minister nor where the hell they come from in Iran.

For the dress code in Iran, its application depends on the area you're in. Not all apply it, and some apply too much of it.

For the name Iran, thats been the native name for a very long time while Persia is the name the Greeks called it. The name Iran comes from the name Arya which is what the Parthians (us) called the land. Arya means the land of the Aryans because the major tribes who formed the nation are actually Aryans who migrated from the UKraine- south Russia regions to central Asia and colonized the area. So they called the land Arya refering to them selves. And Aryan symbols which include religious symbols like the Swastika goes back to around 4500 years in various ruins and historical digs in Iran as well as in India and central Asia.

Its Europeans who stole the symbol and the name, not the other way around.
How can Europeans "steal" something that is European itself in origin?
@Zionist Nationalist
Actually only religious communities in Iran supported Hezbollah during the 80s as both were Shias. The political, economic and military support for Hezbollah began in the 90s, right after relations with Israel started falling apart. And in president Khatami's term as president, he offered that Iran stops the support and to rebuild relations but the US rejected and didn't allow Israel to accept.

And the major support for Hezbollah which allowed it to grow to its size began in the late 90s when the negotiations with Israel failed and thus the Iranian government with help of Iranian tribes began sponsoring several proxies all over the middle east and other regions as in their view, you s became a clear threat along side the Americans.

@Albert
The Swastika is an Aryan religious and philosophical symbol, and its part of proto-zoroastrianism. Which was in Iran and central Asia not in Europe.
So basically its our symbol since its very begining. So its not European in origin, its Aryan in origin and Aryans lived in south east of Europe at the start and then moved to central Asia. Which means to say the Swastika is European is to say the Iranians are Europeans. If thats what you're saying, then sure, technically its true.
But in overall, yes, Germans did steal the symbol and name.

BTW, on a fun side note, tracing back the Swastika actually shows you a clear path of immigration starting from Caucasus, Ukraine and south of Russia, all through central Asia, Zagros mountains, southern Iran to the Indus valley and northern India. Which is why all those people are generally from the same origins.
@anasawad

However I don't think they should secede and become apart of Iran. Iran and the Scythian territories are similar to each other, but they aren't similar enough that I think they should join us. I mean I don't think there would be any problems if they became apart of Iran (at least any internal problems) but I would rather have them have full autonomy and deal with problems that affect them. These territories are way too far apart from central Iran for Iran to administrate them effectively.

So I think they (Ukraine, Southern Russia, and parts of Southeast Russia) should form their own country and maybe call it Scythia or something or whatever they historically called themselves. Iran and Scythia would probably get along fine.
@Oxymandias
I don't think i said that Iran should control those areas. Under that reasoning all of those areas along side Iran, central Asia, Pakistan and northern India should be under one rule. Which is not realistic and wont and shouldn't happen.
What 'm saying is, historically, all of those are one civilization,The Aryan civilization.
And in regard of the Swastika and other such symbols, you can use it to trace the historical expansion and spread of this civilization. And its not European, its a distinct civilization from European western civilization.

Being one civilization and coming from same historical origins doesn't mean we have to be one nation or one state.

And i personally don't think we, in Iran, should even try to control all those areas and regions. Yes we share history but we're still a different nation.
Each nation should rule over itself only.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Nobody here is actually talking about Ukraine and […]

Quiz for 'educated' historians

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stab-in-the-back_myt[…]

Did you get confused by the use of a double negat[…]

That's what bankruptcy is for. What happens now[…]