Uk and usa are the most hated countries in the world. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
unbalanced zealot wrote:People mainly just hate the red states in the US.

I have found on my travels that USA is hated a lot and UK is hated as it is seen as USAs poodle.A lot of American travellers pretend to be Canadian and the English pretend to be Irish/Scottish.I make out I am Australian as I lived there for 20 years.Saying your American abroad is asking for trouble.I know why and so do you.
Istanbuller wrote:I like both the US and the UK. These countries are bastions of liberalism. Actually i have a sympathy toward their political systems rather than countries themselves.

This is a quote I use that sums up USAs political system.
In 1941 Edward Dowling wrote:"The two great obstacles to democracy in the US are, first,the widespread delusion among the poor that we have democracy,and second,the chronic terror amongst the rich,lest we get it."
anarchist23 wrote:I have found on my travels that USA is hated a lot and UK is hated as it is seen as USAs poodle.

Well, if you have been traveling to Iran, Russia, Vietnam, Cuba, etc, that would explain it. But in mos of the world, that is simply not the case...
Smertios wrote:Well, if you have been traveling to Iran, Russia, Vietnam, Cuba, etc, that would explain it. But in mos of the world, that is simply not the case...

What you on about? In most of the world it is the case. GWB did an amazing amount of damage for the general public opinion about the US. In them days, the UK did follow that retard. And you should know a lot of Latin Americans still remember the days the US made their lifes hell by flat out supporting right wing ruthless dictatorships.

Heck they took me to the police office in Venezuela ones, to pull a "joke" on what they thought was an American. And that was pre-Chavez.
Smertios wrote:
Well, if you have been traveling to Iran, Russia, Vietnam, Cuba, etc, that would explain it. But in mos of the world, that is simply not the case...

USA (and UK guilty by association) is not liked in many countries such as India,Morroco,Spain,Italy in my personal experience especially on the street.Many travellers have their cautionary tales.
People hate the countries and their actions moreso than the individuals from these countries. Not every citizen supports the actions of their governments.

Heck, the most critical assessment of their own country, that I have ever seen, came from a Chinese engineer who just hated what China was doing. I've encountered quite the opposite, of course, but the "my country, right or wrong"attitude, seems to be dying.

I know some great UK guys and Americans.
Americans/British are not hated in a great many countries. There are a few countries where they are hated, but this doesn't mean that everyone hates Americans. nice exaggeration, Anarchist.
Godstud.We aren't talking about Thailand,it has been used by USA military personal for R&R for generations.It is all geared up to milk the Americans.Unfortunately it has a bad reputation amongst many travellers,a bit commercial and that is being polite.

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]

The more time passes, the more instances of harass[…]

And I don't blame Noam Chomsky for being a falli[…]