Anti-Police Rhetoric - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Crime and prevention thereof. Loopholes, grey areas and the letter of the law.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Child prostitution in Thailand is out of control. Because the authorities turn a blind eye it's hard to know just how bad it is, but what is known is that it's perverted sex-tourists from the west who fuel the business.
By Godstud
jessupjonesjnr87 wrote:Child prostitution in Thailand is out of control. Because the authorities turn a blind eye it's hard to know just how bad it is, but what is known is that it's perverted sex-tourists from the west who fuel the business.
Post a link or STFU. The perverts are coming from the West in droves. Tell the wankers in your neighbourhood to stop coming here, and help the problem.

It's not "out of control". That's you doing the media spin bullshit, as always. I showed you direct evidence proving that the authorities do NOT turn a blind eye to it, and you ignored it, as is typical. Typical appealing to an emotional argument bullshit.

Now get back on topic. You're way off topic, as well as being dead wrong. You know nothing about police in Thailand, so stop pretending that you do, because you read a blog somewhere, sometime.

The pervert is on the beach in public view. Why didn't the police bust him? Sex and middle aged men in Thailand is a profitable industry and it is about time Thailand cleans up its act.
By Verv
Or he has an adopted daughter.

Or he is friends with her parents, or somehow married into a family she is a part of, or a thousand other options.

Do you really think a pedophile in 2014 Thailand would have the audacity to be like, "Let's not have sex; let's go to the beach and unwind..."

I do not get why you're convinced this is legit.
The police in Thailand are corrupt. It is a hub for child prostitution and trafficking and the police take bribes off the criminals.

And what are the the Thailand police doing.
By Donna
I don't think it's possible to pursue a career in policing and avoid sinning against your fellow man at the same time. But rather than judging individual police officers for their career choice, there is some insight in recognizing that we are all 'cops' in our own way, in the sense that material or environmental circumstances compel all of us to sin against our neighbor. Even living with remote comfort in a developed country has a historical genealogy of violence and exploitation that most people aren't aware of.
By Godstud
anarchist23 wrote:The pervert is on the beach in public view. Why didn't the police bust him?
Probably because it's not illegal be sitting on a beach with someone younger than yourself. That's not a crime. You can't judge that based on a picture, either(as Verv said).

anarchist23 wrote:Sex and middle aged men in Thailand is a profitable industry and it is about time Thailand cleans up its act.
It's a profitable industry all over the world. Prostitution, while illegal in Thailand, is culturally accepted(unlike in the West), so cleaning it up really isn't on the list of priorities. Ethnocentrism, is what you are demonstrating here, very clearly. Your Irish Catholic morality doesn't apply in Thailand.

Also, your source doesn't say what "underage" is. Is it 17 years old? 16? 15? 14? Age of consent laws are not universally the same. Thai laws are a bit convoluted(http://www.thailandlawonline.com/laws-i ... lation#276), with 16 being the official age of consent, unless money is involved, and then it's 20. If marriage is involved, then there is provisions for marrying if a girl is 14+. As I said, it's a different culture, but you fail to see that again, because of your bias.

anarchist23 wrote:And what are the the Thailand police doing.
Arresting them, deporting them, imprisoning them, beating them, and sometimes killing them. To quote you... "WAKE UP!", anarchist23!

The police DO arrest pedophiles and people who do human trafficking. I posted examples and proof that the police ARE doing something about the problem. You chose to ignore it because it shows you are wrong. It's a big problem, but they are doing things to stop it.

Human trafficking is a crime. The police AND the military are clamping down on it, as well as police corruption(something that is hurting the tourism industry, incidentally as some bars are forced to close at midnight, instead of staying open til the sun comes up).
Godstud wrote:Ethnocentrism, is what you are demonstrating here, very clearly. Your Irish Catholic morality doesn't apply in Thailand.

What are you going on about. I am neither Irish or a Catholic.
Last edited by Cartertonian on 21 Oct 2014 15:27, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Rule 2 violation
By Godstud
Well, if I got that wrong then I am mistaken.

Your WESTERN Christian morality is what's the real problem. Am I wrong that you are Western and raised a Christian?
By redcarpet
Donald wrote:I don't think it's possible to pursue a career in policing and avoid sinning against your fellow man at the same time. But rather than judging individual police officers for their career choice, there is some insight in recognizing that we are all 'cops' in our own way, in the sense that material or environmental circumstances compel all of us to sin against our neighbor. Even living with remote comfort in a developed country has a historical genealogy of violence and exploitation that most people aren't aware of.

