Inside China: Taiwan invasion exercise - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
benpenguin wrote:China vs Taiwan is "highly unlikely". There isn't much motivation to fuck with Taiwan outside symbolic moves.
China vs Japan I would rate as "unlikely". We hate each other a lot but I don't think either side is insane enough to go to war. Yet.

To be honest i would be quite happy about it. All that show would have an end. We could finaly settle it out. i´m very optimistic about our chances. Our homeland is secure against chinese weapons. We can shot down any rocket at any stage fired at us. Our navy is superior and so is our airforce. Our technology is 30 years ahead.

One should be aware what we can and what not. we can bomb China back into stone age. We can´t occupy it.

At least i would be able to do things you could ask me then to apology for benpinguin. When you do that now its just so distant and unrelated.
I believe a30-40 year step ahead from old chinese tech trash is more than enough to beat a nation which is in large parts still a 3rd world country. You are from australia so i understand your misbelieve. only one your country ever beat was the aboriginals. wasn't your biggest war ship sunk from a small german raider not even 25% of the size of your war ship?
As someone said, Taiwan doesn't really have a strategic importance to China. Its more about reunification, therefore I don't think China is willing to do anything crazy about it
As someone said, Taiwan doesn't really have a strategic importance to China
Taiwan to China is even more important than Cuba is to the US. Taiwan is like a large and unsinkable aircraft carrier and a naval base right on the coast and in between the South and East China Sea. As long as the ROC government is free to conduct an independent foreign policy, there is a credible possibility of foreign nations (like US today or perhaps Japan in the future), of using the basing rights in Taiwan to their advantage. This would be a great danger to the security of the Chinese coastal cities and shipping lanes as well. The US nearly started WW3 over Cuba when the Soviets placed their missiles and bombers there, but China has it even worse.

That is the strategic threat that China would like eliminated if possible. In addition to that, there's an ideological threat which is nearly as important. The Taiwanese example is already a problem as it presents an alternative to the CCP model of a centralized and authoritarian rule. It would become even more of a problem if Taiwan became legally independent and China did nothing. That would create a precedent which other regions of PRC, especially ethnic minority regions of course, would be tempted to follow. It would also destroy the prestige and reputation of CCP as a force capable of protecting China's national interests and ensuring the basic unity of the nation itself, leading to the CCP's quick and inevitable overthrow.

Are you hoping I want aids? No, I want you to b[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Then why are people like you so worried about The[…]

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable justi[…]

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]