How Turkey is pitted by the West against Russia - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
16 October 2014 - 12:44pm
The Memorial Complex built in Sevastopol to honour Turkish soldiers and officers killed in the Crimean War was vandalized last week. Stars and crescents were knocked off it. Many consider this to be a provocation to cause a conflict between Moscow and Ankara. In any case, it is obvious that the act of vandalism drew the attention of Turkey to the situation on the peninsula annexed by Russia this year. Analysts claim that it is just a tactical move in a big game where the Turkish card is at stake.

Experts say that political opponents want to destabilize the situation in Russia and focus on the formation of a joint front of militarize anti-Russian movements. Crimean Tatars and Ukrainian Muslims are encouraged to rise to p against Russia. According to the Center for International Journalism and Research, the Hizb ut-Tahrir al-Islami (Liberation Party) terrorist organization “controls” 20% of Crimean Tatars. About 500 militants of the organization have already fought in Syria. Since 2008, there have been reports appearing about Tablighi Jamaat and Takfir wal-Hijra’s mobilizing Crimean Tatars on the peninsula to fight against regimes “oppressing Muslims.”
The annexation of Crimea acted as a detonator for those who want to pit Turkey against Russia by promoting separatism of Crimean Tatars. There are rumours about Russian law enforcers planning to repress Crimean Tatars. Local analysts say that the sources of the rumours are trying to provoke refugees to flee from Crimea to Turkey to accuse Moscow of forcing Crimeans to leave the peninsula using the European Court of Human Rights. The Heritage Foundation and the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) were offering help with that.
Local observers say that there are indeed panicky feelings rising and some people are already trying to flee from Crimea to Turkey. Such facts will be documented for foreign journalists and human rights activists to wage the anti-Russian information campaign in foreign mass media by accusing Russia of aggression and disrespect of human rights of the native population.
The forecasts have partly been confirmed at a conference organized by the Society of Culture and Mutual Aid of Crimean Tatars in Turkey’s Eskisehir. Attendees of the conference discussed the need for attention to problems Crimean Tatars at the Turkish-Russian Higher-Level Cooperation Council held in late 2014, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, the OSCE, the Council of Europe, the EU and the UN. According to talks at the conference the Crimean-Tatar majlis will decide on universal protection of Crimean Tatars on December 10, Human Rights Day.
It is clear that this is only an element in inciting tensions between Turkey and Russia. There were attempts to get Ankara into the process of recognizing the genocide of the Circassians, the detention of a Russian plane flying to Syria 2.5 years ago, leakage of information about the readiness of Turkey to fight Russia in the war of August 2008. There were rumours that Turkey would have sent armed forces to stop Russian troops if they tried to advance to far into the Georgian territory, especially the Muslim-populated Adjara.
The public is being convinced that Turkey is becoming the main antagonist of Russia. Facts say that it will hardly succeed. Presidents Putin and Erdogan call each other regularly and have recently been discussing efforts to fight ISIS. The number of Russian tourists in Turkey grows, Turkish business continues working in Russia. According to Gazeta.ru, Turkey’s Adali Holding investment company would invest in Crimea if it was supported by the Association of Crimean Tatars of Turkey. The company plans to take part in state tenders, invest its own funds. The holding is interested in infrastructure, energy, development and tourism.
http://vestnikkavkaza.net/analysis/politics/61095.html

Westerners are actually trying to make Turkic and other Muslims in the Russian hinterland uprise against Russia to destabilize the RF.
Crimean Tatars are sent upon Russia as suicidal elements that 'rise up'.
Very nasty Why not Crimean Ukrainians?
Come on Mehmet, I would have thought that you of all people would be keen to see Hizb ut-Tahrir al-Islami deliver a strong blow to the face of the Russians? Aren't they 'kafir' according to your ideology as well? Or do you only support Islamic terror when it's directed against NATO and Chinese interests?

Besides, even though you seem to disagree supporting it when it harms Russia, Turkey has been covertly supporting Hizb ut-Tahrir al-Islami against China's Xinjiang province for years. It seems that sometimes you support them and sometimes you don't.

Historically, British SIS has disguised itself as Hizb ut-Tahrir in order to accomplish specific objectives at Russia's expense, and if it is happening here again, you should just give up and go along with it because you will never be able to expose these people anyway.
China also supported Pkk. So did Russia.
Yesterday was yesterday, today is today.
What you mean is no different than calling Frenchmen and Englishmen to hate each other by referring to 100 years medieval war.

