The Missing Link Discovered! - It is a Pig. - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Theories and happenings too odd for the main forums.
either all these things is stuffed within the 1% different genes and the 99% other genes we have no idea what it does ...meaning this is all BS ,,,,
or ...the very idea of 99% simillarity is in its basis BS ....

Genes code for proteins. On a molecular level, the protein pathways that make cells function, process energy, and a variety of other day to day tasks is the same between humans and monkeys. It takes tens of thousands of genes to do this.

The genes that make humans different from chimps are developmental genes, genes that control growth patterns of cells. Our cells are basically identical to a chimps, but they grow in different patterns thanks to a handful of very important developmental genes.

Also important is that we don't share 99% of genes, we share 99% of DNA which is an important distinction. A few base pair changes in a protein can radically alter function. For instance there is a developmental gene that creates a crest in apes that anchor jaw muscles. In humans this gene is slightly altered and non functional due to the slight alteration. The lack of crest development results in a larger cranium. A few base pairs in a billion result in a radical alteration of anatomy.
'm not an expert on the topic ...but as far as i recall....
the genetic order is different....
the telomere at the end of each chromosome is no where near being the same (ours is shorter)
chromosomes 4-9 ( anther one i dont remeber which ) are different in order and genetic structure indicates that there is a very large possibility that humans and apes dont come from the same origins ....
studies shows differences in nucleotide polymorphisms,allelic polymorphisms,messenger DNA ,inactivation events,gene sequences and duplications along with other things i cant remember or didnt record ..
making the human DNA and genetic structure very different and unique from one of apes ...
these differences are between kinds not between species...
and the missing link in the theory is the altering of one DNA sequence in a way that results in forming an entirely new kind....which so far...never happened....
evolution-adoption-natural selection-speciation all happens ...but all within one kind .....not between kinds...
all the claimed evidence of the evolutionary theory so far has been ....bacteria evolving into a new type of bacteria ...or birds evolving beaks...or fish speciating to more fish ....
no evidence..no fossil records ....not even scientific basis shows that evolution can happen from one kind to anther .....more from one species to anther ...
even a geological event that could result such core altering in DNA is not recorded.....
the telomere at the end of each chromosome is no where near being the same (ours is shorter)

Telomeres are repeating sequences of TTAGGG that do not code for anything. They are endcaps on chromosomes that exist because the copying machinery of DNA degrades DNA at the end over time. Telomeres are just buffers against damage to important sequences. It should be noted that the telomeres in humans and chimps are completely identical in sequence. The lengths of telomeres are quite variable between between individuals and even between different cells depending on how many times it's undergone mitosis.

chromosomes 4-9 ( anther one i dont remeber which ) are different in order

Chromosomes are arbitrarily numbered, they don't have a specific order, they float around in the nucleus independent of one another.

genetic structure indicates that there is a very large possibility that humans and apes dont come from the same origins ....

Genetic structure refers to the genetic makeup of a single individual, which differs between two people. Genetic structure would tell you nothing about relationships between species. For that you need to look at the genome of the entire population of that species. It does not fill me with much faith in this assertion that you do not link to any sort of study about these differences in genetic structure that you say disprove common ancestry. Making the claim rather difficult to evaluate.

studies shows differences in nucleotide polymorphisms

A nucleotide polymorphism is when a single nucleotide varies in a population. This can happen because of a random neutral mutation or a change in a noncoding segment of DNA. Importantly polymorphisms refer to differences within a single species. So human beings would have lots of random nucleotide polymorphisms. Because of background radiation two different cells in your own body would have nucleotide polymorphisms. These don't say anything about common ancestory.

,allelic polymorphisms

Polymorphisms are when there are two or more in a population. Thus the allele for brown eyes and blue eyes are allelic polymorphisms. There use in denying common decent is tenuous at best and pointless without a link to even evaluate what polymorphisms they are refering to and why they say anything at all about our relationship to chimps.

messenger DNA

This does not exist, I would hazard a guess that you may mean messenger RNA, but that is just a copy of DNA. So it is rather pointless to bring up since it would be just a reflection of the gene in question which is what you would need to discuss.

inactivation events

I'm not aware of any difference in inactivation events between humans and chimps. Most vertabrates share the mechanisms that inactivate genes. This is what causes cellular differentiation.

gene sequences and duplications along with other things i cant remember or didnt record ..

