Does japan have enough power declare war on china,i doubt it - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Its not too many people historically. Anyway, Japan will never declare war on China - their military is geared towards defense with little offensive capability. Plus the two nations are important trading partners - it can even be argued that they depend upon each other. Statistics show that China's share of foreign trade with Japan is about 20%. A war wouldn't do anybody any favours. Just look at the bad economic effects of the protests in China last month.
Franker65 wrote:Its not too many people historically. Anyway, Japan will never declare war on China - their military is geared towards defense with little offensive capability. Plus the two nations are important trading partners - it can even be argued that they depend upon each other. Statistics show that China's share of foreign trade with Japan is about 20%. A war wouldn't do anybody any favours. Just look at the bad economic effects of the protests in China last month.

It's not bad to china economic but good, china people still buy products.
Chinese Navy warships pass waters near Okinawa island

Japan asked China to refrain from further straining relations on Oct. 16 after seven Chinese warships were spotted about 200 kilometers from the Senkaku Islands, the source of recent tensions between the neighbors.

Shinsuke Sugiyama, the director-general of the Foreign Ministry's Asian and Oceanian Affairs Bureau, asked the Chinese Embassy in Tokyo to "take appropriate measures while considering the larger picture of the Japan-China relationship."

The Chinese ships, including frigates, a guided missile destroyer, a refueler and two submarine rescue vessels, were sighted about 49 km from the island of Yonaguni in Okinawa Prefecture, according to Japan's Defense Ministry.

Japan considers the area part of its contiguous waters, and Defense Minister Satoshi Morimoto said Japan is monitoring the Chinese ships' movements.

The ships were believed to be returning to China after training in the Pacific.

http://ajw.asahi.com/article/asia/china/AJ201210160060
I think what might happen is if china declares war on japan the united states will come to defend japan how ever if japan declares war on china, japan because the aggressor and there for i don't think the united state would come to the aid of japan even tho they might send some sort of aid but they wouldn't support (militarily) japan if it was the aggressor.

Therefor japan wont be doing the declaring.

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]