Why everyone should be allowed to carry guns concealed. - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Crime and prevention thereof. Loopholes, grey areas and the letter of the law.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The traditional Euro way: Register as a sport shooter! (Euro governments are anti-gun but pro-sport ;) ) That would allow you to get a .9mm handgun. You're supposed to store it securely and without ammunition yadda yadda, but in practice plenty folks just put their loaded 9mm in a locked drawer. Although you're not supposed to have those guns in reach outside the range, no judge or jury would convict you for using your sports gun in a valid self-defense situation. On those circumstances, at worst, you'd get a fine... But a fine beats 'acute lead poisoning'.

For long guns, getting a semi-auto hunting rifle or a bolt-action shotgun in Europe is not terribly hard outta the UK, IIRC: There's paperwork involved in a hunters' license, but they're often shall-issue if requirements are met.

Unfortunately, I can't advise you to carry: Carrying can get you in all sorts of shit in Europe... But there's no harm done in owning a gun inside your house. Home invasions happen... And (although rarely) so do revolutions :p
KlassWar wrote:no judge or jury would convict you for using your sports gun in a valid self-defense situation.

Yes they would, the anti-gun use hysteria in Denmark is insane, self-defense with any weapon is not allowed under any circumstances in Denmark.
I just read about a 38-year old man from Valby who was charged with attempted murder for stabbing a thief that entered his house at night.

The danish politicians are even more retarded than american politicians and that is quite an accomplishment I would say. :knife:
That's par for the course round here too.

Kman wrote:And where am I gonna get a handgun? It is not like we have gunshops in Denmark like you do in the US.

Denmark has gunshops.
http://www.yellowpages.com/denmark-wi/gun-shop

I'm English.
You could buy a PDW, and carry that concealed. I have one.

You could ask a criminal.
You could make one.

You could smuggle one from abroad.
Saw off a shotgun.

I've wanted a pen gun for my dad for some time. Not that he's young enough to handle one any more. Or to be places around people he feels threatened by.

Personally when I go out, I'm pleased to leave my guns behind. Have some time off.
Baff wrote:
I'm English.

I've wanted a pen gun for my dad for some time. Not that he's young enough to handle one any more. Or to be places around people he feels threatened by.

Personally when I go out, I'm pleased to leave my guns behind. Have some time off.

You pointed out I am less informed about other societies than you. That may be true of details, but what of understanding governance of thought that works the same way throughout humanity civilizing the human species consisting of male and female lifetimes?

I found regardless the cultivated culture of social identity one can see consistencies as obvious as gender body shapes of the population labelled by race, creed, color, national origin, political choices, religious convictions, gender bias as to which is more significant to societal evolution and no regard to genetic contiuation of every generation being male and female results, then comes sexual preferences and are they physchological or instinctive responses to gender preferences in performing self gratification and instinctive species survival one lifetime at a time placed within this moment of compounding contracting results expanding into what remains present using the same mass available all the time universally positioned here as Earth.

My point, is going up, children like to compare dads and moms with each other. My dad can kick your dad's behind nonsense. Then the my mom is better than your mom or the other side of a slam fest. When acting as society's child, whom are the parents of the adults playing this childish game of playing parenting ideologies of church and state methodologies of turning ancestors against their own ancestry??

As I am ridiculed for constantly point out the human population is but male and female lifetimes regardless the ideology. Gee why would I do that? Self evident takes care of it's self and I have nothing to prove, so I describe the self evident against those saving humanity and reality making the world but a stage upon this planet having two worlds, first and third.

Correct or incomplete? right or wrong? left vs right, church vs state, all defend the ideologies that symbolic values rule the moment at hand and character matters to those in charge of directing the direction of the next generation titled in reality to play their role as adult society's children.

Whom does one need protection from, those defending the faith or those implimenting what to believe faith is. In your wonderful society so much better than the American concept of liberty, what have you learned in 400 generations of repeating the same historical mistakes where humans deny now is Eternity making eternal results never staying the same details of what, where, when, and who with how and why beingthe same means all the time?

Just food for thought. Chew on it for a while before thinking I don't understand reality inside out as well as it is defining the real moment outside in theoretically, theologically, and hyperbolic economic substitution of substance understood for symbolisms believed make character superior to being just another gender link between was and does continue here now.