You have made a list of things and asserted they show problems with common ancestry but you've linked to no arguments and no specific examples. These are all rather general terms and are things that exist in all living organisms. I see no reason to suggest that they are any sort of argument at all except an attempt to cast doubt without any sort of strong argument.

making the human DNA and genetic structure very different and unique from one of apes ...

None of the things on your list show that, and you can not simply assert it and expect it to be taken seriously.

these differences are between kinds not between species...

Define kinds, how is a kind different from a species?

and the missing link in the theory is the altering of one DNA sequence in a way that results in forming an entirely new kind....which so far...never happened....
evolution-adoption-natural selection-speciation all happens ...but all within one kind .....not between kinds...

I'm not particularly clear on what a kind is supposed to be, which I rather suspect to be the point of it's use among creationists.

all the claimed evidence of the evolutionary theory so far has been ....bacteria evolving into a new type of bacteria ...or birds evolving beaks...or fish speciating to more fish ....

One change at a time. A swamp fish gets slightly better at going between pools of water as they dry. Once species gives rise to a new one with stronger fins that can help the fish drag itself to a new pool. That in turn gives rise to one whose gills allow it to process air better and thus make longer trips. Once species of fish gives rise to the next each slightly different but almost identical to the last. Until this happens a hundred thousand times and you realize that this latest fish is so radically different than the original that it is rather unlike a fish.

no evidence..no fossil records

When I debate creationists, they present not one fact in favor of creation and instead demand "just one transitional fossil" that proves evolution. When I do offer evidence (for example, Ambulocetus natans, a transitional fossil between ancient land mammals and modern whales), they respond that there are now two gaps in the fossil record.
This is a clever debate retort, but it reveals a profound error that I call the Fossil Fallacy: the belief that a "single fossil"--one bit of data--constitutes proof of a multifarious process or historical sequence. In fact, proof is derived through a convergence of evidence from numerous lines of inquiry--multiple, independent inductions, all of which point to an unmistakable conclusion.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-fossil-fallacy/

not even scientific basis shows that evolution can happen from one kind to anther

As "kind" isn't a word that exists in the scientific lexicon it is rather hard to show a change in it. I can show you all sorts of changes in one species to another but I wouldn't know at what point or where it would constitute a different kind.

more from one species to anther

Assuming kind is some sort of broader classification (perhaps around the family level in taxonomy), you would only be able to create a new kind by several hundred, if not thousands, speciation events.

even a geological event that could result such core altering in DNA is not recorded.....

DNA changes all the time on it's own, it does so slowly, one generation at a time. There is no event that would make all your DNA change all at once and make you give birth to a different species.
hmmmm....
ok ..since as stated not an expert in genetics nor fully understand it and that my source is a 3 year old text file ...'ll give in the genetics points...

for the others...
-feline cats are a kind for exaple..
i think the catagory goes family-kind-species....

for the change....lets assume there is a certain group of a given animal ...and it grow and spread on a very large geographic area where each part of this species is going under different events-environment-etc....
each part will start adopting over a long period of time to its environment .....eventually ....while both groups will be practically simillar ..each will basically present a different species ..correct ?
but in general ..both groups will remain within the same kind ....
an example is dogs coming from wolves in the articale you posted....both have differences ....and considered different species...but in whole. ...they're one kind and they come from one place...and they do share many characteristics....

but with humans and apes...if they both did come from the same ancestry ...
-why did one evolve much more intelligent than the other??

-the theory says that 6 million years ago the line of great apes split resulting in both humans and modern apes ....
but all the former speciations had shorter terms...but in the final 6 million years nothing happened ....basically speciation practically stopped and evolution as well took much slower pace and almost practically stopped in apes ...but not in humans ......?

-speciation happens mostly due to outside factors effecting a certain animal...basically adoption .....dogs for an example evolved from wolves due to the processes of domestication ......for humans....they started in africa...so what caused great apes while being in the environment and effected by nearly the same elemts to split in way that one part will go into much more rapid evolution while the other practically set still ?
feline cats are a kind for exaple..

