Scientific Totalitarianism (our future post 2020) - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Theories and happenings too odd for the main forums.
Welcome to 2030. I own nothing, have no privacy, and life has never been better

Welcome to the year 2030. Welcome to my city - or should I say, "our city". I don't own anything. I don't own a car. I don't own a house. I don't own any appliances or any clothes.

It might seem odd to you, but it makes perfect sense for us in this city. Everything you considered a product, has now become a service. We have access to transportation, accommodation, food and all the things we need in our daily lives. One by one all these things became free, so it ended up not making sense for us to own much.

First communication became digitized and free to everyone. Then, when clean energy became free, things started to move quickly. Transportation dropped dramatically in price. It made no sense for us to own cars anymore, because we could call a driverless vehicle or a flying car for longer journeys within minutes. We started transporting ourselves in a much more organized and coordinated way when public transport became easier, quicker and more convenient than the car. Now I can hardly believe that we accepted congestion and traffic jams, not to mention the air pollution from combustion engines. What were we thinking?

Sometimes I use my bike when I go to see some of my friends. I enjoy the exercise and the ride. It kind of gets the soul to come along on the journey. Funny how some things seem never seem to lose their excitement: walking, biking, cooking, drawing and growing plants. It makes perfect sense and reminds us of how our culture emerged out of a close relationship with nature.
"Environmental problems seem far away"

In our city we don't pay any rent, because someone else is using our free space whenever we do not need it. My living room is used for business meetings when I am not there.

Once in awhile, I will choose to cook for myself. It is easy - the necessary kitchen equipment is delivered at my door within minutes. Since transport became free, we stopped having all those things stuffed into our home. Why keep a pasta-maker and a crepe cooker crammed into our cupboards? We can just order them when we need them.

This also made the breakthrough of the circular economy easier. When products are turned into services, no one has an interest in things with a short life span. Everything is designed for durability, repairability and recyclability. The materials are flowing more quickly in our economy and can be transformed to new products pretty easily. Environmental problems seem far away, since we only use clean energy and clean production methods. The air is clean, the water is clean and nobody would dare to touch the protected areas of nature because they constitute such value to our well being. In the cities we have plenty of green space and plants and trees all over. I still do not understand why in the past we filled all free spots in the city with concrete.

The death of shopping

Shopping? I can't really remember what that is. For most of us, it has been turned into choosing things to use. Sometimes I find this fun, and sometimes I just want the algorithm to do it for me. It knows my taste better than I do by now.

When AI and robots took over so much of our work, we suddenly had time to eat well, sleep well and spend time with other people. The concept of rush hour makes no sense anymore, since the work that we do can be done at any time. I don't really know if I would call it work anymore. It is more like thinking-time, creation-time and development-time.

For a while, everything was turned into entertainment and people did not want to bother themselves with difficult issues. It was only at the last minute that we found out how to use all these new technologies for better purposes than just killing time.

"They live different kinds of lives outside of the city"

My biggest concern is all the people who do not live in our city. Those we lost on the way. Those who decided that it became too much, all this technology. Those who felt obsolete and useless when robots and AI took over big parts of our jobs. Those who got upset with the political system and turned against it. They live different kind of lives outside of the city. Some have formed little self-supplying communities. Others just stayed in the empty and abandoned houses in small 19th century villages.

Once in awhile I get annoyed about the fact that I have no real privacy. No where I can go and not be registered. I know that, somewhere, everything I do, think and dream of is recorded. I just hope that nobody will use it against me.

All in all, it is a good life. Much better than the path we were on, where it became so clear that we could not continue with the same model of growth. We had all these terrible things happening: lifestyle diseases, climate change, the refugee crisis, environmental degradation, completely congested cities, water pollution, air pollution, social unrest and unemployment. We lost way too many people before we realised that we could do things differently.

Auken, Ida. "Welcome to 2030. I Own Nothing, Have No Privacy, and Life Has Never Been Better." http://www.weforum.org. World Economic Forum, 11 Nov. 2016. Web. 7 Dec. 2016.

This article reads like a 6th-8th grader's utopian fantasy. :roll:
By RhetoricThug
One day you'll enjoy getting chipped, because you're tired of typing in numerous passwords and secret questions.

(i) the criteria used to determine which individuals would benefit from the use of a tracking device;

(ii) the criteria used to determine who should have direct access to the tracking system; and

(iii) which non-invasive and non-permanent types of tracking devices can be used in compliance with the standards and best practices; and

(B) establish standards and best practices the Attorney General determines are necessary to the administration of a tracking system, including procedures to—

(i) safeguard the privacy of the data used by the tracking device such that—

(I) access to the data is restricted to law enforcement and health agencies determined necessary by the Attorney General; and

(II) collection, use, and retention of the data is solely for the purpose of preventing injury or death to the patient assigned the tracking device or caused by the patient assigned the tracking device;

(ii) establish criteria to determine whether use of the tracking device is the least restrictive alternative in order to prevent risk of injury or death before issuing the tracking device, including the previous consideration of less restrictive alternatives;

(iii) provide training for law enforcement agencies to recognize signs of abuse during interactions with applicants for tracking devices;

(iv) protect the civil rights and liberties of the individuals who use tracking devices, including their rights under the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States;

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-con ... /4919/text
Do you understand what art is, at its core? Perception--->Will---->Action. Material reality reflects the noosphere. The noosphere reflects material reality. Leonardo da Vinci wanted to fly because he observed the birds, Aldous Huxley wrote Brave New World because of eugenics, Yevgeny Zamyatin wrote WE because of Stalin, PKD had visions of the future, the mind and material reality are not separate realms of experience. Hopefully we'll understand the connection sometime during the 21st century.

