France has a "School of the Africas?" - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
As a teacher myself, the existence of the School of the Americas (a terror and coup school for aspiring Latinx dictators) has always fascinated me. By codifying the techniques of anti-democratic terror into an institution of "higher learning," the USA basically says that it's an evil empire. Full stop. End of quotes.

I don't question the WHY of its existence, I just wonder if France has one of these for all of its African terror groups. Is it in Paris? Is it more than one school?

I studies in Paris myself for one semester, and the quality of my professors was incredible. Can anyone speak of the quality that future ISIS, Boko-Haram, African separatist groups, etc. receive at their training schools?

Also, for funding, does France fund its own terror schools, or are they co-funded from a group of European countries (and perhaps other NATO countries) in exchange for a percentage of the loot (mineral contracts)?

Is there a French (or Belgian, or Swiss, or British) 'School of the Americas' for African colonialism?

Newsweek from 2014 wrote:France Is Slowly Reclaiming Its Old African Empire
More than 50 years after granting its colonial empire independence, it seems Paris cannot keep its nose out of Africa. French military engagement there is much more wide-ranging than just battling Islamist insurgents in Mali. French forces are active in at least 10 African countries. In May, the government detailed plans to reinforce them, with regional centers in Chad, Burkina Faso, northern Mali and Côte d'Ivoire.

Getting its old colonial empire back? Wow.
This should really help to Make France Great Again!

wiki wrote:Operation Barkhane is an ongoing anti-insurgent operation in Africa's Sahel region, which commenced 1 August 2014.[12] It consists of a 3,000-strong French force, which will be permanent and headquartered in N’Djamena, the capital of Chad.[6] The operation has been designed with five countries, and former French colonies, that span the Sahel: Burkina Faso, Chad, Mali, Mauritania and Niger.[6] These countries are collectively referred to as the "G5 Sahel".

As part of the fallout from the Libyan Civil War, instability in northern Mali caused by a Tuareg rebellion against the central Malian government was exploited by Islamist groups who gained control over the northern half of the country. In response, France launched a military operation...

Libya was destroyed (who's getting all its oil? Hmmm...), and now a whole lot of other mineral-rich African countries are being "liberated" by air raids and covert aggression. It's all very Fort Benning in that there appears to be a well-oiled system for deposing real local leaders.

Stratfor worldview wrote:France's treasury backs the CFA franc currency used by 14 African countries. To discourage any external or domestic challenges to its primacy, France orchestrated coups and interventions. The list of Francophone African leaders who tried — and failed — to defy or reduce French authority is long.

There just has to be a place where all the phony African leaders are trained to obey money, and it must be in continental Europe. But where? Is it one school, or is it the general education system of France that teaches African leaders to betray the people they pretend to govern?

Patrick BAHZAD wrote:LICENSE TO KILL: FRANCE'S SECRET "ASSASSINATION" SQUAD
The last time France's intelligence services used "targeted assassinations" on a large scale was during the Algerian War for Independence (1954-1962). French SDECE (the predecessor to today's DGSE) hit between 200 and 300 targets during that period, either Algerian activists, arms dealers or even lawyers who had made common cause with the Algerian insurgents. Those killings were handled internally or sub-contracted to an informal proxy of French intelligence called "La main rouge". ...

Here it suggests that "the last time" France used state-sanctioned murder of foreigners was in the Algerian war. But like with the USA, it's hard to believe that those assets (the killing machine) wouldn't be preserved by France to continue raiding Africa.

It seems to me that the USA pretends to have "changed" as well.
@QatzelOk colonialism has a very predictable pattern. It doesn't matter if it comes from England, the Netherlands, France, Spain or Italy or any European ex empire....the way they deal with the colonized people and lands are always predictable. It never works in the locals favor.

Look at this article on Kissinger being angry at his South African defeats at the hands of Cuba....and about Olaf Palme's possible assassination due to financially supporting the ANC in South Africa:

Kissinger also said that Castro helping without trying to get some kind of mineral resource and doing it out of solidarity with Black National liberation movements was according to him? Suprising. He is used to killing for money and when another gov't doesn't do it for money or some immorality? He is puzzled.

What a low life that Henry Kissinger!

https://ibw21.org/editors-choice/henry- ... tack-cuba/
Tainari88 wrote:@QatzelOk colonialism has a very predictable pattern. It doesn't matter if it comes from England, the Netherlands, France, Spain or Italy or any European ex empire....the way they deal with the colonized people and lands are always predictable. It never works in the locals favor.

Yes, but did these other countries have an actual "school" for learning/being brainwashed into destroying your own country in order to help rich Western corporations?

The existence of a school for this purpose is very significant.