That would put kind at the suborder level if you go by cats being feliformia, before family which would be a split in the order carnivera with caniforma.

Seeing as this would include mongooses and hyena's it may also be that you would consider it at the level of family similarly to felidae. This would put it at just above genus species.

However the human family is hominadae which would include the great apes. So perhaps you mean at the genus level, which for humans would be Homo.

Homo contain's several species such as hablis, erectus, ergaster, neanderthal, etc.

So perhaps you mean species, but you said species is different than kind earlier saying that a change in species is not a change in kind.

Thus we run into the problem of you using an example instead of a rigorous definition to define kinds. It is rather difficult to apply the concept.

for the change....lets assume there is a certain group of a given animal ...and it grow and spread on a very large geographic area where each part of this species is going under different events-environment-etc....

I'm going to assume that these groups cannot interbreed with one another and are isolated separate populations.

each part will start adopting over a long period of time to its environment .....eventually ....while both groups will be practically simillar ..each will basically present a different species ..correct ?

Yes, as long as those populations aren't interbreeding.

but in general ..both groups will remain within the same kind ...

It's rather difficult to say what you mean by kind. But if they can change a little in a given amount of time, then they can change a little more in more time, and they can change a whole lot in quite a long time. If they are all changing in different ways then you will end up with more than a little difference between them. You are focused very much on the result of a single change which by definitions isn't much of a change. But they can change again, and then again, and they will keep changing till the difference is quite large.

an example is dogs coming from wolves in the articale you posted....both have differences ....and considered different species

We aren't entirely sure when we domesticated dogs, but the large estimate is 40,000 years ago. That's about 3000-5000 or so generations of them give or take. In experiments with E. coli speciation required 30,000 generations. Diploid organisms like humans and dogs evolve faster because of sex mixing up our genes, but 3000-5000 generations is not very long at all for evolution to be taking place. You wouldn't really expect an enormous amount of difference between dogs and wolves give the short time we've been at it.

but in whole. ...they're one kind and they come from one place

All evolution "comes from one place". That's what common ancestors are, the one place that two divergent groups came from on their different paths.

but with humans and apes...if they both did come from the same ancestry ...
-why did one evolve much more intelligent than the other??

Evolution selects for one thing and one thing only, ability to out reproduce other members of your population. Chimps survive quite well in their natural environment and a slightly smarter chimp wont survive any better than a stupider chimp. So evolution doesn't select for intelligence in chimps.

The environment humans evolved in was in a region that went through several climactic shifts, this changing environment selected for adaptability. It selected for the ability to find ways to survive in new environments under new conditions. In that case it selected for intelligence.

Intelligence requires quite a lot of energy devoted to growing the brain, and in humans the brain capacity required meant that babies had to be born less developed and require quite a lot of energy to raise compared to a chimp baby. It also increased rates of death during child birth compared to chimps.

There is quite a lot of pressure against intelligence evolving and it is only in very specific conditions that the value of intelligence would outweigh it's developmental cost.

-the theory says that 6 million years ago the line of great apes split resulting in both humans and modern apes ....

6-7 million years, yes.

but all the former speciations had shorter terms...but in the final 6 million years nothing happened

This is not true. We did not evolve from great apes, we evolved from a common ancestor with the great apes. Our common ancestor could be fairly unlike a chimp.

asically speciation practically stopped and evolution as well took much slower pace and almost practically stopped in apes ...but not in humans ......?

If a species is already well adapted to it's environment it will not change as quickly. It when a species encounters a new environment that it tends to change.

The split between humans and chimps occurred when the climate of the region of part of the population of our common ancestor was living in changed.

speciation happens mostly due to outside factors effecting a certain animal

Speciation is usually caused by a change in living conditions. These are called selection pressures.

basically adoption

We have observed speciation in natural environments outside of human beings doing anything in particular to the animals in question.

for humans....they started in africa...so what caused great apes while being in the environment and effected by nearly the same elemts to split in way that one part will go into much more rapid evolution while the other practically set still ?