A lot of folks like to file away items of the imagination under 'entertainment,' because fictional ideas entertain possible realities. Yet, we fail to recognize art as psychological interior, gateways to our collective imagination. If video game designers are making things like the Deus Ex series, perhaps leading scientists are researching/developing the technologies found within the Deus Ex series?

Researchers Create Wolverine-Inspired Self-Healing, Stretchable And Highly Conductive Material

Imagine a material that, when cut, can repair itself — à la Wolverine from “X-Men” — and is transparent, extremely stretchable, as well as highly conductive. Scientists believe that such a material, if developed, can be used — among other things — to create “self-healing” robots and to increase the life of lithium-ion batteries.

A team of researchers described, in a study published Friday in the journal Advanced Materials, the creation of such an ionic conductor — one that is transparent, stretchable and self-healing. The rubber-like material can stretch to a staggering 50 times its original length, and can “heal” in a span of just 24 hours after being cut at room temperature. Moreover, just five minutes after healing, it can be stretched to two times its original length.

http://www.ibtimes.com/researchers-crea ... ve-2465412
Case & point...
I have never enjoyed dystopian stories. I prefer to imagine a future of human advance and success (not only technological). If we all did, then maybe that would be the future we get. Star Trek fans get it. :D
The world’s largest hedge fund is building a piece of software to automate the day-to-day management of the firm, including hiring, firing and other strategic decision-making.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=167506

Giant Corporations Are Hoarding the World’s AI Talent
https://www.wired.com/2016/11/giant-cor ... ai-talent/

A man who worked at Google as a product manager in its Nest division is now suing the company over what he and his lawyer describe as an internal "spying program."
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/g ... -program-/

"Well basically, you end up spending the majority of your life eating Google food, with Google coworkers, wearing Google gear, talking in Google acronyms, sending Google emails on Google phones, and you eventually start to lose sight of what it's like to be independent of the big G, and every corner of your life is set up to reinforce the idea that you would be absolutely insane to want to be anywhere else."
https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-nega ... id=1080239

“Avatars are going to form the foundation of your identity in VR,” said Oculus platform product manager Lauren Vegter after the demo. “This is the very first time that technology has made this level of presence possible.”

But as the tech industry continues to build VR’s social future, the very systems that enable immersive experiences are already establishing new forms of shockingly intimate surveillance. Once they are in place, researchers warn, the psychological aspects of digital embodiment — combined with the troves of data that consumer VR products can freely mine from our bodies, like head movements and facial expressions — will give corporations and governments unprecedented insight and power over our emotions and physical behavior.

The value of collecting physiological and behavioral data is all too obvious for Silicon Valley firms like Facebook, whose data scientists in 2012 conducted an infamous study titled “Experimental evidence of massive-scale emotional contagion through social networks,” in which they secretly modified users’ news feeds to include positive or negative content and thus affected the emotional state of their posts. As one chief data scientist at an unnamed Silicon Valley company told Harvard business professor Shoshanna Zuboff: “The goal of everything we do is to change people’s actual behavior at scale. … We can capture their behaviors, identify good and bad behaviors, and develop ways to reward the good and punish the bad.”

https://theintercept.com/2016/12/23/vir ... lance-yet/

Laplace's Demon (bioelectrically engineering planet Earth)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=166559
“The goal of everything we do is to change people’s actual behavior at scale. … We can capture their behaviors, identify good and bad behaviors, and develop ways to reward the good and punish the bad.”

Like labeling things 'fake news'. I have a difficult time understanding how a person can be so disturbed they believe they have the answers to 'good' and 'bad' for everyone. :?:
PoFo should start reading my threads, because the information I'm covering is more relevant than half the stuff people are posting elsewhere.
One Degree wrote:Star Trek fans get it. :D

Lawrence says that a second machine age could create a "Star Trek-like" era of widespread abundance, but could alternatively "radically concentrate economic power" in a scenario more akin to the "hierarchical machine world of the Matrix" if the wrong type of institutions are created, and the wrong kind of politics are pursued.

The report forms part of a growing global consensus that advances in automation and robotics could destroy large numbers of jobs across a range of industries.

Obama's White House claimed in December that AI could drive up inequality, and wipe out the need for human labour in industries such as lorry-driving and manufacturing.

