What is your middle nationality? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Based on Wikipedia a Nationality is membership of a nation or sovereign state, usually determined by their citizenship, but sometimes by ethnicity or place of residence, or based on their sense of national identity.

Although most here are American we come from many nationalities from all over the world. Trying to coin a new term which is hardly ever mentioned is your 'middle' nationality which is your primary culture, because now and today we are of mixed cultures.

So, yes. I may be American but my roots and general combined culture as a Prussian is my middle nationality.

What's your middle nationality and what do you think of this idea?
Baff, your avatar is in color. This is highly inappropriate.

Saxon-German. I've always identified a bit with the Prussian culture as well, but my mother came from Dresden and most of our family came from or inhabit towns in lower Sachsen.
Hiberno-Teuton from a Secular-Catholic background, in PDX Western Oregon, part of Cascadia, currently in the Western United States on the North American continent that's part of Western Culture, which a pseudonym for the European world, which is on the northwestern quadrant of Earth, in the third rotation of the Sol system, inner Orion Arm, in the Local Fluff, inside the Local Bubble, in the Gould Belt of the Milky Way Galaxy, part of the Local Group, in the Virgo Supercluster.
I think giving up my UK passport would needs be a pre-requisite.
I thought about just lying and hanging onto it... a lot of people do.

But stuff it. If you are going to go, go 100%.
LMAO I might change my name to something a bit more Japanesey too. My family name at least.
That would certainly make any children's time in school easier I expect.
If I move to Japan, I will become Japanese.
I'm fairly certain that Japan does not allow immigration.

Beyond that, truly penetrating Japanese culture as an outsider sounds like an impossible task to me.
I identify myself not in terms of nationality but in terms of RACE, and I'll tell you why. My background is a mix of 5 or 6 different European countries, so what sense would it make for me to label myself 6 different things? I'm German, Swedish, Polish, Russian, and Austria-Hungarian. Thus, I'm just about as white as you can get. I'm proud to be of such pure, white heritage.

If some people choose to identify themselves by country of origin than that's fine, but why shouldn't I be allowed to be proud of my heritage, which is clearly a white heritage? I'm not of one particular white country, so it's much more accurate to just call me white, and for me to have white pride.
That doesn't mean anything. First, America includes the entire landmass of both North AND South America. Second, assuming you meant to say USA (United States of America), the USA is much too large and diverse a nation for anyone to be able to label themselves as that identity. There is no such thing as American culture. Not anymore at least.
How exactly can you take pride in your white heritage (a heritage composed of people who historically have hated/killed each other) while denying that there exists a coherent American identity?

Oh, wait, I'm talking to Steel. I forget these things.
TruePolitics wrote:That doesn't mean anything. First, America includes the entire landmass of both North AND South America. Second, assuming you meant to say USA (United States of America), the USA is much too large and diverse a nation for anyone to be able to label themselves as that identity. There is no such thing as American culture. Not anymore at least.

And yet all non Americans are quite able to label Americans as that identity and do.
So it's certainly not impossible to do this even if it is not your preference.
Why don't the minorities in USA identify themselves as Americans? Why do you think minorities refer to themselves as African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans, Jews, or Muslims? When was the last time you heard a Muslim living in America claim to be proud of being an American?
Why do I think?

Because Americans are pretentious. (Plus a muslim is about as welcome in America as a Communist used to be).

People do do that here too you know, but they get laughed at such a lot that most learn not to.
TruePolitics wrote:Why don't the minorities in USA identify themselves as Americans? Why do you think minorities refer to themselves as African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans, Jews, or Muslims? When was the last time you heard a Muslim living in America claim to be proud of being an American?

So your a European American.
If I move to Japan, I will become Japanese.

No more than my goldfish will become a dog after feeding it kibble.
My nationality is Canadian. My heredity is German/Irish/Serbian/Belarus(I can still get Irish Citizenship, actually.).

You have to be in a hierarchical structure right?[…]

Thread stinks of Nazi Bandera desperation, trying[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is an interesting concept that China, Russia[…]

We have totally dominant hate filled ideology. T[…]