Race war in America imminent - Page 24 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Theories and happenings too odd for the main forums.
Drlee wrote:If they are young men it is often because they are too frightened to join the opposition to the regime that is oppressing them and their families. They would prefer to take cover in the US until young Americans liberate their countries.

Perhaps many of them are gay, which is a no-no in many countries
Pants-of-dog wrote:I got the impression he was embarrassed by his error in thinking they were from the US and not Haiti.

We shall see if he ever answers.

I don't recall reading anything about refugees or illegals from Haiti wondering across the border into Canada. You are the first to mention Haiti.

He actually said that he didn't care were they were from originally, but that he did not want them coming into Canada. Beside Haiti does not have a border with Canada. The USA is the only country that has a border with Canada. So you need to check your geography.
Hindsite wrote:I don't recall reading anything about refugees or illegals from Haiti wondering across the border into Canada. You are the first to mention Haiti.

Yes, I am not surprised that you have read no news articles on the subject we are discussing.

He actually said that he didn't care were they were from originally, but that he did not want them coming into Canada. Beside Haiti does not have a border with Canada. The USA is the only country that has a border with Canada. So you need to check your geography.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ ... -1.4235218

Canadian Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen is discouraging asylum seekers trying to enter Canada from the U.S., urging them to apply in the country in which they first land.

In an interview Friday with CBC, Hussen said "irregular" crossings at Canada's borders with the U.S. aren't a new phenomenon, but Canada doesn't want to promote the practice.

Why are thousands of Haitians streaming into Canada from the U.S.?
    "We discourage people from conducting irregular crossings of our borders," he said. "It's not safe, it's not something that we want people to do. We want people to claim asylum in the first country that they're in, which in this case is the U.S."

Immigration 20170221
    'We discourage people from conducting irregular crossings of our borders,' Hussen said Friday from Ottawa. 'It's not safe, it's not something that we want people to do.' (Adrian Wyld/Canadian Press)

The number of asylum seekers, most of them Haitian, crossing illegally near the Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle, Que., border crossing has tripled in the past two weeks — from about 50 a day to 200 a day, according to Hussen.

"We remain an open and compassionate country, but part of remaining that way is reassuring Canadians that we are processing properly all these new arrivals."

It's believed Haitians may be flocking to Canada before the special status granted to Haitians by U.S. President Barack Obama in the aftermath of the 2010 earthquake is withdrawn in January.

Feds, province confident they can handle influx of asylum seekers in Quebec
    Waves of asylum seekers keep coming at illegal border crossing in Quebec
    U.S. President Donald Trump's administration has threatened to end temporary protected status for Haitians, which would mean those who were covered by the program could be deported.

Hussen said Haitians in the U.S. should stay and apply there for refugee status. Canada already permits deportations to Haiti.

You are welcome.
Faith Goldy: The Coming Millennial Civil War

Published on Apr 5, 2017
Faith Goldy of TheRebel.media predicts that young people are growing more politicized and divided, with serious consequences.

Hindsite wrote:Okay, I understand your confusion now. Yes, let him answer, if he wishes to do so. However, I got the impression he was tired of dealing with your questions.

BINGO!

Ya...I get tired of dealing with POD and his "techniques".
As you noted, I don't give a rat's ass where these "refugees" from the USA originated from.

POD despises my views towards the Muslim refugees "Pixey-Dust" is allowing into our country, hence wants to lead the discussion in that direction in order to make some sort of big moral proclamation.

It's OK though. I understand his reasoning. I just don't agree with it.
You are the one who brought up the Haitian illegal immigrants (here)

I have no idea why, since they seem so different. One group is Muslim, while the other is probably Christian. One is Arab, the other is black. One is a group of refugees who have albeen vetted by immigration, while the other is a group of illegal immigrants who happen to have walked across the border.
Pants-of-dog wrote:You are the one who brought up the Haitian illegal immigrants (here)

I have no idea why, since they seem so different. One group is Muslim, while the other is probably Christian. One is Arab, the other is black. One is a group of refugees who have albeen vetted by immigration, while the other is a group of illegal immigrants who happen to have walked across the border.