Africa is an enormous continent. It could contain the united states, India, China, the UK, Japan, and eastern europe and would still have quite a lot of unfilled space. It's 11.67 million square miles big. It has a ton of variation in it's enviroments between east, west, north, south, and central Africa. We evolved on the opposite side of the continent from chimps in vastly different environments.
ok....to make things clear...as you might well see that i am going from a religious and specifically islamic point of view...
now according to my studies in islam...in quran ...one of the names of god is al-bari meaning the evolver ....and its also said in quran that god created life from water ........
and i read a book of ibn khaldon (14th century muslim scientists) where he talked about evolution and how creatures started evolving from materials in water and so on ....basically the idea is ....
science explains how ...religion explains why ...(in my own and many other's view) ...
so bare with me while i use you to gather up my ideas and get better understanding of the facts ...

-for kinds...i believe a kind is a calling for a sub level right above the species....
i have a general concept what is a kind but 'm not sure how to put it in english ....
so anyways...

-in africa in general ...climate started going dryer in the past i believe 3-4 million years....even if we looked at the ancient egyptions who expanded rule over multiple regions in africa ...the climate in their very short period of time compared to earth's age....climate changed rapidly all over the northern half of africa..
(on a side note....some scientists connect it with the distance between earth and moon ).....so if such change happened so widely and rapidly ..then africa as a whole experienced huge change in climate in all of its regions across the past few millions of years...and the change in sum was simillar in aspects...
so both groups have experienced to some extent similar events .....but as said....one experienced more rapid evolution while the other barely did ...
causing the 2 groups turning into an entirely different creatures.....
now i understand that evolution could happen even in short terms measured to months....which is what happened in the birds that darwin studied on the island (beaks changed within the same generation) ........and in humans and apes case...the changes didn't just change some aspects but it changed entirely ....
and currently .....we cant even transfer blood or transplant skin between apes and humans ....meaning that even cells and tissues have changed dramatically ...

which is the very reason that while 'm not denying evolution but that ancestry ....considering the differences ...and the fact that we share similarities with other animals..for example ....(since its in the thread title) we can have skin transplant from pigs or deers but not from apes ...
its more logical that while we did evolve from a primitive creature ...that our ancestors are rather extinct ...
further more....humans also have lots of similarities with koalas ...as even we have same finger prints....
these similarities indicate that all come from one old genetic pool.....not that apes and humans came directly from one ancestor on the short term ...
mikema63 wrote:DNA changes all the time on it's own, it does so slowly, one generation at a time. There is no event that would make all your DNA change all at once and make you give birth to a different species.

Do not modern darwinists think, on the opposite, that brutal changes are frequent? I am no biologist and may be wrong but from what I know the graduate changes hypothesis has been put in perspective as only one of the mechanisms behind evolution decades ago.
anasawad, just because two species share similar traits, it did not mean that they acquired that trait from the same source. In the case of the Koala's fingerprints it's not just more likely but basically impossible for it to be anything but parallel evolution.
No, that makes no sense. We know that specific feature that koalas and humans share is parallel evolution, because at the point in which they split off neither had that trait, and that trait is shared by chimpanzees while not shared by other marsupials. Therefore your line of logic contradicts itself, because if you acknowledge the reasoning behind why we consider it parallel evolution of traits, you must acknowledge the link between chimps and humans, as well as the link between marsupials like Koalas and humans/other primates. Basically, you want to have your cake and eat it too.
yes....all the talk about the link between chimps and humans...which as much as many people try...still seems illogical ....
we share core traits with many animals....yet not so much with apes.....tissues for example....
even in the fossil records and all the evidence provided for the common ancestry ....it has a gap in it .... a gap where we dont have records of ....no evidence of it..and we cant explain anything about it ...that gap makes the idea of the common ancestry not logical nor proven

evolution did happen....but the common ancestry is still theoretical .......actually this thread starting articale speaks my point...
we share traits with apes..and with pigs and with many animals.....and to justify the common ancestry they said..ok ..maybe a pig fucked an ape and we popped out ....
anasawad wrote:yes....all the talk about the link between chimps and humans...which as much as many people try...still seems illogical ....
we share core traits with many animals....yet not so much with apes.....tissues for example....
even in the fossil records and all the evidence provided for the common ancestry ....it has a gap in it .... a gap where we dont have records of ....no evidence of it..and we cant explain anything about it ...that gap makes the idea of the common ancestry not logical nor proven

evolution did happen....but the common ancestry is still theoretical .......actually this thread starting articale speaks my point...
we share traits with apes..and with pigs and with many animals.....and to justify the common ancestry they said..ok ..maybe a pig fucked an ape and we popped out ....

