Mutual Concurred "Destruction" - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Theories and happenings too odd for the main forums.
Sometimes I let my mind imagine the most absurd scenarios and end up having these tinfoil hat moments.

This conspiracy goes like this:

Sometime in the future, technological breakthroughs (especially on AIs) make most of human work obsolete, this de facto makes most of mankind just consumers of resources.
The ruling elites of different countries agree that overpopulation is a big issue that is leading to more pollution and resource depletion.
To solve this, they agree on culling earth's population drastically (99%+) and decide to escalate into a "fake" (well the effects would be very real) all-out nuclear war, in which the elites are not truly against each other, but they still agree on destroying each other's nations on the surface because that would leave them a much higher resource per capita ratio, remove unproductive citizens and also allow to split the land and resources of all other nations that did not agree. Some even argued this could be a "solution" for global warming.
In our world, this would have to be an agreement between USA and Russia, really, I see no other nations capable of pulling this off.
The elites wold take a few thousand individuals (gov't and military officials, scientists and doctors) with them in underground cities/bunkers that can survive a nuclear winter for 10+years, they also retain some token deterrent nuclear force (so they don't follow the "use it or lose it" doctrine as they know where and when the strkes will land) for the aftermath relations and splitting the rest of the planet equally.
Not sure if this has any relation with reality, but what would you think of it as plot for a movie? A B movie at least? :lol:

@FiveofSwords What is race? How to define it[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Define died first? Are missing in action for mo[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]