Trump says Russia should be at G7 meeting - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Atlantis wrote:Looks like the Mueller investigation is going nowhere.

I don't know about that. Why would Trump say that Russia should be at G7 meeting? Why?

New charges have been filed against US President Donald Trump's former adviser Paul Manafort as part of the probe into Russian meddling.
The latest charges allege that he used offshore accounts to pay former senior European politicians who are allies of Ukraine.
Special counsel Robert Mueller brought the additional charges against Mr Manafort - a longtime associate of Donald Trump - and Konstantin Kilimnik.
Mr Manafort, 69, is already awaiting trial on charges related to lobbying work.
Prosecutors have accused Mr Kilimnik of having links to Russian intelligence.
The indictment charges both men with obstruction of justice and conspiracy to obstruct justice in relation to contacts they had with two witnesses earlier this year.
The witnesses had worked with Mr Manafort as he represented a pro-Russian political party in Ukraine.
They believed Mr Manafort and Mr Kilimnik had tried to make them lie about the nature of their work, they told the FBI.
Mr Manafort has maintained his innocence.
His spokesman, Jason Maloni, said that Mr Manafort and his attorneys were reviewing the charges.
He has pleaded not guilty to previous charges brought by the special counsel, including money laundering, tax and bank fraud charges.
Mr Kilimnik, who is the 20th person to be indicted by Mr Mueller's team, previously declined to comment on the allegations.
:: Donald Trump 'could pardon himself' from Robert Mueller's Russia investigation
The contacts via phone and encrypted messaging applications first occurred in February, prosecutors said.
Mr Kilimnik allegedly reached out to witnesses in April.
The latest charges mark the second time since October that an indictment against Mr Manafort has been amended to include further allegations.
The political consultant is expected to be in court on those charges next month.
Prosecutors will allege that he is guilty of the crimes that could give him a possible sentence of life in prison.
Mr Mueller's probe has been investigating the Russian government's links to Mr Trump's 2016 presidential election campaign for over a year.
The US leader has repeatedly criticised the Mueller probe, calling it a "witch hunt"

https://news.sky.com/story/ex-trump-aid ... y-11398965
Albert wrote:That is an 'imperialist' statement of its own.

Ah, because I am not Crimean? I suppose you are technically correct. :)
One Degree wrote:Imperialists arguing over who should own Crimea. Crimea should be Independent.

Most Crimeans want to belong to Russia because they're Russians, I wonder if there's Crimean identity at all. It's not a country anyway, it's just a peninsula.
Beren wrote:Most Crimeans want to belong to Russia because they're Russians, I wonder if there's Crimean identity at all. It's not a country anyway, it's just a peninsula.

Don’t know. It was originally settled by both ancient Greeks and Iranians, so maybe it never did. I tried some searches, but it is too bogged down by recent events. Russia claims the annexation was Crimean independence so those searches go no where.
One Degree wrote:Don’t know. It was originally settled by both ancient Greeks and Iranians, so maybe it never did. I tried some searches, but it is too bogged down by recent events. Russia claims the annexation was Crimean independence so those searches go no where.

The Krymchaks settled the region in the centuries B.C. They descended from Jewish refugees. When Bibi figures this out, he'll want to move the embassy from Jerusalem again. :D

Putin provided the Crimeans with a referendum on independence, which they wouldn't have gotten under Ukrainian rule. Following the vote for independence, the Crimean parliament decided on reunification with mother Russia (good choice). It's all in accordance with the UN charter on the self-determination of people. It has the added advantage that it pisses off the imperialists.
anarchist23 wrote:If it's fake news how come twenty people have been busted by Mueller already?

... busted on various charges that don't seem to endanger Trump.

I haven't been into the nitty-gritty of the Russiagate thing, if they can use it to impeach Trump, they have my blessing. But Trump's open support for Putin shows that his team no longer fears any consequences from Russiagate.

And even if the Russians meddled with the US elections, it's just small fry compared to what the US does to other countries. Putin is probably trying to emulate the West, but he still has a long way to go to reach USUK levels of deception.
Atlantis wrote:... busted on various charges that don't seem to endanger Trump.

It was always a misnomer that the investigation was about Trump himself. It is more accurately his campaign staff, who may or may not have been acting for Trump, which we will probably never know.

Just because the charges being made aren't applicable to Trump does not mean the investigation has accomplished nothing.
Zagadka wrote:Just because the charges being made aren't applicable to Trump does not mean the investigation has accomplished nothing.

I didn't mean to imply that they achieved nothing. I said they apparently don't threaten the position of the president.

Edit: common sense tells us that Trump is a crook. Is it really up to the judiciary to expel crooks from national politics? In a normal society, people who are so obviously crooked aren't allowed to rise that high in the political establishment.
Atlantis wrote:I didn't mean to imply that they achieved nothing. I said they apparently don't threaten the position of the president.

