Many times Julian Assange says that the world is an Orwellian Nightmare. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
It really is fairly amusing how there once was a time when people would have cared about their privacy being violated. Yet, when we found out the unsurprising: that the NSA (and not just the NSA or the US) was, and still is, conducting a massive snooping operation over, it seems, the entire internet (completely incompetently I might add), people didn't seem to care. People still don't really seem to care.

Even though Assange is basically right about all of this, unfortunately no one really cares.
Well, that's part of the nightmare. It wouldn't be an Orwellian nightmare if people aren't willing to submit to it. The vast majority, however, either are willing to submit, are ignorant, or don't care enough to do anything but complain about it on the internet. The first group is the most scary, because oftentimes they wish for more censorship, not less.
Honestly I sometimes wonder, people seem willing enough to put just about everything about themselves on the internet. How many hacks and nude photo releases till people don't care about that anymore either and they just willingly share that under the nudes section of their facebook photo folder? I really don't think most people care all that much about their own privacy anymore.
I really don't think most people care all that much about their own privacy anymore.

No they're not.

There is safety in numbers. When you have billions of posts a day on FB then MI5, MI6, CIA etc are literally swamped with information.
layman wrote:Isnt this the guy who helped support the trump campaign?

He is part of the nightmare. A narcissist who peddles disinformation.

Julian Assange abandoned all forms of integrity to become just another self-serving hack. He so obviously picked sides in the election, turning what was a revolutionary institution into a political propaganda machine.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Trump is an extraordinarily dangerous narcissist[…]

This obviously did not happen in Gaza. If it had,[…]

@Scamp Bombing Mexico is the STUPIDIEST idea I[…]

No one is more manly than me. We know there is […]