Blind Beast: Shocking truth about air defence system of post-Soviet state - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.

What do we know about the former Soviet republics in Eastern Europe? Corruption, human rights violations, crime, poverty…and lot of old weapons designed to kill in case of war between communism and capitalism.

Thank God, communism is dead. Guys from ex-Soviet states want to share western values. But the weapons are still there. Thousands of tanks, bombs, AA missiles…the more obsolete they are the more dangerous they become. In Ukraine this problem is critical.

That was told me by my Ukrainian e-pal, Dmytro Kulinchenko. He is retired army officer so he knows whereof he speaks. He said the major rub is air defence system: “Our “Iron dome” became a rusty sieve”. The key lies in corruption and poor funding.

However, this “rusty sieve” can be deadly for us. Dmytro said that Ukrainian SAM systems have problems with targeting system: “We’ve got obsolete Buk-M1 missile system with 9M38M1 missiles. We need money for new targeting system research and development. But our government doesn’t bankroll it; they prefer spend money on new yachts and villas…So, our soldiers have to fire by sight and only God knows the size of the missile danger space!”

I was shocked by this story. Can you imagine deadly missile of great power which is blind?

Who can guarantee that this blind beast will hit target, not civil aircraft, during playwar?

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]