Is Exploitation of Labor - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Crime and prevention thereof. Loopholes, grey areas and the letter of the law.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By skeptic-1
The "primary" generator of wealth ?

Can exploitation be initiated without Capital ?

Did the West fashion its own Casket by providing the means of accumulating
Capital to China ?

Can we reverse course ?

Has the control of the sources of energy changed hands ?
I'd say of natural resources. How can you compare lost fair wages to the revenues of an oil rig, for example?

You can't. The revenue from selling oil is obviously way more than a fai wage, etc, of the employees that run it.
Exploitation can never generate wealth. It is the misconception of many people. People should get out of this thinking that by exploiting workers, he can be wealthy. I have read a very nice article on convention collective, there they stated that unless and until workers are aware of labor law and social rights they cannot protect themselves from getting exploited.
All formns of goverenment are exploited by the powerful.

Take Mexican Carlos Slim for example who was from very poor thrid world nation. He was up till last couple years The Richest Man On Earth. He wasn't a capitalist or right winger. Neither are most Saudi Princes.

So if this is another hate fest on the white capitalist then I just deflated it. Its not capitalsim its the people who make the laws that put crooks in office to exploit our resources and the worlds too.

If people were'nt so apathtic and naive for a better word than stupid these things would'nt happen. We are idol worshippers and that is what has taken us out,not any form of government. IMO.
Paradigm wrote:Exploitation does not generate wealth. It merely appropriates wealth produced by labor. Exploitation of labor under capitalism goes hand-in-hand with exploitation of natural resources, which are of course another source of wealth.

Capital investment generates wealth. Whether that occurs via exploitation or without, it doesn't preclude an increase in wealth

BryanCarrington wrote:Exploitation can never generate wealth. It is the misconception of many people. People should get out of this thinking that by exploiting workers, he can be wealthy. I have read a very nice article on convention collective, there they stated that unless and until workers are aware of labor law and social rights they cannot protect themselves from getting exploited.

You do become wealthy if you exploit people -- I don't understand how you can state otherwise.
Bounce wrote:You do become wealthy if you exploit people -- I don't understand how you can state otherwise.

He was simply saying, it seems, that exploitation can never be the source of wealth. All exploitation (of labor) does is cause an disproportionate amount of wealth to go to a person or group of people. The system has the same amount of wealth with or without exploitation, just in different proportions among the people in the business. The true source of incoming wealth to a business is service and/or resource exchange.

I like what Chomsky has stated about Manufacturin[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...The French were the first "genociders&quo[…]

A gentle tongue speaks many languages.. :lol:[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]