Torture - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Crime and prevention thereof. Loopholes, grey areas and the letter of the law.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By redcarpet
Perhaps he means daily physical abuse by prison guards?
By Section Leader
Torture is just a waste of time and effort unless it has an actual goal (extracting confessions, information about fellow criminals etc.).

I'd just use them as forced labour.
By Murph
Ok here's the thing.

One of the criticisms of capital punishment, is that it isn't enough of a deterrent. So how bout instead of just offing someone, we up the ante and get our money's worth?

Throw in a little bit of water-boarding with the sentence and maybe these fuckers think twice before they steal all the scrap metal out of my back-yard.
By Xbow
Throw in a little bit of water-boarding with the sentence and maybe these fuckers think twice before they steal all the scrap metal out of my back-yard.

Theft of scrap metal slim? That sucks. I enjoy collecting high carbon steel. Coil springs, leaf springs, Axles if it can be turned into a knife, sword or ax I want it. So yes, why not apply a little water-boarding with the sentence instead of 2 years of probation how about 10 water boarding sessions, 10 TASER sessions and 10 sessions with the Razor strap. Make crime hurt more than just the victim!
By Wolfman
Ok here's the thing.

One of the criticisms of capital punishment, is that it isn't enough of a deterrent. So how bout instead of just offing someone, we up the ante and get our money's worth?

I don't know, did that work with the Russians? No? I didn't think so. Maybe instead of trying horribly to reinvent the wheel by using ever more creative forms of torture and execution, we should just figure out what the most objectively successful prison system is and copy that. By the way, it's Norway.
By Baff
The stocks.

This seems like a good idea to me.
humilitaed in fornt of your community.
Your victims given the opportunity to get redress.

These could make a welcome return in my opinion.
By Murph
Xbow wrote:Theft of scrap metal slim? That sucks. I enjoy collecting high carbon steel. Coil springs, leaf springs, Axles if it can be turned into a knife, sword or ax I want it. So yes, why not apply a little water-boarding with the sentence instead of 2 years of probation how about 10 water boarding sessions, 10 TASER sessions and 10 sessions with the Razor strap. Make crime hurt more than just the victim!

How's it going Xbow.

Yeah I had like 10 buckets full of scap copper. Easily a thousand dollars worth. :knife:

The shitty thing is that these fuckers keep coming back. I've been hit like three times.

In a sane society I'd be allowed to booby-trap my property, catch these parasites, and torture them myself. smh

Wolfman wrote:I don't know, did that work with the Russians? No? I didn't think so. Maybe instead of trying horribly to reinvent the wheel by using ever more creative forms of torture and execution, we should just figure out what the most objectively successful prison system is and copy that. By the way, it's Norway.

Define "successful prison system."
Last edited by Murph on 06 Dec 2011 19:31, edited 2 times in total.
By Godstud
Torture is pointless, and ineffective.

I like the idea of forced labour. I'd reduce prison times, accordingly. I'd have prisoners working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. They'd get 1 hour of TV a night(BBC World News), and nutritious, but tasteless food. They'd only be allowed visitors on the other side of a plexiglass wall(no contact). No weights or exercise equipment. No computers. The only books they'd be allowed to read are the classics(Moby Dick, etc.). In short, they'd be over-joyed to get out of prison, and repeat offenders would be less common. They'd also helping to pay their own stay in prison.
By Murph
Godstud wrote:Torture is pointless, and ineffective.

I like the idea of forced labour. I'd reduce prison times, accordingly. I'd have prisoners working 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. They'd get 1 hour of TV a night(BBC World News), and nutritious, but tasteless food. They'd only be allowed visitors on the other side of a plexiglass wall(no contact). No weights or exercise equipment. No computers. The only books they'd be allowed to read are the classics(Moby Dick, etc.). In short, they'd be over-joyed to get out of prison, and repeat offenders would be less common. They'd also helping to pay their own stay in prison.

Yeah I agree, forced labor should be a given.

How bout this. Prisoners can work-off their torture. Like a voucher system. Say for every ten hours of hard manual labor, you get a "get-out-of torture free card" or something like that. Whatever they produce while working is used to re-compensate the victim.

I like it.
By Wolfman
Define "successful prison system."

Lowest national crime rate, decreasing crime rate, and lowest rate of recidivism in the world. Norway kicks ass, and it does the opposite of what you're doing. But of course, actually following objective success is for fagots and homos, right?
By Godstud
So what is Norway doing, that's working? I'm pretty sure it's not torture(only useful when seeking out witches).
By Godstud
That makes sense. I'll have to remember to go to Norway if I want to commit a crime! :D
By Murph
Wolfman wrote:Lowest national crime rate, decreasing crime rate, and lowest rate of recidivism in the world. Norway kicks ass, and it does the opposite of what you're doing. But of course, actually following objective success is for fagots and homos, right?

How do you know that it is because of their prison system?

None of what you said implies it is legal to haras[…]

That was weird

No, it won't Only the Democrats will be hurt by t[…]

No. There is nothing arbitrary about whether peop[…]