Uk and usa are the most hated countries in the world. - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I don't know who you're counting as your exception, but I freely admit that pot can cause problems in people's lives. The potheads who will tell you that pot doesn't hurt your lungs, or that there are no side effects are usually idiots. On the other hand, marijuana use is much less problematic from a social and health perspective than any other drug. Its at the caffeine level of danger.

As for mental problems, I don't know the science on it, but in my observation its a mixed bag. I know several old pot smokers who are good parents, hard working, intelligent people.

I haven't smoked pot for 6 months because I live in Russia and don't care to risk the legal consequences, and I miss it sometimes, but it is definitely the easiest drug to "kick" (if you can even say that about pot).
Demosthenes.Thanks for your interesting post.I have smoked grass for 25 years now and pot for 20 years before that on a daily basis.Except during incarceration for cultivation and possession.I have pretty well stopped now as I have a young wife and 3 young children.
The problem with pot/grass is that I find people in the main drink as well as smoke.Grass and pot are addictive to degree and you can get irritable/aggressive if you have anger management problems when you run out.I know and have known hundreds and hundreds of smokers and have not noticed aggressive behaviour but when mixed with alcohol that is a different story altogether.I have not drunk for 40 years.I am a very passionate guy especially in regards to politics, it runs in my family.My grandfather was a conscientious objector in WWl and spent two years in prison.My father was a militant trade unionist.I am a draft dodger from the Vietnam war.Because I am passionate about politics that is sometimes confused with anger.
As you say grass is different to pot in many ways.Possibly a interesting discussion on the druggy thread.
Red_Army wrote:On the other hand, marijuana use is much less problematic from a social and health perspective than any other drug. Its at the caffeine level of danger.

Long term heavy use has much more risk than caffeine. Lung damage is a big thing, but the mental issues count as well.

anarchist23 wrote:The problem with pot/grass is that I find people in the main drink as well as smoke.

I'm not talking about alcohol. Alcohol is far more dangerous than pot, but that doesn't make pot safe.

anarchist23 wrote:Grass and pot are addictive to degree and you can get irritable/aggressive if you have anger management problems when you run out.

Its more than that.

anarchist23 wrote:I know and have known hundreds and hundreds of smokers

Me too.

anarchist23 wrote:Because I am passionate about politics that is sometimes confused with anger.

You can be passionate, even downright revolutionary without coming across as "that angry guy".
demosthenes after reading POFO for some months now unfortunately i have observservd that anerchist23 has been trolled for simply expressing his opinion. does this forum endorse personal hate campaigns on its members and vendettas .everyone is entitled to express themselves without being accused of being aggressive anerchist 23 is merely passionate and feels strongly about global issues. having read his posts i realize he only has a caring attitude and your misinterpreting his views, he is a pacifist and it is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles you realize there is always a way of solving problems without using violence. america does not seem to understand this! they are the aggressor the usa has been at war for 209 years of there existence ! i think you will find they are the real agresive ones here
oddball1973 wrote:demosthenes after reading POFO for some months now unfortunately i have observservd that anerchist23 has been trolled for simply expressing his opinion. does this forum endorse personal hate campaigns on its members and vendettas .everyone is entitled to express themselves without being accused of being aggressive anerchist 23 is merely passionate and feels strongly about global issues. having read his posts i realize he only has a caring attitude and your misinterpreting his views, he is a pacifist and it is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles you realize there is always a way of solving problems without using violence. america does not seem to understand this! they are the aggressor the usa has been at war for 209 years of there existence ! i think you will find they are the real agresive ones here

Thanks for your support and I really appreciate it.I have been badly trolled and if you read my posts I am polite.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Why did you get rid of your mugshot? You were very proud of it.

Now my face is my avatar as I have nothing to hide.Have you?LHO did what he had to do,and he stuck to his principles and he paid the ultimate price.LHO was a brave and courageous and saw through the bullshit unlike a significant minority on PoFo.

You are trolling me again but I do not mind.
I wasn't trolling. When I posted, for some reason, your avatar was showing the default silhouette. This could have been a fault of the database or maybe my browser didn't load the page correctly. But whatever the reason it led me to believe you removed it on your own.

Though to be honest I do find it odd that you take so much pride in your arrest. I have been busted myself for minor possession, and had it expunged, but it's not something I brag about outside of having an excuse to tell a story.
SpecialOlympian wrote:
Though to be honest I do find it odd that you take so much pride in your arrest. I have been busted myself for minor possession, and had it expunged, but it's not something I'm proud of.

^
Are you talking about drug convictions?The photo in the Sig is me being busted picketing at the 1984 miners strike.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Yes, cannabis.

I did not know it was a labor strike. I assumed it had do with your agricultural work.

I have been busted several times for demonstrating,and manhandled by the police.
Last edited by anarchist23 on 28 Apr 2014 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
jessupjonesjnr87 wrote:Even the cops want to troll you!

^
Possibly.

I have lived in my house over fourty years..In a very isolated cottage.Have had some good raves here.

Keep to the thread.
A quote from Bush jnr."The haves and have mores.Some people call you the elite-I call you my base."

Red_Army wrote:Yes Oddball, you've figured it out, Demosthenes is highly biased against anarchists.

^
Possibly?

There was some serious trolling in my first thread.It went on for twelve pages.
Double posting refers to any back-to-back posts made by one user. You should learn how to consolidate your replies by using more than than one quote within in singular post. This can be done easily by clicking the quote button from the topic review while on the post a reply page or by manually copy and pasting then inserting [quote] tags around it. This way you avoid making back to back posts. Notice how others respond to posts if you need examples on how it's supposed to look.

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Godstud did you ever have to go through any of t[…]

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]