Extinction of nationalism? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Plaro
So? Are you saying that English and French are one language or what? And if all Europeans are just "one homogeneous piece of culture" why did the Quebecois try to get independent?

Honestly, are you reading fully what I write, you stated that there is nothing "common" between cultures within Europe, and I argued the opposite, but honestly you should stop writing about this topic, because now you are being arrogant and insulting. Read a history book as I told you, there is no point of me discussing this with you, since your knowledge about European history is next to nothing.

So you are fine living within a community of Anglo-Saxons who read the Quran, eat Halal, wear Hejab, never drink alcohol, pray for Allah five times a day facing Mecca, fast in Ramadan and belong to the Muslim Ummah; but you can't stand living with a "colored" person even if he lives exactly the same as you? And you are trying to convince yourself that it is about culture not racism?!!

Why there is no difference of culture and ethnicity? Only race? Can you give me a definitions of racism.

Yes, they genocided them instead.

Why are you still writing on this topic, you come to Europeans settlements, you benefit by their system of eduction, you know next to nothing about their history and culture, and then you dare to blare this non-sense out. You have no shame, and respect for the culture. What you connect in these words is that Europeans should suffer and not complain, because they have done evil deeds, pretty much I can hate you and you can not do anything about it. There is a good saying for you kind of people, Blindness is worse then evil.

Well, they are mixed settlements. If someone doesn't like them, he can try to establish pure settlements for his race (although I doubt the government will accept such things). I, personally, like mixing with other groups!

Well I do not like multicultural settlements and this is not going to work out for long trust me, and why do you not leave this country and make a multicultural society there where you are from. This multiculturalism was made without asking me, I did not vote on it. The society was homogeneous prior to 1990 then some one decided to change that, why I'm still yet to discover, no one asked European populace if they wanted multiculturalism in Canada, did you see people voting that they wished a multicultural society and wonderful diversity? Also do not tell me what to think and were to go if I do not like it, this is my place, I live here and I have the right to think what is best for me.

You have insulted me dearly and should be ashamed of yourself. Again you have no knowledge of this culture or society, yet you dare to use your fingers to type this non-sense, and you feel no shame to exclude me from society and tell me where to go if I do not like it. Well if you do not like what I type go back where you came from.
By Muslim
Plaro wrote:Honestly, are you reading fully what I write, you stated that there is nothing "common" between cultures within Europe, and I argued the opposite, but honestly you should stop writing about this topic, because now you are being arrogant and insulting. Read a history book as I told you, there is no point of me discussing this with you, since your knowledge about European history is next to nothing.

I didn't say there is nothing common. Where did I say that? Yes, there is "something" common. And there is also "something" common between all humans!

Also, you didn't answer my question about the Quebecois.
Plaro wrote:Can you give me a definitions of racism.

To give physical appearance more weight than just being physical appearance!
Plaro wrote:You have no shame, and respect for the culture.

Which culture? The inclusive one practiced by the government and most Canadians or the exclusive one practiced by you? I respect the inclusive one only.
Plaro wrote:What you connect in these words is that Europeans should suffer and not complain, because they have done evil deeds

Which Europeans? The current ones or those who genocided native Americans several centuries before? The current ones didn't do anything to suffer for. For those who committed genocides, I wish they get a nice position in the hell!
Plaro wrote:why do you not leave this country and make a multicultural society there where you are from.

My country already has people from different origins, but not as diverse as Canada since it is already overpopulated and is not currently accepting immigrants. But I won't mind if someday it does.
Plaro wrote:no one asked European populace if they wanted multiculturalism in Canada

Don't you guys have elections or what?
Plaro wrote:You have insulted me dearly

No, I didn't!
By Diligent
I know you have not noticed Muslim but Anglo-Saxons/Irish/Scottish/French in Canada hate silently immigrants, especially outside of European culture group, I had an opportunity to talk to many natives here. Out of political correctness at first they will say "yes multiculturalism is great", but in private they will tell otherwise. I think immigrants like you in Canada, sadly, are bound for a surprise, in fact I think multiculturalism is dead and liberalism with it.

That's bullshit. You speak perhaps for your cloistered group of friends/contacts, but not for every Anglo-Saxons/Irish/Scottish/French in Canada.

And another thing, developed countries will be starving for immigrants in another forty years -- due to increasingly negative trends in birth rates.
By Figlio di Moros
Or, Diligent, we'll be starving for higher birthrates... immigrants are nice, but if they can't assimilate, then you're essentially left with a different nation being built.
By Muslim
FDM wrote:if they can't assimilate, then you're essentially left with a different nation being built.

This is essentially true if immigration has a single source. If immigrants however are coming from diverse backgrounds, you end up with a country that has a diverse spectrum of cultures (well, still a different nation too, assuming the country was originally single-cultured).
By Figlio di Moros
Except, of course, that the immigrants are all muslim and have very similar cultural characteristics; while they may be multi-ethnic, the immigrants would still have a relatively uniform culture, down to language.
By El Gilroy
Which sucks ass, since that will not cause a weakening of nationalist thought but rather an increased inclination to associate with people of similar national background.
Dear me, we have make them migrate equally to all the world!
By Figlio di Moros
El Gilroy wrote:Which sucks ass, since that will not cause a weakening of nationalist thought but rather an increased inclination to associate with people of similar national background.
Dear me, we have make them migrate equally to all the world!

And some people think cucumber taster better pickle...
By El Gilroy
And some people think cucumber taster better pickle...

Nationalism still sucks.
By Plaro
Yes! I have returned after long exile, and now I'm ready to return to discussion.

