Why Patriotism is better than Nationalism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
This theme is an alternative to theme "Why Nationalism is better than Patriotism"

I think Patriotis IS BETTER. Why?
1) In ANY country there are many nations that are not title. But Nationalism means to lead only one nation. So in Russian Empire only 41% were Russians. If Russia would be nacionalistic then 59% should be dead! But it is more than 100 millions (from 160 mln Russian Empire's citizens).
2)There are many people in title nation that don't like their country and there are many people from non-titled nations that love this country.For exaple Russia: there are many Russians who love west and hate their fatherland and there are many (for example Bashkir) that love Russia.
Nationalism supposed to kill these non-titled that love their country and stay alive some bastards from title nation.

So: NO NAZI !!!
By Ymir
Patriotism is an aspect of Nationalism
By Comrade Serb
Difference between patriotism and nationalism is like between internationalism and cosmopolitism. Patriotism is an alternative to nationalism.

Patriot loves fatherland, nacionalist loves nation.
Patriot discriminate those who don't like his fatherland, nacionalist discriminates those who don't belong to their nation.
Patriot don't care about what nation man is, nacionalist don't care if someone from other nation loves his country or not.
If there are 2 men - one from non-title nation but loves fatherland and other from title nation and don't love fatherland then:
Patriot would like more first, nacionalist would like more second.
Any more differences you need ? or it is clear for you how do they difffers?
By Russian
Patriot- loves his country
Nationalist- worships his country

Nationalist is a patriot on steroids

I love Russia but I cannot say that I would consider myself a patriot because i currently live in the States
By Kov
Exactly,there is a faint line between a Nationalist and a Patriot... I am unfortunantly a Russian/USSR(since I was born there) Nationalist....
By volkishcollective
Personally I see Volkism more appropraite than mere Nationalism.

The Volk are the cultural, moral, spiritual and social grouping that one best belongs to.

I reject the idea that one can simply be born into the Volk, one has to earn ones place it in from hard work, dedication and an ideal of helping develop the future of ones people.

The October 7 attack may constitute an act of att[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv […]

Xi Jinping: "vladimir, bend down even lower, […]