They Told Us Lockdowns Were About Flattening the Curve. They Lied. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Theories and happenings too odd for the main forums.
This article notes that the lockdowns are clearly not about flattening the curve, as that is already accomplished.

They Told Us Lockdowns Were About Flattening the Curve. They Lied.

Wait. You posted a Brietbart article as evidence. :lol:

We do not have a vaccine or a cure, and won't for some time. Maintaining social distancing and wearing masks in public spaces is the only viable option.

No its not. That is not even open for debate. There certainly other options.
Godstud wrote::roll: @blackjack21 That you and other right-wingers think that they lied about it, is the conspiracy theory.

If they're moving the goal posts, they lied.

Fauci’s Many Mistakes and Lies: NIH Director Said One Thing Weeks-Months Ago but Today Tries to Blame President Trump
blackjack21 wrote:What does "save the planet" mean to you? Can you define it?

It's a synonym for protecting the environment.

ness31 wrote:I can't believe this was moved to conspiracy theories. disappointing pofo.

The opposite would rather be disappointing, I'd be surprised if it hadn't been moved here, nonetheless. The point is, though, that there is a conspiracy and I wonder if people really don't get it or they just pretend it because they agree with it.
Beren wrote:Well, I wonder if my post deserved such a long response. My point is, however, that I'm not against saving the planet or conditioning people to take infections and diseases more seriously and handle them more appropriately like stay

ing at home, wearing masks, washing hands more often, etc., while developing their healthcare systems and infrastructure, but I really refuse being scared, fooled, manipulated or even terrorised by sock puppets such as Greta Thunberg and scams like coronavirus. This whole bullshit stinks to high heaven so much that one really needs to have some serious nasal congestion to not sense it.

Interesting post Beren. The impact of the Coronavirus will no doubt benefit the environment in the long term as aviation seems a dead trade. Whether there is a conspiracy to manipulate behavour I don't know. I have decided to take six months off discussing this virus simply because although I doubt that governments have deliberately decided to crash their economies, I genuinely believe people don't understand what is happening yet in terms of livelihood, global poverty or if they do they refuse to acknowledge it for they fear it and the cracks cannot be shown until a minimum six months to point them out. Every controlled study suggests that the infection rate for this is ten times under reported with a death rate of .4%. People can debate whether any deaths are worth it but in terms of everything else we do accept risk in other areas and when the dust settles we can discuss whether the the cure was better than the virus in this instance. Although if nations take the right path and bring forward social policies, introduce a universal living salary for the unemployed, tax high earners, and invest in their own production such as a "new Marshall deal" then perhaps the world maybe better and more equal in the long run. But my sense is what will happen is more internal debt, bankruptcy and high unemployment though. :hmm:
Beren wrote:However, how was your Earth Day (April 22)? Would you like to make every day like your Earth Day was?

My primary concern at the moment is everyones livelihood - especially in the third world. Depending on governments response and whether they enact social policies to get out of their mess of lockdowns and the fear they have installed by executing them will depend on how much I enjoyed Earth Day. Shock it was the SNP and Ian Blackford who suggested a universal wage which the government shrugged off with more fucking loans. Can't the Tories do anything right? Which means our response seems like its based on borrowing and doubling the national debt to protect big business and bankruptcy for those who are unemployed.

But I guess you aren't asking me that. I guess you are asking me if I am happy with how this pandemic might actually do something for climate change and actually make governments reach their Kyoto agreement targets, perhaps this might be one of the only blessings to come from this whole clusterfuck so sure, lets make every day an Earth Day.
B0ycey wrote:I guess you are asking me if I am happy with how this pandemic might actually do something for climate change and actually make governments reach their Kyoto agreement targets, perhaps this might be one of the only blessings to come from this whole clusterfuck so sure, lets make every day an Earth Day.

I guess we all were on lockdown on Earth Day, so I also guess that's more-or-less how it's supposed to be from now on to tackle global warming, environmental pollution, etc. I also wonder, however, if how much Greta Thunberg would hesitate to push a button with which she could annihilate 90% of mankind, to save the planet, of course.
Godstud wrote:You're whining because a teenage girl asked people to listen to scientists.

I'm sure that teenage girl is a complete genius and knows exactly what she's doing and she's not a sock puppet on steroids at all.

late wrote:And you want me to grow a brain?

I don't want you to do anything at all, it was rather a suggestion. But keep running like a rabid mouse, if you like.
blackjack21 wrote:People are coming to the realization that the lockdown was not about flattening the curve. Something else is going on. I think it's basically a dry run for the Green New Deal, where people don't get to drive cars, fly in planes, etc. As I've said to many of you before, I'm probably the greenest person here. So the lockdown has had a minimal impact on my life. Others, not so much.

This article notes that the lockdowns are clearly not about flattening the curve, as that is already accomplished.

They Told Us Lockdowns Were About Flattening the Curve. They Lied.

We do not have a vaccine or a cure, and won't for some time. Maintaining social distancing and wearing masks in public spaces is the only viable option.

Even Buffet has sold his airline stocks, since it is not possible to socially distance on commercial airliners with a flight at capacity, and it is not possible to make money on airlines if they are less than 75% of capacity.

Frankly, it doesn't make much sense outside of metropolitan areas to lock down. Wearing masks and social distancing suffices.

Frankly, I'm not sure lockdown in metropolitan areas make sense because ventilation in high rise buildings connects all units, especially the exhaust ports for bathrooms, gas dryers, and kitchen vents. If you can smell the neighbor smoking a cigarette a few floors down, you can get coronavirus from them too.

However, for most non-urban areas, this lockdown makes little economic sense. If you want to save every life, it's time to ban cigarettes, automobiles, alcohol, motocycles, skateboards, and plan on locking everyone down every flu season from here to kingdom come.

You have finally stooped to the lowest alt-right denominator: The Conspiracy Theorist.
@Beren Does it really hurt your ego that much to have a 15 year old act more mature and logical than a great many people, and ask people to think of the future and listen to scientists? Really?

That she's more mature than most climate change deniers is the real blow.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Tainari88 , if someone enters your house withou[…]

Considering you have the intelligence of an oyste[…]

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable just[…]

UK study finds young adults taking longer to find […]