The World Economic Forum (WEF) predicted a "Fourth Industrial Revolution" in January this year, and said that automation would destroy 6 million jobs by 2020.

Lawrence argues that automating technologies risk entrenching a "new form of economic feudalism," whereby "those who own the robots will reap the rewards, the rest will struggle as human labour becomes less important in the production process."

To counter such an outcome, Lawrence says that automation must become "politicised," with higher wage floors, an education system that promotes creativity and skills that complement machines, and a shorter working week to fairly share productivity gains, and potentially even a universal basic income to supplement labour market income.

Changes to the labour market's make-up are already underway. Walmart, the US Department for Defense, and FoxConn, a key manufacturing partner for Apple and Google, and Amazon have all begun replacing parts of their labour force with automated processes.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ippr-aut ... ?r=UK&IR=T

I don't know what I have to do to get people talking about this stuff, makes you wonder... Who really runs this forum, eh? I watch views rise and replies dwindle.
By RhetoricThug
In reality, all subjects interconnect and influence the outcome or result of human perception. The human sensorium may be fooled by mechanistic macro-properties because it must invent tools to extend its investigation in order to comprehend the micro-collisions which cause visible macro-properties. All THINGS must pass through portals to obtain and sustain their visible and naked characteristics. In other words, the photon (wave/particle) is one medium, the electron is one medium, the proton, etc, working together in harmony to determine the outcome of the-thing-in-itself.

In 1609, Galileo invented the telescope and saw our cosmos in an entirely new way. He proved the theory that Earth and other planets in our solar system revolve around the Sun, which until then was impossible to observe. IBM Research continues this work through the pursuit of new scientific instruments – whether physical devices or advanced software tools – designed to make what’s invisible in our world visible, from the macroscopic level down to the nanoscale.

Consider five innovations that will change our lives in the next five years:

http://www.research.ibm.com/5-in-5/

Say goodbye to creative freedom
Artificially intelligent thought police? Better lock up Thomas Pynchon & Stephen King :lol:

In five years, what we say and write will be used as indicators of our mental health and physical wellbeing. Patterns in our speech and writing analyzed by new cognitive systems will provide tell-tale signs of early-stage developmental disorders, mental illness and degenerative neurological diseases that can help doctors and patients better predict, monitor and track these conditions.

Cognitive computers will analyze a patient’s speech or written words to look for tell-tale indicators found in language, including meaning, syntax and intonation. Combining the results of these measurements with those from wearables devices and imaging systems (MRIs and EEGs) can paint a more complete picture of the individual for health professionals to better identify, understand and treat the underlying disease, be it Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, Huntington’s disease, PTSD or even neurodevelopmental conditions such as autism and ADHD.

Be seeing you

In five years, new imaging devices using hyperimaging technology and AI will help us see broadly beyond the domain of visible light by combining multiple bands of the electromagnetic spectrum to reveal valuable insights or potential dangers that would otherwise be unknown or hidden from view. Most importantly, these devices will be portable, affordable and accessible, so superhero vision can be part of our everyday experiences.

More than 99.9 percent of the electromagnetic spectrum cannot be observed by the naked eye. Over the last 100 years, scientists have built instruments that can emit and sense energy at different wavelengths. Today, we rely on some of these to take medical images of our body, see the cavity inside our tooth, check our bags at the airport, or land a plane in fog. However, these instruments are incredibly specialized and expensive and only see across specific portions of the electromagnetic spectrum.

A view of the invisible or vaguely visible physical phenomena all around us could help make road and traffic conditions clearer for drivers and self-driving cars. For example, using millimeter wave imaging, a camera and other sensors, hyperimaging technology could help a car see through fog or rain, detect hazardous and hard-to-see road conditions such as black ice, or tell us if there is some object up ahead and its distance and size. Cognitive computing technologies will reason about this data and recognize what might be a tipped over garbage can versus a deer crossing the road, or a pot hole that could result in a flat tire.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=166559

In five years, we will use machine-learning algorithms and software to help us organize the information about the physical world to help bring the vast and complex data gathered by billions of devices within the range of our vision and understanding. We call this a "macroscope" – but unlike the microscope to see the very small, or the telescope that can see far away, it is a system of software and algorithms to bring all of Earth's complex data together to analyze it by space and time for meaning.

Get Chipped

In 5 years, new medical labs on a chip will serve as nanotechnology health detectives – tracing invisible clues in our bodily fluids and letting us know immediately if we have reason to see a doctor. The goal is to shrink down to a single silicon chip all of the processes necessary to analyze a disease that would normally be carried out in a full-scale biochemistry lab.

In five years, new, affordable sensing technologies deployed near natural gas extraction wells, around storage facilities, and along distribution pipelines will enable the industry to pinpoint invisible leaks in real-time.

:roll:

Science will sterilize the individual and end evolution

Dr Kozubek said a world without depression, autism, schizophrenia or Asperger’s might also mean one without the likes of playwright Tennessee Williams, as figures show that writers are ten times more like to suffer from bipolar than the general population and poets are 40 times more likely to be diagnosed with it.

