Bush, Trouble with the truth? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Boondock Saint
Oh wait ... was it my second post in response to your second post?

The one where you said

Do you seriuosly think, (not including the quotes) that a country so poor like Iraq is a threat against super-power states like your dear US of UK?
Ppppleeeze!

And then I replied with examples of a poor nation or rag tag bunch of 'freedom fighters/terrorists' as being threats to superpowers?

Is that really mocking you? Or is it because I gave real world examples that would contradict your statement?

Just because you think you can box doesnt mean you should just step into the ring with Ali.
By Proctor
To avoid any confusion, Boondock is not Mohammed Ali. :D
By Boondock Saint
Proctor wrote:To avoid any confusion, Boondock is not Mohammed Ali. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

WHY YOU GOTTA SHOOT ME DOWN LIKE THAT???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Heh, man I was angry last night ... would u look at those posts ...
By Paco
Eh? That's not what I said. I said that the veto should be removed. And seeing as the veto is only for the Security Council, not the General Assembly where such a change would be decided on, it is entirely possible.

As for G5 (I thought it was G8?) nations just voting for nations that would represent their interests, I don't have a problem with that. Isn't that how democracy is supposed to work anyway?[/quote]

Opp excuse me.. I think I misread.. blame my english teacher!
Youve got a point about the G5 (as they are the only permanent members in the SC) but anyway, the members are chosen that way right now, so there would be no change.
I agree with the point that veto shouldnt exist, its just an authoritary means to get to an authoritary end
By Efrem Da King
:eh:

How can anyone think that iraq is worse of after the war?

It is free. It needs work but it free. Young women are not being raped and totoured by saddams son anymore. The 3000 mass graves are not being filled or dug. The very concept that by bush saying that the intelligece that iraq was getting uranium from africa, which was neither important or central to the case for war, was faulty means that he admited that iraq had NO wmd and that he went to war for oil, is ablolutly ludicrous.
By Comrade Osnowski
Efrem Da King wrote:It is free. It needs work but it free. Young women are not being raped and totoured by saddams son anymore.

The only freedom the Iraqi people will be granted is one that benefits the US, whilst the resources of Iraq will soon be raped and pillaged by foreign corporations, eager to capitalise on the new market given to them on a silver platter by the war.

I believe that Iraqi's are better off from US and UK intervention, but with all the blood spilt, we should let Iraq be free, rather than turning it into yet another neo-colonial state of America.
By Comrade Osnowski
ooo, thats a doozy :hmm:

let me think, a less powerful country where big US corporations dominate the economy and abuse the cheap labour in order to make a huge profit...now wherever shall i find one of those :roll:

gota love sarcasm ;)

most countries in Latin America, Phillipines? just off the top pf my head. But then of course u could argue that Britain is a neo-colony, as the US is very dominative in the economy, on our foreign policy and on our culture.
By Efrem Da King
Well if your saying that american culture makes them a colony? Well its better than the current culture in iraq if you ask me. But I don't think it'll be like latin america. Too much oil. And not the jungle to hide in.
By TROI
Well if your saying that american culture makes them a colony? Well its better than the current culture in iraq if you ask me.

Define "The current culture in Iraq" please.

Matt
By Efrem Da King
IE Under saddam. Where failure was punished by death. Anti semitism is incouraged. WOmen mistreated.
By Siberian Fox
Where failure was punished by death.

Do you have any examples? Really Efrem you are going to have to start trying to stretch to writing a little more than one line. Unless you really are a complete air head? :eh:

Anti semitism is incouraged.

How is this any different from any other country in the Arab world?

WOmen mistreated.

Do you have any examples of women being specifically treated worse than men? Iraq under Saddam Hussein was a secular state, meaning that women were probably better off than in most other Arab countries since islamic law wasn't enforced.
By Efrem Da King
Being better than some countrys or the same doesn't matter. Besides I am talking about problems with the culture which you would know if you botherd to read earlier posts.

"Where failure was punished by death.

Do you have any examples? "

YEs the iraqi boxer who was killed for losing. The soccer team was beaten and the picked of for losing. People were wipped with electrical wires.
By TROI
Besides I am talking about problems with the culture which you would know if you botherd to read earlier posts.

Arab culture isn't to beat and toture people doofus that is just what the regime did. It doesnt make it a culture. Arab culture is a rich and interesting thing that dates back centuries. To sum up: Saddam huissein had nothing to do with the nation's culture.

Matt
By Efrem Da King
:eh:

I said iraqi culture not arab.

But you do have a point. And I really can't be bothered arguing right now so I'll just give up.
By Gral. Stamelin
Boondock:

Well, yes, in fact there are A LOT of assasins.

And by the way, I'm not interested in continuing any absurd personal discussion with you, if you don't want to respect and be civilized, it's your problem, do whatever you think is the right thing for you.
And in further replies, just let's stop making discussions between us personal, and please do not pretend that you didn't make it personal, you have to admit you did.
It is obviuos that our ideologies, (me, defending my country, and mostly from the raids and crimes of the government that you blindly support), are tremendously different, but I invite you not to let this fact affect everyone's discussion center.
I would be glad of you join only this opinion, but if you don't good luck,man.

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled[…]

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octob[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

So you do, or do not applaud Oct 7th? If you say […]

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Havin[…]