the End off free America! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By blaubrut
Why you do not do anything against Bush. Me, after this war are no more safe you believe in the whole world, and in the own country it does not gíbt democracy. A free America will not any longer give it. :?:
By RighteousFever
Comrade Koatna wrote:I didnt understan most of the message...but what i did understand i agree with.

That should be in your signature line since it seems like your standard modus operendi.

But I do agree that this guy is incoherent. Inferring that America will no longer be free then not go into detail why he thinks along these lines.

I will try to help out since there seems to be language barrier. He thinks that because of the war that America will be a place of danger and that will lead to fewer freedoms.

Additionally he wants to know why we don't do anything against Bush. Hmm...like what? We have a thing here called an election process. Believe it or not it works well......despite the Democrats assertion to the contrary. People will vote in 2004...and Bush will win again.
By ahab
there were some minor freedoms lost with the Patriot Act, but no one should have a problem with those, and the Partiot Act is only in effect until 2005. It is only temporary to deal with the threat of terrorists within the US. Patriot Act II is supposed to go before congress soon, but it will most likely fail as the terrorist threat is not as great and the anti-terrorist rabidity that was around when the original was made is no longer there

freedoms that ahab has noticed that he lost: 0
By Proctor
ahab wrote:freedoms that ahab has noticed that he lost: 0
Very good point. We can bitch and moan about all our lost freedoms, but nothing has really changed. And nothing will. We have to look at the situation realistically, without predetermining that 'the end is nigh.'
By ahab
I know giving up freedoms is often pointed out as the first step down a dark path, but I felt Patriot Act was a necessary experiment. Congress isn't willing to pass Patriot Act II, but I'm writing to my representatives to make sure they know my views.
By Comrade Koatna

You may have lost more than you think. I have read (i will try to find the source) that the patriot act gives the police the ability to go into your home and copy computer files and invade all privacy if you are a "suspected terrorist" tehy have the right to torcher for information and so on. I will try to find the links that i have to support this.
By ahab
Comrade Koatna wrote:

You may have lost more than you think. I have read (i will try to find the source) that the patriot act gives the police the ability to go into your home and copy computer files and invade all privacy if you are a "suspected terrorist" tehy have the right to torcher for information and so on. I will try to find the links that i have to support this.
no need to find links, I know I've lost freedoms, but those lost freedoms will be back in 2005 and I know no one that has been put into that situation. I'm not sure about the torture though, but I do know if you are a suspected terrorist you can be held and certain rights that would make that illegal (i'm not sure exactly wich ones) are immune. Only the FBI can do this, and they have been very reluctant to do this.
By Boondock Saint
The torture?

They force you to watch FOX reality programming 24-7 till you crack.

I understand there is a grass roots movement to get this type of programming added to the Geneva convention and labeled a WOMD.

I too have not noticed any change in my freedoms ... so ... don't mind me while I avoid jumping on the 'oh god they took away our freedom' band wagon.
By Efrem Da King
[SF edit: no one line posts in this forum please (that includes one line with a line break in the middle!)]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

How was my take empathetic? I was specifically i[…]

meh, we're always in crsis.

It's not my fault the left has been justifying the[…]

For the Western leftist, kidnapping, rape, torture[…]