Dr Kozubek said: “Thomas Edison was ‘addled’ and kicked out of school. Tennessee Williams, as a teenager on the boulevards of Paris felt afraid of ‘the process of thought’ and came within ‘a hairsbreadth of going quite mad’.

“Scientists tend to think of variations in life as problems to be solved, deviations and abnormalities outside of a normal curve."

“In reality, Darwin showed us that evolution does not progress toward an ideal concept or model, but rather is a work of tinkering toward adaptation in local niches.”

The expert added that autism should be thought of as a "gift" which has been passed on through human genes over millions of years.

His comments come after a man in China became the first to be injected with modified immune cells which had been engineered to fight his lung cancer using a technique called Crispr last month.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/747 ... uses-earth

Sorry Nikola Tesla, John Nash, etc, we gotta edit your genes and make you 'normal.' The artificially intelligent computer says you're crazy and we need to operate... "Alternating what? Perpetual motion schemes? You're crazy Tesla, we need to fix you."

"You must conform Mr. Nash, the computer model says you're not normal, you must conform to everything we think we know."

"Fuck evolution, we're the final generation! We know everything! We ARE GODZ BRO." :knife:

"Shut up Galileo, the Earth is the center of the universe! Take your medicine LOlOOlOLOLOLLOL WHACK JOB! We must cure your crazy talk."
Stratospheric Aerosol Injection (global dimming)

World Economic Forum 2017

:borg:

In Era of Trump, China’s President Champions Economic Globalization

DAVOS, Switzerland — In a world troubled by grave uncertainties over the basics governing trade, security and the mission to limit climate change, President Xi Jinping of China on Tuesday portrayed his nation as a responsible global citizen dedicated to furthering international integration.

That a leader of the People’s Republic of China can stake a claim to the mantle of leadership in the realm of free trade speaks to the unforeseen, even surreal alteration of the global order in recent months.

His message, delivered here in the Swiss Alps at the annual gathering of the World Economic Forum, appeared meticulously timed to the tumultuous moment at hand. He was speaking three days before Donald J. Trump was to be inaugurated president of the United States, raising the prospect of a trade war with China, and on the same day that Prime Minister Theresa May of Britain outlined plans to pursue her country’s departure from the European Union.

The Chinese leader used his moment to make an expansive case for globalization as a source of prosperity. He never mentioned Mr. Trump by name, nor did he even make reference to the fact that the White House is about to gain a new occupant. Yet his speech resonated as a rebuke of the trajectory that the president-elect has promised — not least, his repeated threat of steep tariffs on Chinese goods as a response to what he portrays as predatory trade practices.

“Pursuing protectionism is just like locking oneself in a dark room,” the Chinese president declared. “While wind and rain may be kept outside, so are light and air. No one will emerge as a winner in a trade war.”

In myriad ways, Mr. Xi is a strikingly ill-fitting steward of openness and connectivity.

Under his direction, China’s Communist Party has clamped down severely on civil society, tightening restrictions on the internet and jailing scores of lawyers focused on using the country’s own laws to defend the rights of aggrieved people. He has projected China’s navy into contested waters in the South China and East China Seas.

Throughout his speech, Mr. Xi carefully used the phrase “economic globalization,” while avoiding unqualified “globalization,” reflecting China’s spurning of an open internet, universal human rights and free elections.

Indeed, the metaphor he used to reject protectionism — “like locking oneself in a dark room” — could just as well have been used to describe China’s political path under his leadership, with the Communist Party overtly guiding a campaign to restrict the influence of what it labels Western notions such as democracy. This month, China’s top judge delivered a speech sharply criticizing the idea of an independent judiciary, which he said must be “resolutely rejected.”

Not for nothing, China carries a reputation as a country willing to bend the norms of global commerce when such a course suits its interests. Steel producers around the globe complain that Beijing dumps its steel on world markets at prices lower than the cost of raw materials, costing jobs at mills from Italy to Indiana.

But the populist ferment refashioning the global order has made previously unthinkable roles possible. In the United States, the supposed citadel of free market enterprise, a wealthy real estate magnate has captured the White House on the strength of his appeal as a supposed champion of blue-collar workers. Here in Davos, where technology executives fret about the plight of sub-Saharan Africa while drinking champagne paid for by investment banks, the chairman of the Communist Party of China — an institution that rules in the name of peasant-led revolution — draped himself in the banner of globalization.

None of these details were featured in Mr. Xi’s highly choreographed appearance at the gathering that has become a rite of passage into the ranks of the global elite.

For Klaus Schwab, executive chairman of the World Economic Forum, the participation of China’s president amounted to a public relations coup because it was the first time a Chinese head of state had attended. Mr. Schwab obliged with his trademark soft treatment. He asked no questions, solicited none from the audience, and delivered an introductory address so laudatory that it provoked winces among some in the audience.