No one is going around saying police walk on water. Even they don't claim that. Most find much of their duties boring. Most end up just doing paper-work and desk-work in the police station than actual patrol or riot-control stuff.
Last edited by redcarpet on 22 Oct 2014 03:36, edited 1 time in total.
Godstud wrote:Well, if I got that wrong then I am mistaken.

Your WESTERN Christian morality is what's the real problem. Am I wrong that you are Western and raised a Christian?

If western morales include opposing child prostitution then that's fine with me.The problem with Thailand is that prostitution is illegal but not enforced, this means that the prostitution industry in Thailand practically operates of the grid making it nearly impossible to monitor or regulate. If you do actually give a shite about Thailand you should be concerned about this not ignoring or denying it.
By Godstud
No. Child abuse is not a western moral, and the Thais don't like it any more than anyone else does. You seem to think they approve of it. That's where you are wrong.

jessup wrote:The problem with Thailand is that prostitution is illegal but not enforced, this means that the prostitution industry in Thailand practically operates of the grid making it nearly impossible to monitor or regulate.
It's illegal in the US(in most of the US) and enforced and they have upwards of 300,000 humans trafficked there. So much for THAT working.

jessup wrote:If you do actually give a shite about Thailand you should be concerned about this not ignoring or denying it.
I do not deny that it's a problem, nor do I ignore it. You are making a claim that the police don't enforce the laws regarding underage prostitution, and I've demonstrated that they do. That's all.

Personally, I am totally against underage prostitution and pedophilia. I think those people should get a one way ticket down the Mekong River, sans boat. I've heard some pedophiles have had that "trip" before... funded by the police.
There is nothing wrong with debauched north americans marrying thai women half their age and forcing them to do all manner of kinky shit.
By KlassWar
Max Linder wrote:There is nothing wrong with debauched north americans marrying thai women half their age and forcing them to do all manner of kinky shit.

It might surprise you to find out that very many people very much enjoy doing all manner of kinky shit with their sex partners ... Without any forcing whatsoever.

And no, if the relationship is uncoerced there's nothing wrong at all if a 40-something dude from wherever meets some 20-something Thai chick and they decide to marry. People's relationships are largely their own business and their own problem .
By Godstud
If you came to Thailand you'd quickly discover that it is NOT unusual for there to be age gaps in relationships. My mother in law's husband is 17 years younger than her. Her previous husband was 20 years older than her. The hotel owner across the street from me has a husband 20 years younger than her. It's simply not a factor.

There are many older Thai men/women with young wives/husbands. It's only mocked in the West because people are overly critical of everything, yet when rich men have trophy wives, no one bats an eye. If I was rich you'd think it was perfectly normal.

Consensual sex can be anything you want it to be Max. Grow up.
By Godstud
What's the problem if they want to be together? A rich woman wants to be with a young man, and if that's what he wants too, then who cares how gross you think it is? I don't think men should be with really fat women. It's gross.
By Jed1
The problem lies in the fact there is little or no accountability of police officers, when they do overstep (abuse) their authority...probably the main reason is they have unions now, and the unions protect criminal cops, which they should not do..the profession has become watered down, and it seems hiring practises speed up the process of incompetence in the police forces. The police forces also lack training in peoples' constitutional rights, and the due process of law. They conveniently forget this when they violate these principles, and if you remind them of this by asking simple questions about "what law are they subjecting you to" they do not know the laws or their terms of reference. Also the police are protected and coddled by the courts..if you do manage to get charges laid against an officer for criminal conduct, (violation of the law), it will be quickly dismissed, and no further action against them will ensure...I am reminded of a case in Vancouver BC Canada, airport...the Robert Dziekansi case, where four policemen tasered him to death (5 or 6 taser shocks) even though he offered no resistance..they then lied to the judge at an inquiry, and were proven to be lying by a witness and a video (thank goodness for videos)...the result nothing happened to them..no charges for murder, manslaughter or whatever, no charges for perjury..nothing,zero, ziltch...so what message does that send to the public?

You have to be in a hierarchical structure right?[…]

Thread stinks of Nazi Bandera desperation, trying[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is an interesting concept that China, Russia[…]

We have totally dominant hate filled ideology. T[…]