And yet that was the hope and the wet dream of the supporters of Hillary AKA "The lying Beast".
Resistance ! Not my President ! lol.
Ter wrote:And yet that was the hope and the wet dream of the supporters of Hillary AKA "The lying Beast".
Resistance ! Not my President ! lol.

He's a disgusting piece of shit and, in view of today's political environment, any means, short of assassination, are legitimate for getting rid of him.
Godstud wrote:Trump's a cocksucker leader of a shit-hole nation.

This implies you have something against cocksuckers. Aren't you usually defending them?

Godstud wrote:Who cares what he thinks?

You seem to care, as you constantly comment on US politics.

Godstud wrote:Putin's 10x the leader that Trump is, and Trump knows it, so he acts as a cockholster for Putin.

Well, a Putin fan too. Who knew?

Beren wrote:I wonder if a G7 meeting makes any sense now, it could be better if Trump skipped this and met with Putin and Xi to discuss Korea and Iran perhaps and made G6 realise they're a distinct group of nations with common interests that should cooperate with each other as deep as possible.

It does seem like a relic of the Cold War. With the EU, it seems like it should have been the G4--the US, Canada, Japan and the EU. For some reason, the EU countries still want to be treated separately, but that wasn't the point of the EU. The point was that they would act as one with respect to foreign trade, etc. In my opinion, it's another example of why the EU doesn't work.

Zamuel wrote:Under Putin, you have a one party system directed by a dictator, devoted to destroying the USA and dominating the world.

Simple isn't it?

Sounds like California.

Victoribus Spolia wrote:They are more than a little bit relevant economically and the ousting of them over Crimea was a bit silly in my opinion.

That was because Obama was made a fool after his "tough guy" and "bored kid in the back of the class" remarks about Putin, who illustrated just how naive and wrong Obama was about Putin. The thing is, Obama should have known that after Putin invaded Georgia during Bush's term. Bush couldn't do shit about it either.

BeheadTheFrog wrote:But Crimea has always been Russian.

Since Catherine the Great genocided the Tartars...

Albert wrote:Good luck explaining that to John Kerry and Obama back then.

John Kerry has to be one of the luckiest idiots in the world. It always amuses me how he says things like, "We need to go to the world and... Moron. You're already in the world John Kerry. You don't need to go there.

Stormsmith wrote:Furthermore, Russia hardly in a position to be regarded as "G" material anymore. They are dependent on oil and natural gas for income.

That's true to a degree, but much of Europe is similarly dependent on Russian energy. Without it, Germany is in a pretty fucked sitution. Ukraine, Finland, etc. even more so. In fact, we could say the entirety of Eastern Europe depends on Russia for energy.

Albert wrote:To be given away to some gay loving Eurocrat jerks in the west. That kill their own nations by importing millions of foreigners.

That's exactly the sentiment in Russia. That's why I was really surprised America's adversaries didn't do more during the weakness of the Obama years. Although, I think they were smart enough to know what gains they could keep.

anarchist23 wrote:If it's fake news how come twenty people have been busted by Mueller already?

He's got to justify bilking the US taxpayers for $17M so far.

Atlantis wrote:And even if the Russians meddled with the US elections, it's just small fry compared to what the US does to other countries.

If they interfered and killed off Hillary's chances, it shows that they were successful at payback for what she did to the Ukraine.

Atlantis wrote:Edit: common sense tells us that Trump is a crook. Is it really up to the judiciary to expel crooks from national politics? In a normal society, people who are so obviously crooked aren't allowed to rise that high in the political establishment.

You have to keep in mind the choice was between him and Hillary Clinton. I am now reminded of the debates when Hillary Clinton worried about Trump being in charge of the DoJ, and Trump's quip was, "because you'd be in jail." It's pretty clear now that she was afraid that Trump was going to find out about the shit she was pulling to put spies in his campaign. There was a lingering fear in her own mind that he might win.
Last edited by blackjack21 on 09 Jun 2018 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
You're a fan of assholes, @Blackjack21, so you're one to talk. :lol:

If you don't like what I think of Trump, then that's just too fucking bad. Crybaby.

Putin's a twat, but he's still not as bad as trump.
Godstud wrote:Putin's a twat, but he's still not as bad as trump.

Now you are using misogynist language. Hrmm.... Putin is a twat (derisive slang for a vagina), and Trump is a cocksucker (derisive term for a male homosexual). What are we to make of your language Godstud?
Twat: a person regarded as stupid or obnoxious.

Cocksucker: a contemptible person (used as a generalized term of abuse).

Learn your fucking English!
Godstud wrote:Twat: a person regarded as stupid or obnoxious.

Cocksucker: a contemptible person (used as a generalized term of abuse).

Learn your fucking English!

I think we both know why you used those terms...

So we agree that it is not simply carte blanche an[…]

Oh, so now you don't believe Amit Soussana, @Pant[…]

Oh please post those too :lol: Very obvious p[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we[…]