President Trump wishes to improve US relations with Russia which is long overdue - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I certainly agree with the sentiment of having better relations with Russia (or anyone for that matter, but Russia is the big challenge), but that does not mean capitulating to their position on every issue. This kind of black/white either/or mentality is what retards international (and domestic) relations.
Zagadka wrote:I certainly agree with the sentiment of having better relations with Russia (or anyone for that matter, but Russia is the big challenge), but that does not mean capitulating to their position on every issue. This kind of black/white either/or mentality is what retards international (and domestic) relations.

We only have to agree with Russia on exterminating radical Islam.
@stephen50right

[quote=”stephen50right”]Come on now, you have to admit in hindsight, that Obama did not have any discernible talent to be an effective president. Domestically he stumbled around for eight years. Internationally he was just lost in space, no clue whatsoever what to do. Early on he did the American apology tour and promoted Islam, then he had nothing left except for his big splash with Cuba. [/quote]

No discernible talent? How is this…he got through 8 years without making the Japanese fearful that North Korea would aim nuclear missiles at them. Did you hear that little Japanese kids at recess were forced to take part in a nuclear missile drill? Is this how a good diplomatic president does things? Trump has managed within 100 days to get under Kim Jong Un’s skin as well as angering Great Britain over his baseless claim that the GCHQ helped Obama to engage in the wiretapping of Trump. And Merkel is planning to set in motion tariffs on US imports to Germany if the US is not attentive to her country’s demands. I work for a company that does business with a German company and this could hurt many US companies if a tariff is put in place. It would hurt profits and possibly, could result in firings due to lower sales numbers.

I wanted to show the situation from Putin's viewpoint. You having studied logic, I think would agree that to understand a man, it's a good idea to walk in his shoes, and that helps to effectively deal with him.

How to effectively deal with Putin? He allows his people to hack into US networks and servers. Is he cooperating with us to try to end the cyber madness? I have never heard of any opposition coming from the Kremlin. I think he finds it amusing.
He also does not want to become the US lapdog like Tony Blair became to Bush. Russians are a proud people. They do what they want to do.

With President Trump at the helm, I see good things happening with US-Russia relations, perhaps even outstanding things which believe it or not, even liberals could eventually admire as good US-Russia relations benefit all Americans.

Well, already Trump has outdone himself by causing more international outrage than Obama did in 8 years. Gosh, what an accomplishment! He could win a title in the Guinness Book of World Records for that!
Americans really need insurance coverage and for food prices to come down. Most of us little people do not really care about Russia, to be honest. We are all too busy counting our wages and bemoaning the last payment at the gas pump. Prices are too high. I remember a gallon was $1.33 during Bill Clinton’s presidency, that was nice.
MistyTiger wrote:@stephen50right

[quote=”stephen50right”]Come on now, you have to admit in hindsight, that Obama did not have any discernible talent to be an effective president. Domestically he stumbled around for eight years. Internationally he was just lost in space, no clue whatsoever what to do. Early on he did the American apology tour and promoted Islam, then he had nothing left except for his big splash with Cuba.

No discernible talent? How is this…he got through 8 years without making the Japanese fearful that North Korea would aim nuclear missiles at them. Did you hear that little Japanese kids at recess were forced to take part in a nuclear missile drill? Is this how a good diplomatic president does things? Trump has managed within 100 days to get under Kim Jong Un’s skin as well as angering Great Britain over his baseless claim that the GCHQ helped Obama to engage in the wiretapping of Trump. And Merkel is planning to set in motion tariffs on US imports to Germany if the US is not attentive to her country’s demands. I work for a company that does business with a German company and this could hurt many US companies if a tariff is put in place. It would hurt profits and possibly, could result in firings due to lower sales numbers.

How to effectively deal with Putin? He allows his people to hack into US networks and servers. Is he cooperating with us to try to end the cyber madness? I have never heard of any opposition coming from the Kremlin. I think he finds it amusing.
He also does not want to become the US lapdog like Tony Blair became to Bush. Russians are a proud people. They do what they want to do.

Well, already Trump has outdone himself by causing more international outrage than Obama did in 8 years. Gosh, what an accomplishment! He could win a title in the Guinness Book of World Records for that!
Americans really need insurance coverage and for food prices to come down. Most of us little people do not really care about Russia, to be honest. We are all too busy counting our wages and bemoaning the last payment at the gas pump. Prices are too high. I remember a gallon was $1.33 during Bill Clinton’s presidency, that was nice.[/quote]

<<< He (Putin) also does not want to become the US lapdog like Tony Blair became to Bush. >>>

Thank you for acknowledging, perhaps inadvertently, an important point of the article. Bush sort of tried the lap dog thing with Putin as well, in a different way of course because it was a different situation, but it was a condescending manner for sure. Trump is not like that...and please don't bring up the Rosie O'Donnell spat and other snide comments that Trump makes sometimes, that would not be a valid analogy as to how Trump behaves with 99.99% of everyone else. Even his political opponents say that Trump is a perfect gentleman in meetings, dinners, etc.

Yes, Trump is stirring things up a bit, putting America first, and not allowing other countries to walk all over us. If you wish to call that an "international outrage" well then that's your prerogative. I call it being a smart patriot and strong leader.

And please stop with the liberal nonsense of "Most of us little people do not really care about Russia." I'm not going to go back and read your posts, but I would venture to say when Obama went to Cuba, you were likely quite ecstatic about it, right? Well, Cuba is certainly not even remotely close in importance to America as is Russia, for good or bad.
99.99% is a significant amount of people, though. Why should I care that he is decent to a select 1%? Most Americans are not included in that 1%.

Russia is not as important to us as China. This link shows that Russia sends us less exports than in 2015. http://www.worldstopexports.com/russias-top-10-exports/

Cuba though has potential for economic growth since there was a trade blockade since the 50s. US companies are scrambling to make a dent in Cuba's financial industry and who doesn't like a Cuban cigar?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using PoFo mobile app
MistyTiger wrote:99.99% is a significant amount of people, though. Why should I care that he is decent to a select 1%? Most Americans are not included in that 1%.

Russia is not as important to us as China. This link shows that Russia sends us less exports than in 2015. http://www.worldstopexports.com/russias-top-10-exports/

Cuba though has potential for economic growth since there was a trade blockade since the 50s. US companies are scrambling to make a dent in Cuba's financial industry and who doesn't like a Cuban cigar?

I have read that cigars from the Dominican Republic are now preferred by most cigar smokers to that of Cuban cigars.
MistyTiger wrote:99.99% is a significant amount of people, though. Why should I care that he is decent to a select 1%? Most Americans are not included in that 1%.

We are not looking for a trade partner but a military ally.
Suntzu wrote:We are not looking for a trade partner but a military ally.

Military ally to trading partner usually comes naturally. Trading partner to military ally doesn't always necessarily happen.

Frankly, against radical Islam, we could use as much help as we can get, and of course this includes Russia as well. A US-Russia alliance is not only a smart idea, at this point in time it's really a necessary idea.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That or some of the Republicans are crazy or stup[…]

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]