Also, UNICEF is in Paris, and is dedicated to children's education. Do they have an "African ethnic-terrorism" program for young African kids?

Also, people like Godstud have accused me of defending France in the past... because I talk about my Acadian roots (which were ethnic-cleansed by England) occasionally, and he has no other answer to this early Canada-forming genocide other than "Qatz is a France loyalist."

It should be clear by now to everyone that I am not a loyalist to any rich colonial country.
QatzelOk wrote:Yes, but did these other countries have an actual "school" for learning/being brainwashed into destroying your own country in order to help rich Western corporations?

The existence of a school for this purpose is very significant.

Also, UNICEF is in Paris, and is dedicated to children's education. Do they have an "African ethnic-terrorism" program for young African kids?

Also, people like Godstud have accused me of defending France in the past... because I talk about my Acadian roots (which were ethnic-cleansed by England) occasionally, and he has no other answer to this early Canada-forming genocide other than "Qatz is a France loyalist."

It should be clear by now to everyone that I am not a loyalist to any rich colonial country.

Aha, so you are a Canadian Acadian (Cajun) jibaro. I know. I find your cultural group extremely interesting. They are down to earth farmers with deep rural and living off the land roots.

Lol. I am sorry but you make me smile Q.

I see you according to how I have I have read your thoughts all these years.

You are damn fearless, and strong in everything.

You also are unconventional and incredibly independent in thinking and you might even be categorized as deeply and naturally independent of convention and restriction.

Yet you follow consistently very specific rules of conduct.

I adore you. One of the few men in the world with true courage.

Even when I don't share your view on something, I know at heart your heart is about being humane and loving.

No, you hate colonialism for the same reason I do....it is about killing a people's ability to be free and to live according to their own rules.

I wish I could produce anything you wrote in an outline for any kind of media project. If anyone has important things to say about society? It is you.

Te quiero mucho Q.
photo source

Notice how the Ebola virus has struck very hard near all those multinational mines in Congo? And keeps striking every time it appears that French troops might be withdrawn or kicked out? Hey, where's the safety equipment, guys?

An 8-year-old mining for a multinational in Congo (DR)
photo source

Well, the Pasteur Institute in Paris has been around since when France was colonizing Algeria in the late 1800s, and is noted for its studies of biology. Obviously, they could provide a French terror school with some nifty ideas on how to control a nation of 100 million Africans when all else fails (terrorism, civil wars, sanctions, coup d'etats...).

Perhaps the many UNICEF missions to Africa are used by France for spying purposes.
@QatzelOk I sometimes get physically sickened by the thought of how much harm all these imperialistic nations have caused in the rest of the world. Their lack of ethics, codes of conduct, unfair and unjust treatments of places and peoples who are in the receiving end of all this horrific colonialism sickens me Q.

I had my son mention why he doesn't have grandparents like other children do at school? I thought about my mother. Dead by toxic chemicals thrown by the USA military to practice their war games. Invading Iraq and what did they get from it? Victory?

If I dwell on it too much Q? One wants to go and target the ones responsible. But there are so many of them out there. Polluting the earth, killing off and discriminating against First Nation cultures, hating on the colonized and planting lies to control these places. Destroying the society with corruption and low life banking practices, and lack of freedoms.

It is terrible. Gets me furious Q.

I have to focus on change that is positive. I want my son to live a good life that is full of love, family and sound habits and values. Not about violence and revenge.

But these people who do this? They only deserve the worst from the ones whom they disrespect. They do deserve to be eliminated. No doubt about it.

They talk about terrorists when they are nationalists or the colonized fight back. The real terrorists for all of humanity and for the planet and its health? Are they. Those pigs that keep pushing profits above human health and above the earth's health. It is terrible!
QatzelOk wrote:Image
photo source

Notice how the Ebola virus has struck very hard near all those multinational mines in Congo? And keeps striking every time it appears that French troops might be withdrawn or kicked out? Hey, where's the safety equipment, guys?

An 8-year-old mining for a multinational in Congo (DR)
photo source

Well, the Pasteur Institute in Paris has been around since when France was colonizing Algeria in the late 1800s, and is noted for its studies of biology. Obviously, they could provide a French terror school with some nifty ideas on how to control a nation of 100 million Africans when all else fails (terrorism, civil wars, sanctions, coup d'etats...).

Perhaps the many UNICEF missions to Africa are used by France for spying purposes.

It is not surprising the amount of destabilization the Imperialist nations dedicate to these nations with rich mineral depositories. They do it in Bolivia and they will do it in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

At the same time who supplies the military with these weapons of war and allows them to terrorize locals into giving up land or income?

Many political assassinations and sheer chaos reigns in places that are underdeveloped and rich in resources coveted by the Western nations Empires. They should be called out and actually sanctioned and arrested for doing what they do in these governments and in these communities.