Russians do view Turkey as the 'weak-link' in the Western-NATO block that shall help them break through.
Just as I told previously.
This article proves my point to be true.

Westerners push Crimean Tatars to do things they don't expect from Ukrainians to do.

Do you also want Crimean Tatars to operate VBIED attacks against Russian military bases in Crimea?
Mehmet wrote:China also supported Pkk. So did Russia.

And China is still supporting the PKK today. As well they should, since that's the leverage they have against Turkey.

Mehmet wrote:Russians do view Turkey as the 'weak-link' in the Western-NATO block that shall help them break through.
Just as I told previously.
This article proves my point to be true.

And why would you want to help Russia to do that?

Mehmet wrote:Westerners push Crimean Tatars to do things they don't expect from Ukrainians to do.

Do you also want Crimean Tatars to operate VBIED attacks against Russian military bases in Crimea?

Well, you know that I am not going to endorse terrorism. But I'll just say that it's truly unfortunate that the Russians persist in repressing people who might turn out to be dangerous Central Asian lunatics.
Russia would probably give you nothing, since there is nothing that they can really afford to give you.

However, I still want an answer on the Hizb ut-Tahrir issue though. Since that organisation is [1]so decentralised and [2]so widely stretched now, how will you all be able to tell the difference between 'real Hizb ut-Tahrir', and 'Hizb ut-Tahrir that is actually British intelligence'?

After all, Hizb ut-Tahrir has a very large presence in the UK, so you won't be able to say, "Well, if they come from Britain or have a British accent, they might be the British intelligence operatives". Because that applies to a very large number of them anyway. So how will you know who is 'real Hizb ut-Tahrir' and who is not? Also, even if British SIS operatives were to hypothetically suggest starting a fight against Russia 'for Allah', would they be doctrinally incorrect to tell you that? For all intents and purposes such people might as well be the real thing with extra funding.
I never heard of Hizbut Tahrir to be fair.
I heard about the Islamic party of East Turkestan (which Turkey never supported) but never of the one you name.

We talk about Russia not China.
They are allies but today.
Russians are afraid of them considering their population.
That's why they look for other potential alliances, such as with Turks.
Mehmet idea is not falsehood Rei. His explanation is simplistic though. If ISIS-etc can get Russia/Turkey on their side that would mean that de facto China and even Iran will join their side. Although to do this ISIS would need to abandon positions in Syria. Iran and Turkey would be happy if ISIS-etc just squish the kurdish resistance or bleed them dry. China would need an oil pipeline 'protection' through probably Iraq-Iran-Turkey-Russia or Iraq-Pakistan-China(unlikely). You would also need to promise the above 4 to concetrate your effort at overthrowing the Saudi / Israeli / Omani / UAE goverments. Basically becoming something like their proxy. You would get almost unlimited military supplies though. (Debatable)
Also you can forget about uprising in China. Russia would just be happy because Chaos in the targeted countries will increase the price of oil and also Syria would become an even bigger outpost for Russia.

If you can fulfill those conditions then yeah, you can get them on your side, but i doubt 'your' leadership is willing to negotiate or has a possibility even to negotiate with the above 4. Not to mention it would need Turkey quitting Nato+Realighning itself with Russia, only could happen if Erdogan pronounces himself a Dictator/Emperor who has a will to do all that.

Now if this happen, american presense in the region will be limited to the arab peninsula and b) you will have full controll of iraq.
Rather I would see it as Turkey having to give up ISIS if it wants to get closer to Russia, China etc. as Russia is not going to give up on Assad, plus I don't think IS is flexible enough to change its objectives. That and its now an international pariah, Turkey isolates itself by continuing to mix its message over IS, it was a huge mistake to support them but I think Turkey is slowly coming around to that.

The EU is probably never going to accept Turkey and so Russia and China have a lot to offer Turkey as part of the different ascending Eurasian blocks like the SCO or perhaps the EEU.

First you post a UN resolution that doesn't contr[…]

https://twitter.com/GAMZIRI24/status/1782513808746[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Startup in Muscovy : mother of a Muscovite soldier[…]

Got to watch the lexicon. Heritable is not a real[…]