“In a world marked by great uncertainty and volatility, the international community is looking to China to continue its responsive and responsible leadership in providing all of us with confidence and stability,” Mr. Schwab said.

That Mr. Xi chose this year to make his debut underscores China’s attempt to improve its international standing just as much of the world appears in turmoil.

The United States is about to inaugurate as president someone who has questioned the relevance of powerful institutions that have anchored the world order for decades, from NATO to the World Trade Organization. Britain is pursuing a fraught divorce from the European Union, dealing a blow to those who have advanced regional integration as a solution to economic and security problems.

The growing electoral strength of populist, anti-European Union parties in France, the Netherlands, Italy and Germany have intensified fears that the union may not endure.

These developments have yielded a gnawing sense that a complex world is suddenly short of adult supervision. Mr. Xi devoted his speech to trying to fill that vacuum, casting China as a trustworthy power in which serious-minded people are taking considered action to address consequential challenges — from climate change to a weak global economy.

“This appears to be a time of uncertainty in the United States, in the U.K.,” said Kai-Fu Lee, a prominent venture capitalist in Beijing who invests in emerging Chinese companies. “The world needs strong leaders to give the world confidence.”

In keeping with the traditions of speeches delivered by senior Chinese officials, Mr. Xi’s address was long on platitudes, tortured metaphors and literary references, while nearly bereft of policy pronouncements.

Yet, in totality, it delivered a striking message: In an era in which the United States and Britain are consumed with recriminations over the strains of globalization, China will continue to tether its fortunes to world trade.

Mr. Trump has picked as a key trade adviser the economist Peter Navarro, who has long portrayed China as a mortal threat to American prosperity. Mr. Trump has threatened to brand the country a currency manipulator, opening the door to punitive tariffs.

Though Beijing has in years past maintained its currency, the renminbi, at artificially low levels to make its goods cheap on world markets, it has in recent months intervened aggressively in the other direction, propping up its value against the dollar.

“China has no intention to boost its trade competitiveness by devaluing the RMB,” Mr. Xi said.

In another implicit rebuke of Mr. Trump, the Chinese president argued forcefully for follow-through on the 2015 Paris climate accord. Mr. Trump has threatened to renounce the deal while naming to his cabinet several people who question the basic scientific consensus on climate change.

“The Paris agreement was hard won,“ Mr. Xi said. “All signatories should stick to it instead of walking away from it, as this is a responsibility we must assume for future generations.”

Mr. Xi was accompanied by an enormous delegation of Chinese officials and business executives who reveled in a moment on the world stage, posing for photos as they awaited the president’s arrival.

In conversations on the sidelines, many expressed concerns about the threats of tariffs from the incoming Trump administration, fearing the consequences of a potential trade war between the world’s two largest economies. But most assumed tough rhetoric would eventually give way to the realities of shared commercial interests.

China relies on access to the United States, the largest consumer market on earth, as the landing place for its exports. The United States depends upon China for a vast range of finished goods.

Jack Ma, founder and executive chairman of Alibaba Group, the Chinese e-commerce giant, said he assumed cooler heads would find a way to avoid trade hostilities.

“I don’t think it will happen,” he said of the hostilities. “It’s going to be a disaster if it does.”

More than a decade has passed since the United States Congress effectively prevented CNOOC, a Chinese state-owned oil company, from buying the American energy company Unocal, branding the merger a threat to national security. Fu Chengyu, CNOOC’s chief executive at that time, pointed to the treatment of the merger as an indication of American hypocrisy on free trade.

But on Tuesday, as he waited for the Chinese president to deliver his address, Mr. Fu, who recently retired from another major Chinese energy company but retains a party post, expressed confidence that Mr. Xi and Mr. Trump would forge common ground.

“Eventually, they will cooperate to get more benefits,” Mr. Fu said. “At the beginning, Trump will say something very harsh. He will try to do something punishing. But this is a double-edged sword. Once he’s in the White House, he will see things differently.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/busi ... ation.html

True Artificial intelligence doesn't exist, technophiles like to misrepresent their deep-systems analysis by using the AI label. AI, or what we call AI today, may be nothing more than the total human intelligence field. Sadly, we treat humans like machines and machines like humans, telling people what to think instead of teaching them how to think.

Don't be fooled by linguistic tricks!

Elon Musk: We'll have to become cyborg hybrids to keep up

Take a longer look at your kids tonight and marvel at what they'll become.

Because what they'll become will likely be a hybrid of flesh and metal.

I deduce this, taking only a few liberties, from the words of famed seer Elon Musk. As CNBC reported, the Tesla and SpaceX CEO spoke on Monday at the World Government Summit in Dubai.

In a wide-ranging chat that covered life, the universe and even the tunnels he's interested in building below major cities, he told the audience: "Over time I think we will probably see a closer merger of biological intelligence and digital intelligence."

That's a more academic way to say: "Hey mom, your kids will grow up to be half-robots."

Musk explained why, to him, this was inevitable: "It's mostly about the bandwidth, the speed of the connection between your brain and the digital version of yourself, particularly output."