Children shouldn't be working. Women and men and older people who are not part of the military machine should not be terrorized into compliance. But?

You got a bad combination of poverty, corruption, greed and lack of respect for the Earth all combined into a toxic brew.

It all plays into the hands of these greedy corporations dying to use Lithium and other resources to build a new Green alternative. No, they want to be able to abandon fossil fuels and hook people into paying even more for green resources...that is what they claim? I never believe greedy imperialists Q. My motto with them is "Whatever they say they stand for it is the opposite and in fact is the opposite. Which means if they say Iraqi Freedom? It is Iraqi Imprisonment and Exploitation. Afghani Justice? It is Afghani Injustice. Economic prosperity? It is thieving like crazy anything not belonging to them. That is their way of covering their asses with lies.
When Obama was president, we got right on it.

Letting things go, the way Trump has, risks an international outbreak. You don't want Ebola in your neighborhood.

Stupid is as stupid does.
late wrote:When Obama was president, we got right on it.

Letting things go, the way Trump has, risks an international outbreak. You don't want Ebola in your neighborhood.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Well, if you're an African nation, you don't want France in your neighborhood either. France means death by airstrike, and lots of terrorism near mineral deposits - which require French troops, of course.

Obama did more to "open Africa to colonialism" than any recent president. His destruction of Libya was one of the most cruel mass murdering of a society (and of African hope) in my lifetime.

And because he was "first black prez inc.", Americans smiled and said "I love him because I'm not racist at all."

But I don't think Obama went to the School of the Americas. But he probably has his portrait hung in every classroom of the Ecole des Afriques de la France - if the school exists. (do you know if it does, late?)
Steve Brown wrote:The uranium mined for Framatome’s nuclear reactors is commonly found in the Sahel region of Africa where most of France’s uranium comes from, primarily northern Niger and Mali. Chad** and Mauritania also possess enormous reserves of the dangerous material. Mali is the fourth-largest supplier of gold too, and with falling registered gold reserves and the already accomplished confiscation of gold by the west from its failed states Mali makes an especially attractive target… particularly for the EU’s struggling banks.

After the indigenous people of the Sahel suffered serious illness from the effect of uranium mining – where drinking water is frequently contaminated – activist leader Almoustapha Alhacen and NGO Aghirin cooperated to oppose France’s corrupt mining giant Areva in Niger and Mali after 2001.

France got used to fueling its nuclear power plants with uranium from its colonies. And since it has nothing to buy this product with, it prefers to destabilize, terrorize, coup d'etat and then walk away with all the profits and none of the responsibility for pollution or social destruction.

This is not very far from slavery. Colonialism is like "remote slavery" where the Western elites don't even have to feed or shelter their slaves. NATO terror is all it takes to "discipline them" into working to death in a polluted mess - all to enrch the headquarters of UNICEF so it can help "the children."

(confiscation of gold by the west from its failed states = bankster wars that destroy societies)
@Tainari88

At least Kissinger did the right thing on Rhodesia. Prime Minister Ian Smith of Rhodesia met with Secretary of State Henry A. Kissinger in 1974. In a series of three talks, Smith accepted the principle of majority rule in his country, which was the end of white rule in Rhodesia. I wrote a paper on Kissinger's shuttle diplomacy in the 1970s which ended the crisis in the Middle East.

Rhodesian Prime Minister Ian Smith and United States Secretary of State Henry Kissinger met in Pretoria to discuss majority rule for Rhodesia. South African Prime Minister B.J. Vorster joined the final stages of the talks. Towards the end of 1974, Vorster, backed by President Kenneth Kaunda of Zambia, had started to campaign actively for peace in Rhodesia, but to no avail. This was the third in a series of three talks, initiated by Kissinger, in an attempt to create a region of political and economic stability in Rhodesia that would be strong enough to withstand communist inroads. At this conference, Smith accepted the principle of majority rule in his country. Despite this major breakthrough there were no positive results, except an announcement by Smith on 24 September that his government had accepted Kissinger's proposal of a Black majority government within two years. This, however, did not end the war in Rhodesia. The Black movements in Rhodesia and the leaders of the front line states (Tanzania, Zambia, Mozambique and Botswana) would only consider a settlement on their terms and Smith refused to make any more concessions. Terrorist activity in Rhodesia continued, as well as punitive raids by the Rhodesian forces against bases in Mozambique, Zambia and Angola. The warring forces finally reached an agreement, confirmed in March, 1978, which produced a transitional government. Vorster immediately expressed his willingness to co-operate with the new government on a good-neighbourly basis.