If you go back far enough then all organisms alive today have a common ancestor with humans including all the apes. The question is only when did we branch off and what are the nearest organisms alive today that shared that branch off. Apes, particularly chimpanzees, are an obvious first place to look, as Darwin did, and subsequent dna analysis clearly shows a close relation. The only mystery is really why humans have such a huge number of phenotypic characteristics wildly different from even chimpanzees. Since pigs share so many of those phenotypic characteristics that we have that differ markedly from other apes it makes sense to look there for a source for those genes although we haven't had serious dna analysis to confim it yet.

Are you a Creationist?
true...it shows close relation...but that same relation shows with other species as well.....basically we have part of everything...
which brings further doubts to the ancestry topic.....
the same records supporting a common ancestry can also be used in a different context to support an extinct different ancestor ...

i think creationists and evolutionists isn't much accurate description for me ....
as far as my self and many others who dug into it came to result .....
'm a muslim ...there for i believe in god.....by studying quran ...god described hem self the evolver ...and described the evolution proccess all along ...
and in the 14th century one of the brightest muslim scientists in his time ibn khaldon described evolution in even more details than darwin ...
basically ...science says how ...religion says why .....i believe evolution is true.....but it was also guided ...
anasawad wrote:true...it shows close relation...but that same relation shows with other species as well.....basically we have part of everything...
which brings further doubts to the ancestry topic.....
the same records supporting a common ancestry can also be used in a different context to support an extinct different ancestor ...

i think creationists and evolutionists isn't much accurate description for me ....
as far as my self and many others who dug into it came to result .....
'm a muslim ...there for i believe in god.....by studying quran ...god described hem self the evolver ...and described the evolution proccess all along ...
and in the 14th century one of the brightest muslim scientists in his time ibn khaldon described evolution in even more details than darwin ...
basically ...science says how ...religion says why .....i believe evolution is true.....but it was also guided ...

Guided by your god? If that was the case I would say he did a rather sloppy job, especially with humans. Oh sure humans have fairly fantastic cognitive powers but we are also prone to a great number of obvious defects, from hare-lips to hemophilia. A fairly recent (some millions of years ago) hybridisation event in our evolution explains both our tendency to defects as well as all our special differences with apes, why posit the tinkering by a sloppy god?
well.....
few points...
1-this is not a debate about my believes...
2-this is not a debate about god ..
3-you see sloppiness i see perfection ......but again this is not a debate about personal views...
4-health and sickness has a wisdom in the philosophy of life....and again..this is not a debate about life philosophy or wisdom ...
5- this debate is about the evolutionary proccess....the ancestry of humans ...and the similarities and differences between us and other creatures....

unless you have a specific informational debate to add about the topic ....then its not the place for you to criticizes anyone or any type of believes ...
anasawad wrote:yes....all the talk about the link between chimps and humans...which as much as many people try...still seems illogical ....

Not at all. In fact if you accept the theory of evolution then they must be related, the question need only be when they split off, not if.

The Smithsonian Institute wrote:While the genetic difference between individual humans today is minuscule – about 0.1%, on average – study of the same aspects of the chimpanzee genome indicates a difference of about 1.2%. The bonobo (Pan paniscus), which is the close cousin of chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes), differs from humans to the same degree. The DNA difference with gorillas, another of the African apes, is about 1.6%. Most importantly, chimpanzees, bonobos, and humans all show this same amount of difference from gorillas. A difference of 3.1% distinguishes us and the African apes from the Asian great ape, the orangutan. How do the monkeys stack up? All of the great apes and humans differ from rhesus monkeys, for example, by about 7% in their DNA.