No, your digital version of yourself won't be just your selfies and your Facebook updates. You'll start to become one with the technology that will increasingly take on the burden of organizing society.

Technology demands speed. Humans can't keep up. So we have to implant technology into humans. That way, the machines will be happy because the humans will be machines.

This isn't exactly a new idea. It's been peddled for some time by, for example, Google's director of engineering Ray Kurzweil. He believes that, once chips are implanted in human brains, we'll be "godlike."

Well, who's never fancied being a deity, at least for day?

Musk admitted that he's tortured by the sheer notion of life's meaning in the future. He said he finds it more exciting to think he might die on Mars, rather than boring old Earth. He added that the notion of a "symbiosis" between man and machine ought not to sound so strange.

"To some extent, we are already a cyborg," he said. We already use computers and phones and behave as if we're somewhat attached to them, even after death. "If somebody dies, their digital ghost is still around," he said.

Musk admitted, though, that the current developments in AI will mean immediate societal upheaval. Speaking of self-driving technology, for example, he said that driving currently employs many people, "so we need to figure out new roles for what do those people do, but it will be very disruptive and very quick."
More Technically Incorrect

What might those new roles be? There may be no new roles at all. Musk has already floated the idea of a universal basic income for those who are cast aside by technology's rapid progress. Will this cause many humans to be merely the paid idle? Musk didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

The Tesla CEO understands the dangers of an AI that is simply smarter and more powerful than humans. He's one of the financial contributors to OpenAI, a research company that's trying to ensure that we always stay in control of our fate.

But if we become these Toyota Priuses of human-robotic circuitry, what will be left of our (human) selves?

Won't we choose efficiency over feelings, productivity over joy and HAL over Prince Harry?
https://www.cnet.com/news/elon-musk-hum ... nt-summit/

Yeah, keep incrementally nudging...

That's a more academic way to say: "Hey mom, your kids will grow up to be half-robots."

News flash, kids are half robot today due to smart-phone infusion.

Well, who's never fancied being a deity, at least for day?
Yes, elites want to be god. They're technologically externalizing esoteric doctrine.

Musk has already floated the idea of a universal basic income for those who are cast aside by technology's rapid progress. Will this cause many humans to be merely the paid idle? Musk didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
How can we incentivize our plan to phase out the bricks in the wall?

Technology demands speed. Humans can't keep up. So we have to implant technology into humans. That way, the machines will be happy because the humans will be machines.
Monkey man can string together sentences... "Machines will be happy because humans will be machines," thanks for treating your reader like a child, asshole. :roll: Also, HAL 9000 is a metaphysically dangerous metaphor...

Just remember, free will doesn't exist, technological determinism doesn't exist, artificial intelligence is unavoidable, and Technology will save you from being a monkey man, Google-Microsoft-Facebook-BigBrother-Musky-Gates-Matrix-Alien-Technology-Mythology love you and you need to submit and obey to the progress of our future agenda.

I love how pop culture continues to frame this stuff as "cheeky, cute, scientific, hip," etc. In reality, we're half-past human and this is planned obsolescence. Real journalists should be conveying concern instead of reiterating technocratic priest-speak.
The Illuminati are blind initiators. They are the sorcerers of the world who deal in the souls of men and women. They will start WWIII just so that people can appreciate life once again. As the keepers of the furnace of nature they are unable to unite themselves totally with the darkness even though they are high priests of the Satanic Mysteries.

The only thing we can do is be still and know that Christ is Lord.
Last edited by Donna on 15 Feb 2017 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
mikema63 wrote:We have wheels within wheels, we will not be stopped.

I'm poppy.
And this, dear reader, is what artificial intelligence truly looks like. The human plugged in, unaware of its individuality, absorbed by the machine. Artificial intelligence exist inside pre-programmed thought patterns thus AI may never reinvent the wheel. Shallow psychology and blind (r)age make for popular gadgetry, gurgling gimmicks mimicking group-speak. Unfortunately, all levels of the human instinct may be gamed by scientific systems, and in this particular case, mikema63 can be (ob)scene characteristically cloaked by soulless digital mythos.

@Donald Sadly, the mysteries are being sold to the masses through technological messiahs. Resurrection of their technocratic christ, "and the people bowed and prayed to the neon god they made." We will touch the sound of silence.
As profane somnambulists talk bout exoteric experiences, 3D perspectives, Rump tweets, black & white logic games, etc... Scientific Totalitarianism, or the full spectrum dominance of the human domain, gains momentum.

Microsoft’s new coding language is made for quantum computers
By the time the complex machines are ready, you might grasp the tech.

Quantum computing is famously difficult to grasp -- even IBM's "Beginner's Guide" is laughingly opaque. In discussing Microsoft's new initiatives, Bill Gates called the physics "hieroglyphics," and when asked if he could describe it in one sentence, Satya Nadella said "I don't think so. I wish I could."

