"Racist" murder of black youth debunked - witness saw attack - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Crime and prevention thereof. Loopholes, grey areas and the letter of the law.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Rei Murasame wrote:I'm actually wondering if it was really such a grand idea for every single rightist group in the English-speaking world to come out swinging with ethnic violence discourse on this Trayvon Martin case. To me it simply feels like it's one of those scenarios where there is no glory in victory, and ignominy in defeat.

This is chiefly because no matter what the final outcome is, it is a situation where both parties misunderstood each other at the beginning, and so it will always carry an aura of "what if someone had made a different choice" about it, which is extremely hard to dispel.

So if we come out too strongly on this, we will all look like a collection of assholes at the end.

Furthermore, the fact that Trayvon Martin was so young, causes people - including myself - to imagine what it might be like if you had a child and that happened to him or her. It'd be devastating.

No matter what, this story is eventually going to be renamed the "Trayvon Martin Tragedy", or some such thing, and centre-left liberals will add it like a trophy to their mantelpiece of tragic outrages, and there will be absolutely no way that we'll be able to prevent them from doing it.

The best we'll be able to get is a narrative about "Trayvon Martin senselessly threw his life away" (which to me looks like what happened). There is no chance that Zimmerman will ever be able to be portrayed as some righteous hero, nor will Martin ever be able to be portrayed as some sort of criminal.

That's my intuition on the matter - I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

The article you linked here is very hard to follow, but it apparently relies on the idea that Trayvon Martin made it back to where he was staying and then left again to confront Zimmerman, without dropping off what he had picked up at the convenience store... seems like quite the stretch to me.

This site also includes stories like "Was Trayvon Martin a drug dealer", "Did Trayvon Martin Referee School Fights", "F****** Cold", etc... usually your sources seem to be of a higher quality than this :eek:
This does raise another question though as I consider it. Do you attack someone while holding a bottle of iced tea? Wouldn't you at least throw it at him or try to club him with it or something? Particularly if it was glass, which bottles of iced tea in the US almost always are (to my knowledge). Anyone know what brand of iced tea TM had?
Blue Puppy wrote:Anyone know what brand of iced tea TM had?

Arizona Iced tea, which usually comes in a tall aluminium can.
I used to drink these all the time after a night of dodge-ball.
"Suspected burglar dies from gunshot wound after assaulting neighborhood watch volunteer...."

He wasn't a suspected burglar so what's your point? He was committing the crime of walking out in the streets, maybe you feel he should have been on a plantation instead Emerald?
The reality is that the punk had no business in that neighborhood to begin with, and this is where the problem started.

The arrest of Zimmerman, anticipated by myself and likely many others for quite some time, was entirely an operation in public damage control on the part of the Sanford police department. I don't have much sympathy for the man as his decision to stay within the community was foolhardy and my impersonal advice to him was to flee Florida weeks ago, but here's hoping the black mobs don't get their way.
I have chaired criminal juries in the US, and given what I know, I think I would have to vote to convict Zimmerman of second degree murder, or manslaughter, with a minimum 10 year sentence.

The key item for me is the fact that 911 operators instructed Zimmerman to back off, and he didn't do it. Not sanctioning the man would allow individuals to act in an aggressive fashion while armed, seeking to start a confrontation in which they can later claim to be acting in self defense. It's fairly easy to get a young teenager to act aggressively, and it's fairly easy to shoot him after he reacts. As for Zimmerman being attacked, I also question the need for the guy to use the gun if he was fighting off a teenager. Zimmerman doesn't look like a weakling. The incident feels like a man who was seeking confrontation so he could play cop, and shoot somebody.

This also points out to a serious flaw in Florida law. Self defense in a case like this sure sounds way extreme. In my case, being hispanic, I'm not about to visit North Florida in the future. They are known to be a bunch of racist rednecks anyway.
Far-Right Sage wrote:The reality is that the punk had no business in that neighborhood to begin with, and this is where the problem started.

Which 'punk'? Zimmerman or Martin? And what evidence is there to suggest that either of them did not belong where they were?
I'm referring to Martin quite obviously, and the evidence speaks for itself. Zimmerman lived in the neighborhood. Trayvon had no business in that area and was obviously out of place.
Far-Right Sage wrote:I'm referring to Martin quite obviously, and the evidence speaks for itself. Zimmerman lived in the neighborhood. Trayvon had no business in that area and was obviously out of place.

Wait, I thought Martin had some family who also lived in the neighborhood? Was I misinformed about that?
Also, why are you calling Trayvon, who is supposedly the victim in this case, a 'punk'.
Do you not like him for some reason? Did you know him?

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]