Uk and usa are the most hated countries in the world. - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
American and the U.K. foreign policy has alienated the populations of many countries. Here is an incomplete list of present right dictatorships that the US supports.

Meaningless. The UN “supports” all these dictatorships as they are “internationally recognized.” I don’t even understand what you would want the US to do. Sanction them all?, stand on a podium and say they are very naughty boys?

Yeah but that's like comparing a neighbourhood gang to a well established criminal organisation. Both are willing to use violence and deceit but one is struggling to keep all its people fed and warm while the other is attempting complete control of the planet and is mostly succeeding. That's why at this moment in time we need regimes like Iran Russia and China, for as despicable as they may be they are all that stands between us and a complete takeover.

I disagree. Its like comparing a well established criminal gang to a slightly less well organized one. China and russia have no problem feeding their people. The east coast of china is just as rich as the west. It just has a much bigger underclass and a more dog-eat dog version of capitalism (ironically).

The weapons used to commit most war crimes were likely Russian and Chinese made you know. You just hold the US to a higher standard because deep down you see them as more of your in group. Same goes with Israel.
layman wrote:Meaningless. The UN “supports” all these dictatorships as they are “internationally recognized.” I don’t even understand what you would want the US to do. Sanction them all?, stand on a podium and say they are very naughty boys?

The US did not (or does not) merely recognise them. The US has provided direct support in terms of money, weapons, military training, and information. So it would be surprising to find that the US is not one of the most hated countries on the planet. Surveys do not support this though. I do not think the US is hated all that much.
The US did not (or does not) merely recognise them. The US has provided direct support in terms of money, weapons, military training, and information.

True and it provides this support to nations out of self interest. It should be noted though that the US does have restrictions on itself here while nations like china, russia and others do not. The US actually has to pay attention to human rights groups and liberal opinion within the nation. Especially post cold war. Russia and chinese populations appear not to give a shit about such matters and are far more brutally self interested. Possibly becuase they have to be due to power inbalance. Another factor on why US actions are more influential and visible.

So it would be surprising to find that the US is not one of the most hated countries on the planet. Surveys do not support this though. I do not think the US is hated all that much.

Well, these surveys often mix up the people with the state with the government. What is very noticable though is how nations in Asia are so willing to trust the US over china? What about the eastern bloc nations after the fall of the USSR? They seemed very eager to trust the US and join NATO despite the fact that russia was seemingly no longer the enemy.

Fact is for most places the US plays with a pretty straight hand. At least in relative terms. The big exceptions are the middle east and South America who have a very sticky history, mostly related to the cold war and resource conflict.
layman wrote:True and it provides this support to nations out of self interest. It should be noted though that the US does have restrictions on itself here while nations like china, russia and others do not. The US actually has to pay attention to human rights groups and liberal opinion within the nation. Especially post cold war. Russia and chinese populations appear not to give a shit about such matters and are far more brutally self interested. Possibly becuase they have to be due to power inbalance. Another factor on why US actions are more influential and visible.

My focus is on Latin America, and I have to disagree that the US were limited in any way by human rights or the opinion of US citizens. The US directly supported oppressive gov'ts that did things like torture children.

I do agree that they did it out of self-interest.

Well, these surveys often mix up the people with the state with the government. What is very noticable though is how nations in Asia are so willing to trust the US over china? What about the eastern bloc nations after the fall of the USSR? They seemed very eager to trust the US and join NATO despite the fact that russia was seemingly no longer the enemy.

Fact is for most places the US plays with a pretty straight hand. At least in relative terms. The big exceptions are the middle east and South America who have a very sticky history, mostly related to the cold war and resource conflict.

I can understand why countries that have had bad experiences with other countries may trust the US more.
I can understand why countries that have had bad experiences with other countries may trust the US more.

And there you have it. The OP is trying to make a universal point.

The truth is (big suprise) that it depends on geography, history and context.

Latin America has particular reason to distrust the US because its close proximity meant the US was especially agressive in securing its "sphere of influence" during the cold war. T

In a similar way I think eastern europe for russian and parts of asian for china are similar. They are seen as sphereres of influence and are therefore bullied and controlled, partly out of fear, partly out of paranoia.
@anarchist23 You are a traitor to your own nation. You should be send to Saudi Arabia to live as a refugee.

You truly show to me that army deserters are cowards without any sense of duty. Who in the end will spit on their nation for the rest of their lives. No respect, no honour but just pure shame!
Albert wrote:@anarchist23 You are a traitor to your own nation. You should be send to Saudi Arabia to live as a refugee.

You truly show to me that army deserters are cowards without any sense of duty.

I am a proud to be a draft dodger from Australia, a country that supported the US, a country that bombs innocent civilians. In regards Saudi Arabia, it is supported by the US and the U.K who sell them the weapons, train their military. lol
Excuses excuses, you deserted cause you a coward and yellow. Not because you believed in that non sense.

Why don't you go live in Belbaak. You can smoke all the hashish you want there. Together with innocent Muslims. They are your real brethren after all.
Albert wrote:Excuses excuses, you deserted cause you a coward and yellow. Not because you believed in that non sense.

Why don't you go live in Belbaak. You can smoke all the hashish you want there. Together with innocent Muslims. They are your real brethren after all.

Your personal attacks are your hallmark. You don't know me and you seem presumptuous.
If your personal attacks continue, I will have no problem in ignoring you. lol
anarchist23 wrote:The US and the U.K (international terrorists) have brutalised the populations of untold countries for too long.

It's not just the bombing, anar.

It's also the economic bullying, bribing and funding of horrible international leaders, spying and sabotaging of national infrastructures and cultures, and child-starving genocides.

The bombing is just the "glamorous" side of why we're hated abroad (and for good reason. we're hateful)
The arrogance of many Americans is world renowned. This quote of George Bush jnr is typical of their head in the sand mentality. lol

I'm amazed that there is such misunderstanding of what our country is about that people would hate us... I just can't believe it, because I know how good we are.
anarchist23 wrote:The arrogance of many Americans is world renowned. This quote of George Bush jnr is typical of their head in the sand mentality. lol

Narcissism leads people to believe that "they" and "their things" (family, clique, nation, etc) are undisputably superior in every way (including moral) to things that aren't "theirs."

Everything is an extension of the sacred "me" and there is no place in the brain for self-criticism because that might cause a reduction in the size and power of "me."

Selfishness is all the West is made of. And our genocidal Abrahamic religions made us this (sick) way.

ethnicity is cultura No, I'm afraid it's not. C[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]