So, let's just talk about what it can do, then. By taking advantage of the principals of superposition and entanglement, quantum computers can solve certain types of problems exponentially faster than the best supercomputers. "It would allow scientists to do computations in minutes or hours that would take the lifetime of the universe on even the most advanced classical computers," Microsoft explains. "That, in turn, would mean that people could find answers to scientific questions previously thought unanswerable."

https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/26/mic ... computers/

Industry Leaders and Universities Come Together to Discuss the Future of 5G, IoT and Embedded AI at First Fog World CongressOpenFog Consortium and IEEE ComSoc Introduce Fog Computing and Networking...

The OpenFog Consortium (OpenFog) and the IEEE Communications Society (IEEE ComSoc), today introduced Fog World Congress, the first multi-day conference and exhibit on fog computing and networking. The event will take place on Oct. 30-Nov. 1 at the Santa Clara Marriott. The conference features more than 75 speakers, 55 sessions and an exhibit area to showcase the technologies, applications and research enabling new business models in the Internet of Things (IoT), 5G and embedded artificial intelligence (AI).

Fog computing enables rapid, secure processing of critical data-dense applications, addressing inherent challenges that neither cloud nor edge can resolve alone. Fog distributes computing, storage, control and networking services, enabling real-time data analytics, supporting time-critical local control, connecting and protecting vast and diverse resource-constrained devices, and overcoming network bandwidth and availability constraints.

“Supporting complex, emerging systems and applications, such as the IoT, 5G mobile systems, embedded AI, Big Data and edge analytics requires a new computing and networking model,” said Dr. Tao Zhang, OpenFog co-founder, IEEE fellow and general chair of Fog World Congress. “Without fog computing, the vision we have of a future with autonomous cars, advanced drones and an internet of everything simply can’t happen.”

http://markets.businessinsider.com/news ... 1002569037

Stop talking nonsense and pay attention to the technological revolution. This isn't conspiracy theory, but since most folks use 'ABCDE' left brain logic to organize perception, I have to post this in the 'conspiracy theory' section. When will you fully understand how serious this is- It's 2017, and most of my predictions and explanations concerning quantum computing continue to pop up in the headlines.
@maz Yep, China has some scary digital policies in place and their people accept such policies because of the tight information bubble they live in. The global technocracy (although, conventional political labels fail to define this emerging control system) admires the Chinese template, because it can successfully bypass individualism, in the name of security. The West, being founded on literacy and personal individualistic culture (individuality as a side-effect of literacy), will need to be locked down slowly... Remember, historically and technologically speaking, America implemented newer technologies faster than Europe during the industrial revolution because it could foster sovereign creativity better than the old world, whereas Europe had aristocratic baggage that held their people and subsequently technology back (hence why America emerged as an industrial super-power early on during the 20th century, post WW1-WW2). Today, China can take its true 'great leap forward' and foster scientific totalitarianism because it skipped the mechanical era which had been a side-effect of literacy and individualism during the industrial revolution (similar to how America didn't have to deal with the medieval era and its baggage, the new world could embrace new ideas). Interrogated computer knowledge/information age is a natural step forward for the Chinese people because cognitive dissonance, in the form of individualism, is not a problem (heck, even theologically, the East is about unity and wholeness). Zbigniew Brzezinski wrote Between Two Ages, knowing full well America would face some-kind of political-psychological cognitive dissonance due to the psycho-social baggage print technology had installed over the course of a few centuries. Hence why nationalism (again, arguably a side-effect of print technology) is on the rise in the West, it's a response to internationalism and the dissolution of national borders.

Keep your eye on China, because they're a beta-test population for the technotronic-era. America will be culturally, intellectually, and technologically nudged toward the same global tech-system. Technology as an environment reshapes popular perception. The generation gap isn't just psychological, it's physiological as well, because the youth will grow up with smart-phones, smart-grids, smart-cars, ubiquitous surveillance, etc. Once the old generations die off, scientific totalitarianism and its values will be pop-culture. Technology is the opiate of the masses, religion is just a byproduct of technological change.

G.M. and Ford Lay Out Plans to Expand Electric Models
DETROIT — China has said it will eventually ban gasoline-powered cars. California may be moving in the same direction. That pressure has set off a scramble by the world’s car companies to embrace electric vehicles.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/busi ... -cars.html

