Uk and usa are the most hated countries in the world. - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
You see this is the problem I have. People wanting to go to India do some back packing to discover nature and themselves, but then they use commercial airlines to get there. People are selfish that way, they're willing to help destroy nature just to get a glimpse at it.
Godstud wrote:=So it's about the wealth you possess. That has NOTHING to do with nationality. Your argument is FAIL, anarchist23.

^
NO

When you go beyond reductionist reasoning you will realize that usually there is more than just one reason why things happen.Cause and effect is a hard nut to crack.
jessupjonesjnr87 wrote:You see this is the problem I have. People wanting to go to India do some back packing to discover nature and themselves, but then they use commercial airlines to get there. People are selfish that way, they're willing to help destroy nature just to get a glimpse at it.

Yes I agree.But this western lifestyle is destroying the world.There are some practical things we can do but when you have children you cannot impose your "lifestyle" on them.No car is a start,vegetarianism etc.
What I have noticed in the pofo is there aren't many practical ideas.
Smertios wrote:Okay, I'm cherrypicking by ignoring all 2 Latin American countries that don't like the US and picking all the others, then.

Again. You're not passing some test when there are more pro's than con's.
When 40% of the population of some country hates an others, than it's exceptionally far from having a "normal" relation.

It's no secret that many Mexicans have an issue with the US, given their history

That goes for Latin America as a whole. I read today that colonel Paulo Malhaes, a murdering torturing maniac from the US supported regime, got killed himself. For the luls say 60% in Brasil still agree that torturing your political opponents to death was good, and 40% hates him and the US who backed him up, than it's not some "normal" relationship where nothing iffy goes on by a long shot. But here you go and pretend it's no biggy.
Last edited by Maas on 26 Apr 2014 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
I have a hunch,and l am not 100% right and I will be quite happy to be corrected.But quite a few people hate USA in
CHILE
Indonesia
Greece
Uruguay
Brazil
Paraguay
Haiti
Turkey
Philippines
Guatemala
El Salvador
Portugal
Spain
Taiwan
Vietnam
South Korea
Pakistan
Cambodia
Malaysia
Saudia Arabia
Bahrain
Qatar
United Arab Emirates
Oman
South Yemen
Iraq
Iran
Jordan
Egypt
Tunisia
Algeria
Morocco
Afghanistan
People hold grudges especially if relatives have been killed by USA backed juntas.Blair with his association with Bush ruined any good reputation that Britain had especially in Muslim countries.Although one million of us in London demonstrated against the war,lt made fuck all difference.
anarchist23 wrote:P.I.The problem is that if you flaunt you wealth you are really asking for trouble.When I was last there an American was murdered in his hotel room and he was robbed of approx $1000.

That is another good point. If you go there it is important not to show your wealth or look like a naive person who can easily be taken advantage of. The trouble is that people who are going to exploit you will see you are a foreigner and just assume you are wealthy because of your European face. So it is important to just be a straight forward person and not raise attention.

anarchist23 wrote:My wife's best friend who was half American was in Thailand was found dead in her hotel room and was robbed and her death was not properly investigated.It frightens off the tourists.
Even the police target Americans,if you have to bribe a policeman the American has to pay ten times as much.

That is terrible. I have heard of similar things happening.

I do not think it will only be Americans who will have to pay a lot. Quite likely it will be British citizens, Australians, Canadians or even New Zealanders. Anywhere Anglosphere and considered first world by default.

Godstud wrote:So it's about the wealth you possess. That has NOTHING to do with nationality. Your argument is FAIL, anarchist23.

Wealth and nationality are often conflated.

jessupjonesjnr87 wrote:You see this is the problem I have. People wanting to go to India do some back packing to discover nature and themselves, but then they use commercial airlines to get there. People are selfish that way, they're willing to help destroy nature just to get a glimpse at it.

The only reason I would have to go to India is not for spiritual enlightenment or to "find myself" but to eat a good curry and see an interesting place.

anarchist23 wrote:People hold grudges especially if relatives have been killed by USA backed juntas.Blair with his association with Bush ruined any good reputation that Britain had especially in Muslim countries.Although one million of us in London demonstrated against the war,lt made fuck all difference.

I would say it was not only about the war but also for other reasons. In India and Pakistan they are very annoyed about the colonial history as well.
P.I.There is much merit in what you say.
On a lighter note.I have been told by several Indians that they are grateful to the British for the introduction of tea and cricket.India is a good place to visit as English is spoken everywhere and it makes a real difference if you can communicate with the locals.
Pakistan is a different kettle of fish.
anarchist23 wrote:P.I.There is much merit in what you say.
On a lighter note.I have been told by several Indians that they are grateful to the British for the introduction of tea and cricket.India is a good place to visit as English is spoken everywhere and it makes a real difference if you can communicate with the locals.
Pakistan is a different kettle of fish.

Thank you Anarchist.

I met many Indians who were not Anglophobic.

In my experience Indians are like anyone, they will be nice to you if they like you and see you are an alright person. They will be willing to forgive and look beyond nationality in such a case.
Of course PI, its a country of over 1 billion people, you will find numerous arseholes as well as nice guys just like anywhere.

India is a good place to visit as English is spoken everywhere

Yes but not by everyone.
I've met South Asian anglophobes (or really just anglo-dislike), but the ones that were anglophiles were the ones that weirded me out.

anarchist23 wrote:Yes I agree.But this western lifestyle is destroying the world.There are some practical things we can do but when you have children you cannot impose your "lifestyle" on them.No car is a start,vegetarianism etc.
What I have noticed in the pofo is there aren't many practical ideas.

You absolutely can impose your lifestyle on your children, as you should! My kids will not be eating (red) meat, will not have the filthy bourgeois luxury of a family car, and will certainly not be jetsetting around the world throwing money out the window.
Anyone who goes to a relatively poor country and flaunts their money, is likely going to have problems. The anecdotal evidence you speak of is supportive of this, and not any hatred of the US.

Incidentally, a friend of mine went to Vietnam for a month or so with an American friend and he had NO problems. The Vietnamese WON the war vs the US, and even their museums (full of abandoned American equipment), support this. They are hardly holding a grudge against the US 40+ years later.
You still smoke pot at 60 years old?

I have a two uncles in their 50s who do that. Both have diagnosed severe mental disorders but don't believe the weed has anything to do with it. One insists that weed can't CAUSE psychosis, only make what's there worse. He says this as if its some kind of revelation. I'm like: "Umm.. so the bottom line is, without the pot you're normal?" He just grimaces and mutters and walks away to get a little higher.

It also tends to make one angry over time. I know that no pothead (with one notable exception on this site) can own up to what pot does to them because they have to convince themselves and everyone else all the time that pot doesn't do anything, BUT it does exacerbate anger issues.

Might explain where you are in life.

As for Red Army, he is the subcomandate of PoFo's man brigade, if you run afoul of him you run afoul of the entire man brigade and I'm not sure you're ready for the... experience that will bring you.

How does it prove genocidal intent again? Also, […]

@Tainari88 There is no guarantee Trump will g[…]

@Potemkin wrote: Popular entertainment panders[…]

You probably think Bill nye is an actual scientis[…]