OK so this is what
I wrote: Really? All the "refugees" who are wondering across the boarder in Manitoba and Quebec, from their homes, jobs and lives in the USA, are "refugees"?
Before you answer...my wife became a "refugee" when she arrived from the Eastern Blok in the '80's.
By the time her case came up, the Velvet Revolution had happened, and her claim was denied.
So now explain to me, how all the US residents and/or citizens, are not here illegally and shouldn't be sent back?

You just don't get it, do ya.
OK let's try again...

I am dead set against the Muslim Refugee Immigration Program here in Canada.
I would like to be able to claim this has nothing to do with any racist attitude I may have, but I'm not sure myself of that, so I won't. What I am sure of, is that these people, no matter how well the government claims they are vetted, are dangerous. And to me, the danger lies in two main places:
1. They are refugees from a land that we have turned into a war zone. Hence, they aren't terribly pleased with us.
2. While all Muslim people are obviously not terrorists, it appears most terrorists happen to be Muslims.

As for whoever is streaming across the boarder from the US, they are illegal migrants and need to be sent packing, as is the law.
Buzz62 wrote:As for whoever is streaming across the boarder from the US, they are illegal migrants and need to be sent packing, as is the law.

That depends. If they claim asylum, then we may have certain obligations. Though, since they passed through the USA, that may be moot. All that to say that the legal situation may be more complicated than you describe.

But as far as I can tell, the two subjects have nothing to do with each other.

OK so this is what
You just don't get it, do ya.
OK let's try again...

I am dead set against the Muslim Refugee Immigration Program here in Canada.

You have made that very clear. Please note that this is your opinion, so beyond noting that this is your opinion and otherwise ignoring it, there is not much to say.

I would like to be able to claim this has nothing to do with any racist attitude I may have, but I'm not sure myself of that, so I won't.

See above.

What I am sure of, is that these people, no matter how well the government claims they are vetted, are dangerous. And to me, the danger lies in two main places:
1. They are refugees from a land that we have turned into a war zone. Hence, they aren't terribly pleased with us.

Canada turned Syria into a war zone?

No.

2. While all Muslim people are obviously not terrorists, it appears most terrorists happen to be Muslims.

Please provide evidence for this claim. Thank you.
Pants-of-dog wrote:That depends. If they claim asylum, then we may have certain obligations. Though, since they passed through the USA, that may be moot. All that to say that the legal situation may be more complicated than you describe.

OK well, that may or may not be the case.

Pants-of-dog wrote:But as far as I can tell, the two subjects have nothing to do with each other.

As I have said, Canada is not a dumping ground.

Pants-of-dog wrote:You have made that very clear. Please note that this is your opinion, so beyond noting that this is your opinion and otherwise ignoring it, there is not much to say.

Agreed. We all...ok well most of us anyway...would like to believe we are not racist.
However, I believe racism is an extension of a natural survival instinct all humans have.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Canada turned Syria into a war zone?

No.

Please provide evidence for this claim. Thank you.

Canada played a supporting role in Iraq.
We played the lead in Afghanistan for many years.
Both had direct effects on the Syrian issue, as ISIS has taken advantage of the vacuum we all created. n'est pas?
Buzz62 wrote:....

As I have said, Canada is not a dumping ground.

So the whole reason you brought them up was so that you can tell us all your opinion in a rude and bombastic way. Great.

Agreed. We all...ok well most of us anyway...would like to believe we are not racist.
However, I believe racism is an extension of a natural survival instinct all humans have.

I have already explained why I am ignoring this.

Canada played a supporting role in Iraq.

Which time? There were several wars in Iraq.

We played the lead in Afghanistan for many years.

We did play a decisive role. This is no longer the case.

Both had direct effects on the Syrian issue, as ISIS has taken advantage of the vacuum we all created. n'est pas?

Please provide evidence that this very tenuous relationship is important to Syrian refugees.

Because when I point out even stronger ties between Islamic terrorism and western military interventions, many right wingers ignore it.
Pants-of-dog wrote:So the whole reason you brought them up was so that you can tell us all your opinion in a rude and bombastic way. Great.

Rude? POD, immigration to Canada is a PRIVILEGE, not a right of some kind.

Pants-of-dog wrote:I have already explained why I am ignoring this.

Ignoring...
POD if all you wanna do is feel good about everything, then by all means, ignore away.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Which time? There were several wars in Iraq.

What the fuck difference does it make?

Pants-of-dog wrote:We did play a decisive role. This is no longer the case.