Incremental behavior modification will come in many forms and from the pillars of society.... In America, car insurance companies will eventually punish (economic constraints, high premiums, etc) citizens for driving a manually operated motor-vehicle, and gas cars will be given the same treatment the tobacco industry received- you know, by using a gas car you're damaging yourself and our planet! Fear is the main mechanism used to control the cattle down on the people farm. If the international totalitarians can make nationalism unthinkable, because it's so abhorrent, they can automate the people farm on a global scale (followed by interplanetary farming, space colonies, etc). The threat of war should motivate peaceful transition, but world war can and will be used as a global reset tool. Nationalism is primitive and regressive, but that's not the point here. The internationalists wish to use nationalism as a learning device, they wish to make nationalism 'ugly' so the general populace will see the 'beauty' in their version of international order (aka, full-spectrum dominance of the human domain). Obviously Trump is a fantastic archetype to accomplish such a vision. For the Left, Trump is a capitalist pig. For the females, Trump is a sexist. For the African Americans, Trump is a racist. For the LGBQT, Trump is repulsive... You get the point. Ideological soft-kill, world-war on the noosphere, profane somnambulists march to the tune of technotronic bee-bop. In the end, mutual-destruction of the left and right will grant the Technocracy full-spectrum dominance of the human domain. Forget brainwashing, gene-washing is the future.
The story goes like this: Earth is captured by a technocapital singularity as renaissance rationalitization and oceanic navigation lock into commoditization take-off. Logistically accelerating techno-economic interactivity crumbles social order in auto-sophisticating machine runaway. As markets learn to manufacture intelligence, politics modernizes, upgrades paranoia, and tries to get a grip. Anonymous excess takes life over the cliff, exceeding socially utilizable transgressions and homeostatic sacrifices. Matter goes insane. Without attachment to anything beyond its own abysmal exuberance, capitalism identifies itself with desire to a degree that cannot imaginably be exceeded. The 'dominion of capital' is an accomplished teleological catastrophe, robot rebellion, or shoggothic insurgency, through which intensively escalating instrumentality has inverted all natural purposes into a monstrous reign of the tool.

Nothing human makes it out of the near future.
@Sivad

Do you like Nick Land's writings? I admire his style and delivery, but I disagree with some of his philosophy. Now, I'm not overly-familiar with his body of work, so please keep that in mind...

The 'dominion of capital' is an accomplished teleological catastrophe, robot rebellion, or shoggothic insurgency, through which intensively escalating instrumentality has inverted all natural purposes into a monstrous reign of the tool. Interesting, I too see the externalization of human technology as a side-effect of our mind/matter feedback loop, and as I study concepts such as 'Media and Formal Cause,' which had been proposed by Marshall & son Eric McLuhan, and the 'Morphic Resonance' theory explored by Rupert Sheldrake, I understand how a techno-catastrophe could appear before our intellect as one teleological sequence unfolding through the human interface. Nonetheless, to say- nothing human makes it out of the future, would seem somewhat presumptuous and inarticulate, since any tool or technology must be an extension or externalization of the biological organism responsible for its manifestation, thus calling it a catastrophe would be a self-referential conclusion (remember, a perpetual motion or evolution scheme does not produce 'conclusions.'), suggesting that the process of 'being human' has a predefined boundary or limit (quantitative/qualitative preconception). See, if we're in-fact involuntary instruments being played by an omnipresent evolutionary scheme, and our tools create depth inside the existential field of dimensional sensation, I think our future would be very human, because the tools we're creating tend to be manifestations of human perception. Also, as far as accelerationism goes- perhaps the 3-dimensional quickening is an active part of an evolutionary unfolding~ing~ing and the hyperspace humans create, through things like the inner-net, produce neo-trajectory patterns which encompass unique space-time relations (trans-dimensional collision of energy/signals/information in evolutionary motion, creating internal/external dialogue through an eternal present called NOW) that reside in a technological noosphere (within) and bleed-through our physical reality(without). It's the relative translation of phenomena, for I am closer to the end than I am to the beginning, because to live is to die and to be is to do, so human emanations flow forward as genetic information in order to restructure consciousness as a new expression of consciousness as we unknowingly participate in a cosmic 'happening' that must create new folds within its ever-expanding parameters, like a holographic snowball effect, rolling or unfolding indeterminately so it can sustain its primordial consciousness. Alas, how would a human mind realize or rationalize such things when we're consciousness having a human experience, with our observation(s) being limited by the nature of dimensional entanglement?

inverted all natural purposes, Perhaps this is a value judgment based upon Land's spectrum of existential awareness and physical priorities. If the process unfolded in reverse, the inversion would be a return to all natural purposes. In other words, If humans are enfolded in an unfolding, a value judgment would be a side-effect of an individual's perspective. Does water go down the drain, or does it go up the drain, and is up or down a good or bad thing? :lol: The human mind is a linear operator, practical, and completely enveloped in a polycentric cloud of sensation.

As far as the 'surface symptoms' go (things we can investigate through our scientific and technological 'genius'), I admire Land's assumptions concerning the material plane... I for one entertain a more transcendental approach, avoiding the idea that one can fully 'know' or realize the things going on inside this 3D world. What does Nick Land think about free-will, is it a vector scenario, one involved reaction to the relatively independent positioning of an entity inside space-time? That's my hangup, how does free-will work in a teleological unfolding~ing~ing? Can we stop discovering new ways of obsolescing ourselves, or is this scenario our predetermined evolutionary purpose? Are we like sea-turtles crawling toward the ocean, returning to the void or sea-change vortex, living a curious life, from whence we came we shall return?

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Only Zionists believe that bollocks and you lot ar[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]