War on Yemen - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By skinster

America, Britain & Saudi Arabia have been bombing Yemen - the poorest country in the Middle East - for the last 2 years.

According to the UN, over 10,000 people have been killed so far, 50,000 wounded and 10 Million are in "urgent need of assistance".

There is a cholera epidemic.

People are starving to death.
By Deutschmania
skinster wrote:America, Britain & Saudi Arabia have been bombing Yemen - the poorest country in the Middle East - for the last 2 years.

According to the UN, over 10,000 people have been killed so far, 50,000 wounded and 10 Million are in "urgent need of assistance".

There is a cholera epidemic.

People are starving to death.
I have heard of such things having taken place https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2016/jan/19/yemen-msf-bombing-hospitals-schools-cannot-become-the-new-normal It seems that life and art have come to resemble each other . So in response , I find it fitting to post this clip from "The Hunger Games : Mocking Jay " https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8emfMm-sr2g .
By skinster
My daughter was killed by Donald Trump’s botched drone attack in Yemen
"During the operation, I heard strong explosions hitting the area and Apache planes striking homes and targeting everything mobile. Anyone, who tried to escape from their homes – whether a man, a woman or a child – were killed.

In the early morning, after the operation ended, I went to the scene and saw the volume of destruction. I saw the dead bodies everywhere. While I was searching among the bodies, I found my daughter Fateem lying dead in the street with her child in her arms. She was covered with blood. I did not imagine this could happen – I cannot forget those painful moments.

I also thought at first that Muhammad, my 2-year-old grandson, was also killed – but when we took him from Fateem’s arms, he cried. He was sleeping all the time in his dead mother’s arms.

The child was slightly injured in the hand by a bullet that hit and left his mother’s body. Such a scene no one could imagine nor comprehend – this level of criminality and killing.

This US operation killed women, children – civilians.

If the US Government truly wants to target terrorists, let them name an internationally wanted terrorist they killed or chased with this raid. I do not know what they were looking for – all I know is that they killed our children, women and civilians without mercy, and seemingly without any reason.

Our people are still shocked. We do not understand what happened, and why this crime was committed."
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/dro ... 20566.html

Also:
Yemen cholera death toll climbs to 1,500 as WHO issues stark warning new cases have increased tenfold

What interests are those? Helping Ukraine to de[…]

@wat0n Your obsession with sexual violence is[…]

Since you keep insisting on pretending that the I[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]