Coronavirus '33' - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Theories and happenings too odd for the main forums.
By JohnRawls
maz wrote:This...is a bit much :hmm:

By SolarCross
It is simple enough to cherry pick a bunch of articles that have 33 in them. I did a web search using 22, 44 and 76 and got a bunch of articles too.

The headline 33 Million Could Die is a bit suspicious though. How does one come up with a number like that? It is weirdly and improbably specific.
By late
SolarCross wrote:
It is weirdly and improbably specific.

I accidentally clicked on your handle. You said Austrian. By which I think you meant the so called Austrian School.

The Austrian School was fake political science pretending to be economics. It was a failed attempt to make anti-communist fervor academic.
By SolarCross
late wrote:I accidentally clicked on your handle. You said Austrian. By which I think you meant the so called Austrian School.

The Austrian School was fake political science pretending to be economics. It was a failed attempt to make anti-communist fervor academic.

Thanks for your fake opinion and your failed attempt to make whatever propaganda point you think you are making.
By late
SolarCross wrote:
Thanks for your fake opinion and your failed attempt to make whatever propaganda point you think you are making.

" I do not deny that Austrian economists have made valuable contributions to economics. Rather, as the sequel will argue, I maintain that:

(a) The effort to rebuild economics along foundations substantially different from those of modern neoclassical economics fails.

(b) Austrian economists have often misunderstood modern neoclassical economics, causing them to overstate their differences with it.

(c) Several of the most important Austrian claims are false, or at least overstated.

(d) Modern neoclassical economics has made a number of important discoveries which Austrian economists for the most part have not appreciated.

Yet all too large a fraction of Austrian research has not been in economics at all, but rather in meta-economics: philosophy, methodology, and history of thought. Admittedly, much of the meta-economics stems out of the work of F.A. Hayek and his numerous interpreters, whose contributions to economics the present essay did not discuss save by implication. But the students of Mises and Rothbard have done more than their fair share of meta-economics too. Neoclassical economists go too far by purging meta-economics almost entirely, but there is certainly a reason to be suspicious of scholars who talk about economics without ever doing it."

https://econfaculty.gmu.edu/bcaplan/whyaust.htm

The last couple decades have not been kind to the Austrians, inside or outside of economics.
By late
SolarCross wrote:

Another opinion

Another economist..

"Austrian economics has been through quite a rollercoaster ride over the last 10 years as the housing bubble appeared to vindicate many of their views and then the economic recovery proved many of their dire predictions completely wrong. I think Austrian Economics is deficient and Austrian Business Cycle Theory is inherently flawed and built on misunderstandings about the way the modern monetary system actually works.

1) Austrian economics is a political ideology that masquerades as an economic school of thought. Austrians tend to be vehemently anti-government and pro-market. So they build a world view that conforms to the world they want and not the world we actually have.

2) Austrian Business Cycle Theory Misunderstands Endogenous Money.

3) Austrians misunderstand inflation."

https://www.pragcap.com/understanding-why-austrian-economics-is-flawed/
By SolarCross
late wrote:Another economist..

"Austrian economics has been through quite a rollercoaster ride over the last 10 years as the housing bubble appeared to vindicate many of their views and then the economic recovery proved many of their dire predictions completely wrong. I think Austrian Economics is deficient and Austrian Business Cycle Theory is inherently flawed and built on misunderstandings about the way the modern monetary system actually works.

1) Austrian economics is a political ideology that masquerades as an economic school of thought. Austrians tend to be vehemently anti-government and pro-market. So they build a world view that conforms to the world they want and not the world we actually have.

2) Austrian Business Cycle Theory Misunderstands Endogenous Money.

3) Austrians misunderstand inflation."

https://www.pragcap.com/understanding-why-austrian-economics-is-flawed/

Well indeed who could not be persuaded by such wonderfully politically motivated and baseless and unsubstantiated opinions! Bravo!

[KS mod edit: Rule 2]
By late
SolarCross wrote:
Well indeed who could not be persuaded by such wonderfully politically motivated and baseless and unsubstantiated opinions!

Project much?

You bought an antique that has flat tires, no suspension and the crankshaft sticking out the side of the engine.

All the denial in the world won't change that.
By SolarCross
late wrote:Project much?

You bought an antique that has flat tires, no suspension and the crankshaft sticking out the side of the engine.

All the denial in the world won't change that.

Says the dude who does not even know what thread he is posting on. :lol: This thread has nothing to do with whatever scammy political programe you are shilling for. You are off-topic.
By late
SolarCross wrote:
Says the dude who does not even know what thread he is posting on.

Of course I knew. I also didn't care, since this is a fiction forum.

The fact you lack a counter-argument is duly noted.
By SolarCross
late wrote:Of course I knew. I also didn't care, since this is a fiction forum.

The fact you lack a counter-argument is duly noted.

I am not voting democrat okay? Get over it.
By Dimetrodon
Yea, while it is interesting that the number 33 has popped up a bunch of times, that hardly proves a masonic conspiracy. Also, what is that supposed to mean? Is it to say "Hi, we're here" or something like that?
By maz
Random American wrote:Yea, while it is interesting that the number 33 has popped up a bunch of times, that hardly proves a masonic conspiracy. Also, what is that supposed to mean? Is it to say "Hi, we're here" or something like that?

Yes, I guess the idea of the video is that the news articles with 33 are some kind of coding to announce that this is an operation that these masonic groups are in control of.

By Code Rood
maz wrote:Yes, I guess the idea of the video is that the news articles with 33 are some kind of coding to announce that this is an operation that these masonic groups are in control of.

It's called predictive programming. It has been done to death with things like 9/11. There have also been Hollywood movies about major viruses, for example the 2011 movie called Contagion. Though the virus is clearly real, there's something not right here. One of the goals that the elite wants to accomplish is to have a cashless society. Supermarkets in my country are already asking the people to not pay with cash due to the coronavirus. And that's just one of the goals that could now possibly be accomplished without much resistance.
By Code Rood
There is now practically a lockdown all over the EU. I'm not saying that this virus is not real, but we are now marching even faster towards a new world. And even if this turned out to be just a test for a few weeks (months is more likely or perhaps even a year), they can now easily do this again and again until people beg for whatever the powers that be wants.

''Today, America would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order. Tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told that there were an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by the World Government''
- Henry A. Kissinger
Last edited by Code Rood on 17 Mar 2020 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
By Sivad
Code Rood wrote:
''Today, America would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order. Tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told that there were an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by the World Government''
- Henry A. Kissinger

Fake. Kissinger never said anything like that.

Care: 73 Fairness: 77 Liberty: 83 In-group: 70 Pur[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

You just do not understand what politics is. Poli[…]

Are you aware that the only difference between yo[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]