Liberty of choice my friend, beware when you sell it to honoring idealists trading yourself for some magic beans.
Different societies are different.
That's all.

What is humanly achievable, is humanly achievable, but not all humans aspire to achieving the same things and not all societies do things the same ways.
When you do things differently to other people, you get different outcomes to them.

So you can compare penis sizes if you want to and pretend that it's all in your mind, or you can recognise that an Asian guy doesn't like to compare penises with an African guy.

Your country has a butt load of gun crime and mine has next to none. That's the way it is.
I'm not attempting to suggest to you that my society is superior to your society, only that there are choices.
There are other ways of living available.
Kman wrote:Yes they would, the anti-gun use hysteria in Denmark is insane, self-defense with any weapon is not allowed under any circumstances in Denmark.
I just read about a 38-year old man from Valby who was charged with attempted murder for stabbing a thief that entered his house at night.

The danish politicians are even more retarded than american politicians and that is quite an accomplishment I would say. :knife:

There's no Castle Doctrine in Europe. In most European countries, unless you've been assaulted or threatened with a deadly weapon before striking back, courts are not going to recognize your self-defence as valid. In most Euro countries, you can't kill a burglar who hasn't threatened/assaulted you with a deadly weapon: A rational fear for your safety doesn't quite cut it.

At any rate, you're going to get charged: Self defense is usually an affirmative defense, its validity has to be determined in court. Unless it's pretty much obviously valid, you're going to get charged.
Baff wrote:Different societies are different.
That's all.

What is humanly achievable, is humanly achievable, but not all humans aspire to achieving the same things and not all societies do things the same ways.
When you do things differently to other people, you get different outcomes to them.

So you can compare penis sizes if you want to and pretend that it's all in your mind, or you can recognise that an Asian guy doesn't like to compare penises with an African guy.

Your country has a butt load of gun crime and mine has next to none. That's the way it is.
I'm not attempting to suggest to you that my society is superior to your society, only that there are choices.
There are other ways of living available.

Social justification is all you are talking about. comparing penis sizes when all of them fire the same ammunition is childish and vanity. It is like a a basketball player comparing themselves to an ice skater. I can already imagine your response to this from how you responded with everything else in our discussion so far. I am not in a debate, I am in the center of the battlefield of ideas without entering the battleground of divide and conquer ancestors from ancestry which is what reality has forever been designed to accomplish psychologically. The price of thinking intellect is superior to instincts.

I am not society's child but that of ancestry, it is the notions of national identity over recognizing just being human wars are designed to keep lifetimes performing as mandated by rule of law from those protected with laws that rule everyone defined by social significance to societal evolution defined in speculative theory and theology.

So you argue mythology against physical absolutes and I am suppost to get defensive? Ain't going to happen. I will just come back to any character of humanity with just being human. Which side of life works to survive the species and which side of life lives to tip the scales of natural balance to one ideology over the rest?
Jackal wrote:I would not support everyone being allowed to carry guns concealed, but many yes. I do not think gun carry should be a right but more of a privilege that upstanding members of society should have access to. This, of course, does not limit the privilege to any certain class or race. Personally, I would prefer that certain races should not be granted this priviledge but I understand that it would be politically impossible to do so within the current political system.

This.

I believe in a slightly strange set of both harsher and softer gun laws in certain respects. If a former soldier wants to carry a concealed firearm I'd have no problem with that, but if someone like Gerry Adams wants one, NO.
Kman wrote:Wtf does this situation have to do with concealed carry laws?

You're the one who brought up concealed carry laws. You did write the thread title, didn't you?

Kman wrote: If he was allowed to own a weapon and open carry he could easily have open carried until reaching the supermarket then hid his weapon. If he was not allowed to own a weapon he could have bought a weapon on the black market most likely and then hid his gun when entering the supermarket, the chance of the police picking him up during the period where he buys his gun (or transports a gun hidden in his house) is minimal.

Irrelevant.

You claimed everyone should be allowed to carry concealed guns. This includes the man who stabbed his ex-wife. You are arguing that he should have been allowed to carry a concealed weapon. If he had been allowed to do so, his ex-wife would be dead, and he would still be alive.

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's prom[…]

No, it doesn't. The US also wants to see Hamas top[…]

Israel removed 10,000 Israeli families from Gaz[…]

The Donbas fortifications have been incredibly su[…]