Geneticists have come up with a variety of ways of calculating the percentages, which give different impressions about how similar chimpanzees and humans are. The 1.2% chimp-human distinction, for example, involves a measurement of only substitutions in the base building blocks of those genes that chimpanzees and humans share. A comparison of the entire genome, however, indicates that segments of DNA have also been deleted, duplicated over and over, or inserted from one part of the genome into another. When these differences are counted, there is an additional 4 to 5% distinction between the human and chimpanzee genomes.

No matter how the calculation is done, the big point still holds: humans, chimpanzees, and bonobos are more closely related to one another than either is to gorillas or any other primate. From the perspective of this powerful test of biological kinship, humans are not only related to the great apes – we are one. The DNA evidence leaves us with one of the greatest surprises in biology: the wall between human, on the one hand, and ape or animal, on the other, has been breached. The human evolutionary tree is embedded within the great apes.

Now if that doesn't satisfy you, just trace the lineage of the homo genus back to the Australopithecus genus. They looked a lot more similar to great apes. This idea that we are anything more than a species of ape is absurd to me, regardless of whether or not you want to bring God into that equation. Which I see you have said that your God has nothing to do with this: I completely agree.

anasawad wrote:we share core traits with many animals....yet not so much with apes.....tissues for example....

You're quibbling over relatively minor details. We share a lot of genetic, social, and intelligence similarities with apes. The problem is you're approaching this from a flawed perspective. I think we need to acknowledge some things.

1) Humans, and all other life, spawned initially from one celled organisms.
2) These gave way to multi-celled organisms, of which we all ultimately relate.
3) This is the basis of taxonomy, which allows us to relate all species together biologically.
4) Even if God created humans, he had to have done so from these natural methods, which means he is out of the equation entirely.
5) If we start at humans, we can eventually trace our way back to the single celled organisms that gave way to every form of life on the planet.
6) This gives way to taxonomy.
7) Therefore, the question is not "do humans have any relation to apes" but "what relation do humans have with apes", since in fact humans, by definition of being a part of the animal kingdom, relate to all other living organisms on Earth in some form or fashion, the subset of which includes apes which further includes chimpanzees.

Now, given their genetic similarities and their similar geographical origin over a similar amount of time, we can assume they must share a common ancestor that gave rise to both species sometime relatively recently on the "geographical" timescale. In other words, if we consider that the age of the universe is 12 billion, the age of the Earth is 6 billion, 5 million years ago should be considered recent. That part is more speculation. That they are common ancestors of the single celled organisms that predates us all must be agreed upon though, because it's the only thing that could have possibly happened given magic doesn't exist.

which is?

That is one man's theory, that the man himself noted has not gotten much scientific backing. That's how science works. People propose theories and others criticized them. You have presented no theories, only presented mostly unfounded criticism.

You said "evolution did happen". So please, tell me if any of the numbered above you disagree with. I don't think any of that is out of line at all, and it will provide a reasonable basis for this discussion to proceed.
you just stated that all life came from one source ...and thus one gene pool....which is exactly the point...
-the idea of 99% simillarity is not only not accurate as the percentage goes from 90-98% between researches ...and we do still share 35% with daffodil which is a flower ....so the whole idea of similarity purely on genetics is logically meaningless....
and in terms of other comparisons....
-apes do have social skills that can relate to humans ...but based on the comparison used....you could relate many social skills to many other animals....our very basic instinct we share we many animals .....mostly among predators as far as i recall....

-even our stem cells work differently and thus all our cells work entirely different from apes.....i believe the latest research about it was in science daily from university of california ....about the bio-chemical structure ,,,,we also differ in the working mechanism of genetics with apes ...also from science daily .

-the missing link is 1 million year gap in the acclaimed evolution timeline......this time gap is also where the said speciation happened and hominids started ......
this shows that the common ancestry is based on speculations and on proclaimed evidence that in it self can prove that we came from different ancestry .....
the similarities between humans and apes based on evolutionary theories can also be said parallel evolution ...
infact looking at the genetic similarities in the animal kingdom at whole .....it is more probable that it is parallel evolution than speciation
I think that someone is telling 'porkies' here, but bestiality is obviously not confined to perverted humans.

Just curious as to why you would resurrect a year old thread just to make this comment? :?:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

He was "one of the good ones". Of cours[…]

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]