Split that hair good...

Pants-of-dog wrote:Please provide evidence that this very tenuous relationship is important to Syrian refugees.

Because when I point out even stronger ties between Islamic terrorism and western military interventions, many right wingers ignore it.

Ya well I'm not "many right wingers". In fact, I don't consider myself a right winger at all.
Anyway Syria...
We (The West for the most part, but then there was that joke of a coalition Bush had) essentially turned Babylon on it's head. In our wake, both politically and militarily, there was a vacuum of power. The government Bush installed was a public joke, and the military was in disarray. From that vacuum and a heaping helping of outright hatred for anything "western", ISIS came to being, and spread into Syria. This greatly aggravated an already shitty situation between Bashar al-Assad and a good percentage of the public. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think allot of this also came about, in Syria anyway, by the death of his dad Hafez in 2000 and a reactionary movement that was brewing against him.

Anyway...the mind wonders...
The point is...the Iraq wars...both of them I'd say...greatly contributed to the creation of ISIS, thus greatly complicating the Syrian conflict, and helping justify "refugees".
If you are talking about the Iraq war where Saddam Hussein was ousted from power, then no, Canada was not involved in any significant way.

So, it seems you have no evidence to support your fear of Syrian refugees.
Pants-of-dog wrote:If you are talking about the Iraq war where Saddam Hussein was ousted from power, then no, Canada was not involved in any significant way.

So, it seems you have no evidence to support your fear of Syrian refugees.

Ya know...it's times like these when a person can feel quite justified in saying...

PFFT...
Pants-of-dog wrote:You are the one who brought up the Haitian illegal immigrants (here)

Your link does not point to anything that says "Haitian".
I still believe you are the first to mention "Haitian".
Canada's relation to the Iraq War that began in 2003 was unlike Canada's role in the 2001 invasion of Afghanistan because it was far less direct. About a hundred Canadian exchange officers, on exchange to American units, participated in the invasion of Iraq.[2] It has been reported that Canadian troops in the region numbered fewer than only three other participating countries.[3] The War also affected Canada in the form of protests and counter-protests related to the conflict, and United States Military members who sought refuge in the country after deserting their posts to avoid deployment to Iraq—but who, unlike as with the Vietnam War, were mostly returned by Canada forthwith to the United States.

Though no declaration of war was issued, the Governor General-in-Council did order the mobilization of a number of Canadian Forces personnel to serve actively in Iraq.[2] On 31 March 2003, it was reported in Maclean's that in the previous month Canadian officers, aboard three frigates and a destroyer, had been placed in command of the multinational naval group Task Force 151, which patrolled the Persian Gulf region. A further 30 Canadians worked at the US Central Command in Qatar, and 150 troops were on exchange with US and British forces in proximity to combat.[4] North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) stationed Canadian Air Force pilots also flew combat missions with the US Air Force E-3 Sentry, and exchange officers fought with US units. Canadian pilots also flew Boeing C-17s into Iraq to "season" the flight crews.[9] In all, 40 to 50 Canadian military members participated in the conflict.-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_and_the_Iraq_War
Hindsite wrote:Your link does not point to anything that says "Haitian".
I still believe you are the first to mention "Haitian".

I can explain it to you for a third time, if you want, but you can also just read the previous two times I explained this to you.

----------------

Yes, Buzz, we had a very limited (almost non-existent) support role.

We did not do any fighting nor were we responsible for any policy that created a power vacuum.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, Buzz, we had a very limited (almost non-existent) support role.

We did not do any fighting nor were we responsible for any policy that created a power vacuum.

Wait...
Were our forces there? Yes.
Were they there to support the existing regime? No.

Why are we debating this?
Pants-of-dog wrote:I can explain it to you for a third time, if you want, but you can also just read the previous two times I explained this to you.

No, you do not have to explain it to me again, because I am confident that it will be bogus too.
Buzz62 wrote:Wait...
Were our forces there? Yes.
Were they there to support the existing regime? No.

Why are we debating this?

We are debating this because you are attempting (and failing) to prove that Syrian refugees will want to commit terrorist violence because of Canadian involvement in the Iraq war that deposed Hussein.

an era when Europeans were more educated and inte[…]

I was quite explicit that the words are not by the[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

We were once wild before wheat and other grains do[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Israeli government could have simply told UNRW[…]