Did film predict COVID conspiracy? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Theories and happenings too odd for the main forums.
(Spoiler alert) Thinking he was foiling a terrorist plot for the U.S. government, an ex-soldier kills a scientist, and his team steals a respiratory virus and its vaccine. But the team, he later suspects, was actually working for a big drug company that planned to release the virus then make a fortune selling the vaccine.

That was the premise of The Contractor, a 2022 film starring Chris Pine that finished production at the end of 2019. Distribution was delayed and the film, when released, was poorly received and grossed less than $1 million in its opening weekend.

Given the film was completed before the spread of COVID, I am a bit surprised that COVID conspiracy buffs did not jump on this piece of fiction as evidence of a real plot to spread the virus.

I just finished watching the film on a DVD from the library. A barely recognizable Kiefer Sutherland is also in the movie, sporting a beard that looks like it belongs to a Confederate general.
Robert Urbanek wrote:
(Spoiler alert)

Spoiled alert...

There have been a ton of conspiracy fantasies. I've decided it's time to stop calling them theories because *none* of them are theories. They are the rants of lunatics.

Theories demand evidence, and procedure.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]