I didn't say there is nothing common. Where did I say that? Yes, there is "something" common. And there is also "something" common between all humans!

You said
So what is the common between Anglo-Saxons, Irish, Scottish and French? They don't share one language. They don't share one religion. They don't share the same history. What else except race?

Might as well have stated there is nothing common between them. A(Anglo/Saxon) and F(French) = (could have) AF(communality) or A/F (no communality).
but also in your opinion any Nationality contains, l(Language), re(Religion), h(History), ra(Race)
then deriving from you logic for

A to = F

A's = (l + re + h) =(communality) F's = (l + re + h) =

you state "what is the communality?" if you ask for something, therefore you do not have it. Thus

A's = (l + re + h) /=\ F's = (l + re + h) therefore = A/F

Communality is not existent for you, labeled as /=\.

Yes, there is definitely commonalities between humans, but there is more in common between French and English then English and Turk or Arab.
Also, you didn't answer my question about the Quebecois.

Well, yes, the Scandinavians fought each other for centuries, they are still divided and speak different languages; However, they come from the same culture group and ancestry, and consider themselves Scandinavian. Russians, French, English, Spaniards, Italians almost all were divided as the Scandinavian countries are at present, but came to unite later in ages, something with Europeans they are divided but there is common sense of ancient commune.

To give physical appearance more weight than just being physical appearance!

You will find many teenage girls being racist then.

Which culture? The inclusive one practiced by the government and most Canadians or the exclusive one practiced by you? I respect the inclusive one only.

So which culture does the government represent? The Inclusive culture that you speak about? How culture can be inclusive or exclusive?
Which Europeans? The current ones or those who genocided native Americans several centuries before? The current ones didn't do anything to suffer for. For those who committed genocides, I wish they get a nice position in the hell!

if you mean this, then why do you write this?
If all Anglo-Saxons don't want to mix with other people as you are trying to say, then they shouldn't have left Europe to mix with native American at the first place.

If you see there is a differences between this generation and the one that arrived here at first place why do you write this then?
Please answer these question for me do you think the current situation that is currently in Canada can be compared with that of colonial times?

Oh, and by the way I wish hell upon all those Arabs who invaded the former Roman Empire's lands (Middle East, North Africa, Southern Spain) and destroyed Cristian and many Pegan religions, and including many cultures within those lands that they forcibly occupied.

My country already has people from different origins, but not as diverse as Canada since it is already overpopulated and is not currently accepting immigrants. But I won't mind if someday it does.

The doors are open go, maybe then you will realise what I'm speaking about when your society changes to such extend this it loses its identity.
Don't you guys have elections or what?

Honestly if you believe there is a fair system of representation in the west you are a dreamer.

No, I didn't!

You are thinking for me now, wonderful. Yes, you did offend me, otherwise I would have not been writing that you did! If you can not see how then you are an ignorant person.

And another thing, developed countries will be starving for immigrants in another forty years -- due to increasingly negative trends in birth rates.

Why do you just copy-paste what news show you? There is a theory by Malthus that states if there is low population grow then there will be an increase of wages, due to high demand. Therefore people will be able to have greater amount of kids because they earn more. Thus population will return to growth again, for him it was a natural cycle, that eventually will lead to growth and then eventual slow down, the growth again. Immigration prohibits the increase of wages, thus there is still no population growth, and natural cycle is not allowed to take place.

Honestly I'm getting fed up how many people still believe that immigration is need for the West, because other wise there will be no economic growth, think what you are saying "Economic Growth", what the heck does that mean!? Why should the economy grow, do you know this concept of perpetual growth was only realized in Industrial Revolution? Why should we grow, why can we just stay were we are, or even decrease? What the world is going to end? People you are honestly need to think, instead if just blindly listening to news, which is nothing but a market liberal brain washing.
By Metal Gear
The economy and imperialistic wars of America have put the nail in the coffin for globalism.

Prepare for populist resistance.
By El Gilroy
Fuque no. Death to Nationalists and Internationalists, long live global civilisation! (Once it has started to live, of course.)
By El Gilroy
Yes, keep thanking your god...I'll thank Goethe he said something along the lines of "Sanity has always been with few".
By Inexorable
Yes, keep thanking your god...I'll thank Goethe he said something along the lines of "Sanity has always been with few".
\

How clever, I'm sure the crazy cat lady down the street who thinks President Obama is a venusian space invader uses that same line.
By El Gilroy
Compare me to the crazies if you please, but TIME SHALL PROVE ME RIGHT...right, mr. Scruffy?
Awww...cute little kitties :)
By Aekos
Yes, keep thanking your god

What god? You don't know my beliefs

"Sanity has always been with few".

Just because you were raised in a society with no culture and you feel compelled to destroy other cultures in order to compensate for your being deprived of this important part of human nature doesn't mean that anyone who disagrees with you is insane
By El Gilroy
What god? You don't know my beliefs

Nooo, I've been found out! My bluff has collapsed! You triumph over me!

Just because you were raised in a society with no culture and you feel compelled to destroy other cultures in order to compensate for your being deprived of this important part of human nature doesn't mean that anyone who disagrees with you is insane

Nationalism = Culture? Now it's you who's making assumptions.
By Plaro
Nationalism = Culture

He is not making assumptions, for god sakes what do you think nationalism is all about?
By El Gilroy
Culture =/= Nation.
Culture is something an individual or a small group might have, and sometimes share with others. A nation is a mostly arbitrary collection of many more people united under a semi-racist cause of deeming themselves better than others.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]