Anti-Police Rhetoric - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Crime and prevention thereof. Loopholes, grey areas and the letter of the law.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jango1985
[quote="Harmattan"]Three remarks

* Policemen are authorities, they have power upon you. No one should like that. The idea that people may have the right to break into my house and use violence to coerce me is an idea I instinctively deeply despise, even though I completely accept its need and desirability on the intellectual side, and rationalize it by thinking that I will probably never face it.

Pain is a hardwired response to adverse and unhealthy situations trying to force yourself to like those things isn't going to do anything. You have some contradictions of logic going on, you want the police because you think they protect you but you fear them as predators? Your basically trying to convince yourself you like fascism. Police are charged with your self defense and the defense of others, you don't waive your right to defend yourself from police because of this. Its usually assumed if your fighting a cop your the bad guy but that is just that an assumption.

Cops aren't charged with only your self defense, they defend you conditionally, and only so far as it doesn't conflict with their defense of others. And they act as if they will have to fight those they interact with because the bad ones will require that, so if you arm yourself a bit without taking it over the top its fine; they treat you like your dangerous anyway. they might be kind of abrasive because they are amp'ed up ready for a fight. Generally if everyone is armed the cops job is still gonna be the same assuming all the extra weapons floating around didn't make the bad guys more equipped, because the bad guys still fight, the innocent still act harmlessly but now they have the ability to defend themselves should the need arise. So its okay if you equip yourself to protect yourself from cops the real bad guys are gonna be the ones to misuse it anyway and they already do.

The "both sides" meme is a creation […]

There is no evidence whatsoever that the IDF and I[…]

Voting for this guy again would be a very banan[…]

The US government does not care about the ongoing […]