They Told Us Lockdowns Were About Flattening the Curve. They Lied. - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Theories and happenings too odd for the main forums.
late wrote:She can never run, and we already have a Manchurian president...

Thanks, that was spectacular.

Not that I think it is true, but I wouldn't might you addressing the point. Is Greta Thunberg a Machurian Candidate? That is, is her elevation on Global Warming matters within the pandemic currently given more importance than its worth from global governments to justify current lockdown measures and scientific importance? We may actually agree FYI. But I wouldn't mind your insight rather than you swigging this back into a Trump debate.
B0ycey wrote:
Not that I think it is true, but I wouldn't might you addressing the point. Is Greta Thunberg a Machurian Candidate?

That is, is her elevation on Global Warming matters within the pandemic currently given more importance than its worth from global governments to justify current lockdown measures and scientific importance? We may actually agree FYI. But I wouldn't mind your insight rather than you swigging this back into a Trump debate.

A Manchurian candidate is a presidential candidate under the influence of Russia. You know, like Trump.

Greta was not born American, she could never run.

You're not making sense. Bashing Greta is a Right wing thing. I am not aware of any reputable sources paying attention to her now.
late wrote:A Manchurian candidate is a presidential candidate under the influence of Russia. You know, like Trump.

Greta was not born American, she could never run.

You're not making sense. Bashing Greta is a Right wing thing. I am not aware of any reputable sources paying attention to her now.

That is not true. It is a candidate to promote some elses agenda.

But I am not bashing anyone especially Greta. I just wanted you to address the point and you haven't. But if you want my personal opinion, climate change will kill and has killed more people than the coronavirus has so far and if we spent half of the time and money on it that we are currently spending on lockdown measures along with the amount of fear given to it being equal then the potential risk Climate change will have in the future would have been sorted out by now.
Beren wrote:I haven't cared much about her and I'm doing so only because she connected coronavirus with the environmentalist agenda by saying we should have the same approach to both coronavirus and climate change, which must have been her own fucking idea, of course, because she can't be just a mouthpiece.

I would say she perhaps might have addressed the two to try and bring more importance to the climate debate. Although her words perhaps are used to try and show the importance of a different narrative. But that is conspiracy and isn't something I am concerned of yet. I am more concerned with chapter two of this and what happens after lockdown.
B0ycey wrote:I would say she perhaps might have addressed the two to try and bring more importance to the climate debate.

As far as I'm concerned she says we should have the same (scientific) approach to both coronavirus and climate change, she only didn't say the solution to both problems should be the same too. Which absolutely fits the coronavirus narrative anyway, because we're not supposed to return to our old pre-coronavirus ways at all, right? Now I just wonder if which one is the chicken and which one is the egg here, coronavirus or climate change.
B0ycey wrote:
That is not true. It is a candidate to promote some elses agenda.

But I am not bashing anyone especially Greta. I just wanted you to address the point and you haven't. But if you want my personal opinion, climate change will kill and has killed more people than the coronavirus has so far and if we spent half of the time and money on it that we are currently spending on lockdown measures along with the amount of fear given to it being equal then the potential risk Climate change will have in the future would have been sorted out by now.

Ahh, the definition has changed. That better explains the crazies.

It's silly. In my country Republicans are half assed fools on a good day, and it's been a while since they've had a good day.

Seems silly to try and do both when you can't even do one... Besides, Moscow Mitch would kill any substantive reform.

We need a Progressive era.
Last edited by late on 05 May 2020 14:40, edited 1 time in total.
Beren wrote:...Which absolutely fits the coronavirus narrative anyway, because we're not supposed to return our old pre-coronavirus ways at all, right? Now I just wonder if which one is the chicken and which one is the egg here, coronavirus or climate change.

I will bare that in mind. But can I ask, now we have gone so far, do you think we can ever go back to what we were before regardless what Thunberg says? It maybe that tourism, dining and aviation especially, have been lost and under economic hardship spending will be replaced with saving along with increased unemployment causing production to slow further still. The point being Climate Change maybe addressed regardless whether it was meant to or not but justification for the "new normal" has suddenly got a new angle and someone new to sell it.
@Drlee do you think this stay-at-home order is a hoax? All those CoronaVirus patients are just made up shit by Leftist Green Deal pushers who want to keep Right wing women from getting their hair dyed and their nails done?

Tell the truth Drlee! And the truth shall set you free.....
@Drlee do you think this stay-at-home order is a hoax? All those CoronaVirus patients are just made up shit by Leftist Green Deal pushers who want to keep Right wing women from getting their hair dyed and their nails done?

Tell the truth Drlee! And the truth shall set you free.....

Not a hoax or a scam. I am staying home when I can as is everyone with an over 50.

Can you imagine what Tammy Fay Baker would look like about now? :eek:

Look at the bright side. The foolish liberals who are home making babies are going to greatly outnumber the Tump'ets who are in the hospital or worse.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The Greek American wife voted for the asshole w[…]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]

The dominant race of the planet is still the Whit[…]