Blair to urge fight against Islamism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The editors of The Guardian seem to feel confident enough to be able to predict what Tony Blair will say in his speech to Bloomberg in London on Wednesday.

Having led the country into a disastrous war in Iraq and having defended the ouster of the democratically elected government by military coup in Egypt, the man appears unrepentant. His primary agenda still seems to be the battle against militant Islam.

Blair will warn: "The threat of this radical Islam is not abating. It is growing. It is spreading across the world. It is destabilising communities and even nations. It is undermining the possibility of peaceful co-existence in an era of globalisation. And in the face of this threat we seem curiously reluctant to acknowledge it and powerless to counter it effectively".

As a staunch defender of globalization, or Western hegemony to be more precise, is he calling for a new crusade to spread the true faith of the free market?

Across the Middle East, he will say, there is one essential struggle between pluralistic societies and open economies, where the attitudes and patterns of globalisation are embraced; and those who want to impose an ideology born out of a belief that there is one proper religion and one proper view of it, and that this view should exclusively determine the nature of society and the political economy.

Are we to witness the final struggle of ideologies, the globalists against the dogmatic, the true Christian faith against the disbelievers? It is all very confusing. Blair is such a strong believer in his own faith, that it is hard to know who is the greater dogmatist and ideologue.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]