References
Liebenberg, B.J. & Spies, S.B. (eds)(1993). South Africa in the 20th Century, Pretoria: Van Schaik Academic, pp. 444-446|Muller, C.F.J. (ed)(1981). Five Hundred years: a history of South Africa; 3rd rev. ed., Pretoria: Academica, p. 569
ThirdTerm wrote:@Tainari88

At least Kissinger did the right thing on Rhodesia. Prime Minister Ian Smith of Rhodesia met with Secretary of State Henry A. Kissinger in 1974. In a series of three talks, Smith accepted the principle of majority rule in his country, which was the end of white rule in Rhodesia. I wrote a paper on Kissinger's shuttle diplomacy in the 1970s which ended the crisis in the Middle East.

Third Term as far as I am concerned Kissinger was a war criminal. And his obsession with not allowing Leftist governments that were democratically elected in African nations and Latin American nations and Southeast Asian nations was very disgusting and undemocratic. He wanted yes men to his schemes of capitalism and exploitation and he had racist policies galore empowering South African apartheid regimes. Horrible man and he did a lot to create terror against native peoples in all these regions.
late wrote:When Obama was president, we got right on it.

Yes, the French (media) really appreciated President Obama.
In 2017, the Guardian wrote:'Oui on peut': 40,000 sign petition for Barack Obama as next French president

Posters of Barack Obama have popped up around Paris in what started as a joke by four friends pretending to launch a campaign for the former US leader ahead of France’s presidential election.

And here's why:

Ellen Isaacs wrote:Some of Obama’s increased US military commitments and economic involvements in Africa were:

*Doubled funding for AFRICOM, the US military command in Africa

*Expanded the US base in Djibouti nearly 6 fold

*Created the African Growth and Opportunity Act giving trade preferences to 39 countries which emphasized the export of resources and imports of American manufactured goods

*Promoted population control in Africa, especially the long-acting contraceptive DepoProvera, while cutting the global HIV budget

*Provided clandestine arms to Somalia to fight Islamic nationalists in order to control shipping routes in the Horn of Africa and control underdeveloped oil and gas reserves

*Gave massive military aid to corrupt Ugandan dictator Museveni

*Trained and supported murderous Rwandan dictator Kagame and Congolese dictator Kanambe in exchange for lucrative mining rights

*Supported the independence of South Sudan in an unsuccessful bid to take control of its oil resources from China

*Built and staffed bases in Niger, Cameroon and Burkina Faso to secure mineral, oil and gas resources

Did Obama follow the Ecole des Afriques' online program? Or is the program content the same in every country?
late wrote:I was talking about Ebola.

Ebola, Obama... let's call the whole thing off?

I'm not sure which of these actually did more damage to the people of Africa, and I'm also not sure which of these (one, both, or neither) were cynically created in a laboratory.
Political Interest wrote:France is not superior to Anglophone countries, only a step up.

No one is arguing otherwise in this thread (so far).

The OP question is whether France has a Terror School like the one in Fort Benning, Georgia that used to be called "The School of the Americas" before being rebranded something much more Orwellian a few years ago.

If you scan the other posts in this thread you will see a list of some of the things that France has been up to on the African continent... with its gangster allies.
QatzelOk wrote:No one is arguing otherwise in this thread (so far).

The OP question is whether France has a Terror School like the one in Fort Benning, Georgia that used to be called "The School of the Americas" before being rebranded something much more Orwellian a few years ago.

If you scan the other posts in this thread you will see a list of some of the things that France has been up to on the African continent... with its gangster allies.

France is ruled by idiots. England is ruled by idiots. Germany is ruled by idiots.

Even the USA is ruled by idiots, but this was patently obvious.

You and I both know neo-colonialism is not in anyone's interest, but our idiots in the political class are intent on pursuing it in our name.
Political Interest wrote:France is ruled by idiots. England is ruled by idiots. Germany is ruled by idiots.

Even the USA is ruled by idiots, but this was patently obvious.

You and I both know neo-colonialism is not in anyone's interest, but our idiots in the political class are intent on pursuing it in our name.

The oligarchs in charge of Western nations know what they are doing. War and fear have extended the death sentence of many bankrupt forms of governance throughout human history. It's a time-proven way to postpone the inevitable - even if it makes things ultimately worse for everyone. Our elite doesn't really have time to care fore the plight of "everyone" at this point.

But why does the USA require an actual school to train for torture, while France apparently relies on the private market to destroy African societies? Is there a feature of French capitalism that is linked more closely to mercenaries or other types of militias? Does the USA require a school because their capitalists can't organize ther own militias and mercenaries?

This is ridiculous. Articles showing attacks on s[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab […]

Pretty clear France will be taking a leading role […]

He is even less coherent than Alex Jones. My gu[…]