John MCCain - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By skeptic-1
And Military Involvement:

MCCain calls for the same leadership moves that brought us up sharp in Korea, retreat in Vietnam, and endless insane War in the Middle East for fabricated reasons.Is he now calling for a Finale of the Grand Calls ?
By Varax
McCain has never met a potential war he didn't want in on. He's easily one of the biggest neo-con warmongers the US has (and that's saying something).

*Map is from last year so we can add a few to it.*

Can you imagine how many countries the US would be bombing if this guy had won the presidency? Of course, it's easier to use such rhetoric when you don't have the actual executive authority to act on it.
By Solastalgia
By Solastalgia
Bulaba Jones wrote:McCain is a crazed neo-con so quick to call for military action around the world that it's apparent he learned nothing of the lessons of war firsthand in Vietnam. That's all there is to him.

I always found it odd that a man who was tortured as a POW is now allowed such public influence over foreign policy. I mean talk about revenge, his judgement is so screwed he probably thinks that the US was hurt more than Vietnam in that dastardly war.
By Bulaba Khan Jones
Solastalgia wrote:I always found it odd that a man who was tortured as a POW is now allowed such public influence over foreign policy. I mean talk about revenge, his judgement is so screwed he probably thinks that the US was hurt more than Vietnam in that dastardly war.

That's an interesting way of looking at it. I definitely feel sorry for him in the sense that he suffered once long ago, but it seems apparent that his experience in Vietnam really screwed with his mind and now he is completely blind to the fact that he has a clear desire to inflict suffering across the world.
By Solastalgia
Bulaba Jones wrote:That's an interesting way of looking at it. I definitely feel sorry for him in the sense that he suffered once long ago, but it seems apparent that his experience in Vietnam really screwed with his mind and now he is completely blind to the fact that he has a clear desire to inflict suffering across the world.

I've always attributed McCain's war hawkishness to his own experience in war. I think he's just got a massive chip on his shoulder...

I don't really think there is a fundamental diffe[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is because the definition of "anti-semi[…]

I want the Colleseum and Circus Maximus back to e[…]

her grandfather wanted to destroy USA SO why did[…]