How would you describe your foreign policy philosophy? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#14824849
Trump wants to work for America first. Our allies are strongly objecting to this. Nationalist put their country's interest first. We can not totally alienate our allies, so we compromise our nationalism. Now, we are no longer working for our own interests so we are not nationalist because we fail the definition.
#14824873
One Degree wrote:Trump wants to work for America first. Our allies are strongly objecting to this. Nationalist put their country's interest first. We can not totally alienate our allies, so we compromise our nationalism. Now, we are no longer working for our own interests so we are not nationalist because we fail the definition.

I don't see how anybody can be "nationalist" by your definition, in the real world.
I liked the message Trumpy delivered to the UN and NATO. And I'm not even American.
I liked it because...in his own adolescent way...he was right. I even understand his opposition to the Paris Accords.
Hell I wish we could mix Trumpy with our Pixey-Dust.
A nationalist who can be let loose in public forums and come out smelling like a rose.
#14824876
Trump had a gut feeling about America that is difficult for me to understand how a billionaire could.
Unfortunately, doing what he said he wanted to do is almost an impossible task when confronted with the power of the Washington insiders.
He is totally outmatched and is trying to fight both parties, the media, and liberal allies all at once. (if you want to believe there are two parties)
This makes it impossible, at least for me, to make any real judgement about him. How do you judge the success of someone fighting those odds? :?:
#14825130
@Buzz62

1. If that is actually a thing it's stupid as fuck. If someone tried to pull that off in Iran it would get massive backlash.

2. I doubt it will happen. I doubt there is even plans to do this and the person who wants this is probably just some stupid journalist who wrote an article advocating for this.

3. Can provide a source. I am looking for some comedy.
#14825137
I understand that in Britain they are taking down statues of historical figures because they are all white, and thus the statues have been call offensive to coloured people. Britain is going to what? Deny their own history and heritage, because it hurts someone's feelings?

Actually, it's only being done with some white historical figures, and only with those who gained their money (and therefore their status as 'benefactors') through the trans-Atlantic slave trade. Of course, this includes most famous historical personages from the 17th and 18th centuries. :lol:
#14825141
Potemkin wrote:Actually, it's only being done with some white historical figures, and only with those who gained their money (and therefore their status as 'benefactors') through the trans-Atlantic slave trade. Of course, this includes most famous historical personages from the 17th and 18th centuries. :lol:
This is sad, the progressive fanatical craze know no bounds. You probably will hate me as a Russkie saying this to you, but you Brits have to get your shit together, what are you doing to your ancestors?
#14825144
I blame it on the computer age. If you see something you don't like, then just press 'delete' and all will be fine.
Surely it will work with history too. :lol:
#14825163
Albert wrote:This is sad, the progressive fanatical craze know no bounds. You probably will hate me as a Russkie saying this to you, but you Brits have to get your shit together, what are you doing to your ancestors?


They are not our ancestors they are the ancestors of rich scum, our ancestors were down mines or in factories with a life expectancy not much higher than that of a slave.
#14825340
Decky wrote:They are not our ancestors they are the ancestors of rich scum, our ancestors were down mines or in factories with a life expectancy not much higher than that of a slave.
The "rich" are not bad people, stop being such a peasant/borderline bandit. Aristocracy build the British Empire for Pete's sakes. I'm, for one proud of Romanovs and love the British royal family. Just today I was watching news and they were showing William and Catherine making pretzels in Germany. I was watching in admiration like a girl would be Beatles or Justin Bieber today.
#14825580
The "rich" are not bad people, stop being such a peasant/borderline bandit. Aristocracy build the British Empire for Pete's sakes.


The British empire was build by tough working class people who joined the British army to avoid watching their kids staving to death through poverty. The rich did not build anything, when I was building schools/ houses/ universities etc. I didn't see any rich people on the scaffold with tools in their hands. The rich are better at sitting and doing nothing than they are at building.
#14825592
Buzz62 wrote:I understand that in Britain they are taking down statues of historical figures because they are all white, and thus the statues have been call offensive to coloured people. Britain is going to what? Deny their own history and heritage, because it hurts someone's feelings?


No - because they were scumbags who sold human beings, actually, if you are thinking about the same people I am.
#14825596
Albert wrote:The "rich" are not bad people, stop being such a peasant/borderline bandit. Aristocracy build the British Empire for Pete's sakes. I'm, for one proud of Romanovs and love the British royal family. Just today I was watching news and they were showing William and Catherine making pretzels in Germany. I was watching in admiration like a girl would be Beatles or Justin Bieber today.


If you are proud of bullies, thieves and murderers, you should be happy with the current world and history, but such perversions are too American for me.
#14825614
Ned Lud wrote:No - because they were scumbags who sold human beings, actually, if you are thinking about the same people I am.


This is the denial of your own humanity. This was not only normal and acceptable throughout human history, but no one would have considered it being different. You would have laughed at an enemy for his weakness if he did not enslave you. Judging the past based upon current morality is ridiculous.
Last edited by One Degree on 21 Jul 2017 14:15, edited 1 time in total.
The Next UK PM everybody...

I have to revise my last posts about the prospects[…]

Antifa again demonstrates its undemocratic nature

A serious question, @SSDR: would you see an "[…]

EU-BREXIT

Very well, what about the other similar claims in[…]

It is hard to believe that the Yemeni rebel group […]